ADVERTISEMENT

Official Graham Spanier trial thread.

To the young men who testified at the Sandusky trial? To their families? Particularly those who came AFTER 2001? Those guilty verdicts mean something.

These men plead GUILTY to putting THEIR lives at risk. To endangering THEIR lives. These are real people. I think some of you tend to forget that.

Curley and Schultz will probably have to pay a fine and may get 9 months (shortened to 30 days) in jail.

These young men - will live with what happened to them for the rest of their lives.

So yes - EVEN A "GUILTY PLEA FOR A TRAFFIC TICKET" as some of you call it - means something to them.

Thanks,
Roxine

No they didn't. Curley and Schultz (who were collegiate administrators with no formal training in child abuse prevention) plead guilty to endangering the welfare of a single alleged victim that the OAG has yet to identify. It's irresponsible to blame them for any other alleged victim of Sandusky. A mob mentality will never, never fix this problem.

We both know that Joe received a vague report about an incident involving a former coach and a child in a university shower. This is a fact that has never been in dispute.

We also both know that Joe passed that report along to his direct supervisor in accordance with Penn State policy and then alerted the Administrative VP in charge of the police. This is also a fact that has never been in dispute.

So let me ask the question yet again. Do you still claim that Joe Paterno is a villain in this case?

We don't yet have all of the facts. I anticipate Curley will be called to the witness stand and will be asked to explain this, and other quotes, from the emails we do know about:

"After giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe yesterday, I am uncomfortable with what we agreed were the next steps. I am having trouble with going to everyone, but the person involved"

Let's see how this week plays out and perhaps then discuss who is culpable and who is not after I return from Harrisburg. You are more than welcomed to join me.

No they didn't. Curley and Schultz (who were collegiate administrators with no formal training in child abuse prevention) plead guilty to endangering the welfare of a single alleged victim that the OAG has yet to identify. It's irresponsible to blame them for any other alleged victim of Sandusky. A mob mentality will never, never fix this problem.

and the OAG admitted they committed no crime in 2001

But I'm sure that the victim is known to "God" and certain "victim advocates."

It doesn't matter what this Roxine says, it matters what those testifying say . I don't see any issue with her.

You would if you joined at a date prior to today. I have yet to see her ONCE try to draw any attention to the failures of TSM officials, DPW, CYS, and the OAG (has oversight of no profit charities). She want to ONLY focus on the PSU admins as opposed to looking into the root cause of it all (TSM/CYS failures). Hmmmm

We don't yet have all of the facts. I anticipate Curley will be called to the witness stand and will be asked to explain this, and other quotes, from the emails we do know about:

"After giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe yesterday, I am uncomfortable with what we agreed were the next steps. I am having trouble with going to everyone, but the person involved"

Let's see how this week plays out and perhaps then discuss who is culpable and who is not after I return from Harrisburg. You are more than welcomed to join me.

Paging @colt21..(who is an actual expert on this subject unlike Roxine)..Regardless of what C/S/S did or did not do, it is a FACT that Joe did exactly as he should have done in 2001 and even by current NCAA policy and current PA state law he did exactly what he should have.

So 5 full years later you're now going to take a "wait and see" approach. That's very big of you.

And thank you for the offer, but I have to decline. Please take the time to say hello to @wensilver for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zenophile
You would if you joined at a date prior to today. I have yet to see her ONCE try to draw any attention to the failures of TSM officials, DPW, CYS, and the OAG (has oversight of no profit charities). She want to ONLY focus on the PSU admins as opposed to looking into the root cause of it all (TSM/CYS failures). Hmmmm

Paging @colt21..(who is an actual expert on this subject unlike Roxine)..Regardless of what C/S/S did or did not do, it is a FACT that Joe did exactly as he should have done in 2001 and even by current NCAA policy and current PA state law he did exactly what he should have.

Why does anyone have to draw attention to anything or anyone when discussing this? Many people want to know what role psu played in this scandal and this next week or so should clarify that .
Seems many here just want to point the finger at other people and don't want the truth about penn state's involvement.
The trial is the important part, not some victim advocate and her opinion.

sorry - haven't had time to write on this lately

yes he did what he was supposed to do - just like everything I need to add context

based on the information we have, he did exactly what he should have, in HIS role, at THAT time, with the INFORMATION THAT WAS GIVEN TO HIM

In today's world
* the NCAA validated his actions
* with the CPSL law changes, he would NOT have even been involved in the situation - MM would have been REQUIRED to go directly to Childline or he would be in a whole heap of trouble - which I personally think is very telling

The only thing I want is the truth.

Thus far here are the facts as we know them.

Sandusky - GUILTY on 45 counts
Curley - PLEAD GUILTY - one count of child endangerment
Schultz - PLEAD GUILTY - one count of child endangerment
Ziegler - PLEAD GUILTY - one count of disorderly conduct
Spanier - TBD, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say whether he proceeds with the trial or takes a plea - will also be found guilty.

Why don't you list what C/S were not found guilty of? I've plead guilty to a traffic ticket that I not only was innocent of, I had rock solid proof of my innocence, and a state trooper to willing to go to court with me. In the end it wasn't worth my time off work to get out of paying the $107 ticket with no points. Of course, they know this and that is why they give out BS charges.

If it was important to you, you would go. It is important to me. It is important to the young men who testified at Jerry Sandusky's trial. If it's not important to you - why are you in a thread about a trail that doesn't concern you?

I've only ever seen the victims come out against the punishment of PSU. Since many were PSU fans, punishing the football team only punished them further. Considering so few victims were actually abused on PSU property, wouldn't their attention be directed elsewhere, say to those directly responsible for EVERY victim such as Jerry himself, the second mile, the DPW or CYS? Which victims specifically that testified at his trial are you referring to?

Why does anyone have to draw attention to anything or anyone when discussing this? Many people want to know what role psu played in this scandal and this next week or so should clarify that .
Seems many here just want to point the finger at other people and don't want the truth about penn state's involvement.
Thanks for stopping by and adding your 2 cents (posts).

You should follow up your comments with the quote from Raykovitz, phd and board certified child psychologist...."Are you saying Jerry is a pedophile? If you are, you are crazy."

I have one last question for you: Who has had more professional experience dealing with child welfare issues, Tim Curley or Dr Jack Raylovitz, phd?

Your selective outrage is sickening.

Graham Spanier, Ph.D.

Spanier, Graham, Basil 1948, “Sexual Socialization And Premarital Sexual Behavior: An Empirical Investigation Of The Impact Of Formal And Informal Sex Education,” Northwestern University, Ph.D., Sociology, Family A Dissertation Submitted To The Graduate School In Partial Fulfillment Of The Requirements For The Degree Doctor Of Philosophy, Field Of Sociology, Evanston, Illinois, June, 1973.

I get that this su

Graham Spanier, Ph.D.

Spanier, Graham, Basil 1948, “Sexual Socialization And Premarital Sexual Behavior: An Empirical Investigation Of The Impact Of Formal And Informal Sex Education,” Northwestern University, Ph.D., Sociology, Family A Dissertation Submitted To The Graduate School In Partial Fulfillment Of The Requirements For The Degree Doctor Of Philosophy, Field Of Sociology, Evanston, Illinois, June, 1973.
Did the victims attend Penn State when the crimes were committed?

I get that this su

Graham Spanier, Ph.D.

So because Graham is into S&M that automatically qualifies him to be fluent in catching a predator?

Nice try, but you're really digging for anything which tells me everything you say is
giphy.gif

I'm not expecting EVERYONE to try and draw attention to certain issues, but I'd certainly expect someone who paints themselves as a victim advocate in PA, such as Roxine, to be outraged over the folks who oversaw JS' access to kids ride off into the sunset without so much as a misdemeanor, etc..

This trial is nothing but a dog and pony show. Even if Spanier is convicted of EWOC, it does NOTHING to fix the actual broken child welfare system in PA.

I say this because PSU admins had nothing to do with keeping tabs on an ex employee and his access to TSM kids, you know who did? Raykovitz and his cronies at TSM and the state of PA via the OAG and CYS/DPW. Roxine hasn't uttered ONE WORD about these agencies and demanding a full investigation into how a pillar of the community offender was able to found a state licensed charity that also served as a victim farm.

Graham Spanier, Ph.D.

Have you read this dissertation? The title is not indicative of any relation whatsoever to pedophilia.

I'm not expecting EVERYONE to try and draw attention to certain issues, but I'd certainly expect someone who paints themselves as a victim advocate in PA, such as Roxine, to be outraged over the folks who oversaw JS' access to kids ride off into the sunset without so much as a misdemeanor, etc..

This trial is nothing but a dog and pony show. Even if Spanier is convicted of EWOC, it does NOTHING to fix the actual broken child welfare system in PA.

I say this because PSU admins had nothing to do with keeping tabs on an ex employee and his access to TSM kids, you know who did? Raykovitz and his cronies at TSM and the state of PA via the OAG and CYS/DPW. Roxine hasn't uttered ONE WORD about these agencies and demanding a full investigation into how a pillar of the community offender was able to found a state licensed charity that also served as a victim farm.

Two separate issues. This is a trial . Improving the CWS is a prodigious undertaking and I wonder how much it can be fixed.
It's easy to say fix it, but it seems the system is over loaded, and money is a huge issue .

When are you going to express your outrage over raykovitz ("just wear swim trunks"), genovese ("we've had to tell him to back off certain kids before"), heim (psu revoked your guest privleges here use my hotel), and poole at TSM and lauro (dpw) miller (cc cys) not even getting charged for ANYTHING?!? Surely you must be beside yourself and hounding the OAG daily to right this massive injustice that if exposed would help make Pa safer for kids!

We're all still waiting for an answer to this question @Roxine.

You really must be beside yourself knowing TSM officials, who literally enabled JS' grooming activities for YEARS, have escaped any and all scrutiny/prosecution...

The only thing I want is the truth.

Thus far here are the facts as we know them.

Sandusky - GUILTY on 45 counts
Curley - PLEAD GUILTY - one count of child endangerment
Schultz - PLEAD GUILTY - one count of child endangerment
Ziegler - PLEAD GUILTY - one count of disorderly conduct
Spanier - TBD, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say whether he proceeds with the trial or takes a plea - will also be found guilty.
Roxine, the day you actually put the hound dogs on the trail of Raykovitz and Heim and Corman and all the other enablers at TSM is the day I might actually respect your opinion. Until then, please just go away.

Two separate issues. This is a trial . Improving the CWS is a prodigious undertaking and I wonder how much it can be fixed.
It's easy to say fix it, but it seems the system is over loaded, and money is a huge issue .

No, these issues are interrelated. The trial is providing a smokescreen for the state so that the actual root cause issues (state licensed charity getting used as a victim farm and state child care experts getting fooled by a pillar of the community offender) never even get looked into and actual enablers brought to justice.

Part of the reason the system is so overloaded post 11/11 is because of all the new laws that were put in place due to the hysteria around the supposed PSU football cover up. These law changes made things WORSE. They overloaded an already underfunded, under trained, under staffed CYS/DPW system.

+100.
95% of this whole thing, since 2011, has been a dog and pony show or a political agenda.
Its done nothing to help the children of PA, as is evident by some of the things that have happened since 2011 to children in PA.

Update from the courthouse. It is very frustrating for those in attendance as they court is very disorganized and it is taking a long time to get back into the courtroom. There are a number of journalists there as well as some members of the public. Spanier is there of course but neither his wife nor any family appears to be with him.

+100.
95% of this whole thing, since 2011, has been a dog and pony show or a political agenda.
Its done nothing to help the children of PA, as is evident by some of the things that have happened since 2011 to children in PA.
And I hope everyone reading this does their part to help. Today a child is being sexually abused. Today a child needs your help. If you even SUSPECT that a child is being abused in any way - REPORT IT.

Call Childline - call 911 - you can report anonymously.

Update from the courthouse. It is very frustrating for those in attendance as they court is very disorganized and it is taking a long time to get back into the courtroom. There are a number of journalists there as well as some members of the public. Spanier is there of course but neither his wife nor any family appears to be with him.
Insightful stuff, I'm glad you were able to provide such an informative update. /s

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
We're all still waiting for an answer to this question @Roxine.

You really must be beside yourself knowing TSM officials, who literally enabled JS' grooming activities for YEARS, have escaped any and all scrutiny/prosecution...

You'll be waiting a long time for that.

Reminds me of the Sherlock Holmes story, "The Adventure of Silver Blaze." There was a murder and a robbery, but the watch dog didn't bark.

Gregory (Scotland Yard detective): "Is there any other point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
Holmes: "To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
Gregory: "The dog did nothing in the night-time."
Holmes: "That was the curious incident."[2]

The "curious incident of the dog in the night-time" is easily explained: the dog made no noise, because no stranger was there. As Holmes explains: "I had grasped the significance of the silence of the dog, for one true inference invariably suggests others.... Obviously the midnight visitor was someone whom the dog knew well. It was Straker who removed Silver Blaze from his stall and led him out on to the moor".

The Watch Dog (Roxine) isn't going to bark at her owners.

Uhhh..so why haven't you done anything about it? You claim to have some sort of pulpit but you do nothing to draw attention to the REAL enablers of JS. Instead you want to hyperventilate over some non child abuse expert college admin's TANGENTIAL role in the whole mess. You continually breeze by the fact that psu admins had zero control over JS' access to kids and forwarded both 98 and 01 to the folks who did.

Where are all the articles, tweets, posts on this site, etc. from you condemning the OAG for it's failure to property investigate TSM, CYS, and DPW's role in this?

I'm sure Wendy Silver would be HAPPY to team up with you in drawing attention to these issues (as she has already tirelessly done for the past 5+ years), but somehow you are the only victim advocate in PA that Wendy hasn't reach out to over the years :rolleyes:...yeah right.

Uhhh..so why haven't you done anything about it? You claim to have some sort of pulpit but you do nothing to draw attention to the REAL enablers of JS. Instead you want to hyperventilate over some non child abuse expert college admin's TANGENTIAL role in the whole mess. You continually breeze by the fact that psu admins had zero control over JS' access to kids and forwarded both 98 and 01 to the folks who did.

Where are all the articles, tweets, posts on this site, etc. from you condemning the OAG for it's failure to property investigate TSM, CYS, and DPW's role in this?

I'm sure Wendy Silver would be HAPPY to team up with you in drawing attention to these issues (as she has already tirelessly done for the past 5+ years), but somehow you are the only victim advocate in PA that Wendy hasn't reach out to over the years :rolleyes:...yeah right.

I'm sorry, but you don't get to talk to some with 75 likes in that manner

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT