ADVERTISEMENT

What will bowl game defensive changes look like?

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
DDS in Chop's spot?
Daquan Hardy in Johnny Dixon's spot?
Will Smith Vilbert get some bowl game PT?
How much will Lyons, Fisher and Vanover play as part of the DE rotation in the bowl game?
How will the PSU defense play against the Ole Miss offense with Lane Kiffin calling plays?

DDS in Chop's spot?
Daquan Hardy in Johnny Dixon's spot?
Will Smith Vilbert get some bowl game PT?
How much will Lyons, Fisher and Vanover play as part of the DE rotation in the bowl game?
How will the PSU defense play against the Ole Miss offense with Lane Kiffin calling plays?

Fun question.

I think we see a good dose of Hardy, Miller, and the 2 true freshman (Tracy and Washington). I don't think King plays a lot (think Saquon vs Washington). Hardy probably gets some outside snaps vs the #1/#2 WRs.

I don't think we see Vilbert. Wouldn't be shocked if he portals or retires at some point, but if he plays another PSU snap, it'll be the BW game at the earliest.

Vanover and Fisher will probably play the most DE snaps unless Lyons overtakes one of them. I think Issac plays quite a bit, more than King, but not much more.

I would say we blitz a little less than we did on average for 2 reasons: 1. Different play caller 2. Not our in-season full strength personnel.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Fun question.

I think we see a good dose of Hardy, Miller, and the 2 true freshman (Tracy and Washington). I don't think King plays a lot (think Saquon vs Washington). Hardy probably gets some outside snaps vs the #1/#2 WRs.

I don't think we see Vilbert. Wouldn't be shocked if he portals or retires at some point, but if he plays another PSU snap, it'll be the BW game at the earliest.

Vanover and Fisher will probably play the most DE snaps unless Lyons overtakes one of them. I think Issac plays quite a bit, more than King, but not much more.

I would say we blitz a little less than we did on average for 2 reasons: 1. Different play caller 2. Not our in-season full strength personnel.
I like the part of blitzing less with Dixon and Chop not playing. Chops presence and speed rushing/pressure was often key for Dixson and Carter blitzes to be successful.

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT