ADVERTISEMENT

"Official next Gen Corvette reveal thread"

I'd rather they make a full size (think Charger) Chevy with a supercharged LS engine and modern suspension.

looks nice but also looks like a McLaren rip off.
mclaren_auto_red_79737_1920x1080.jpg

2020-chevrolet-corvette-front-three-quarters-1563488441.jpg

The Chevy SS sold so well.
not what I had in mind, though they were fun to drive

I mean a purpose built from the ground up muscle car- not that Chevy will ever do it, they make their money from trucks and cars built for the rental fleets

not what I had in mind, though they were fun to drive

I mean a purpose built from the ground up muscle car- not that Chevy will ever do it, they make their money from trucks and cars built for the rental fleets
are you looking for a sedan, because other than that what are you looking for that the camaro does not provide

are you looking for a sedan, because other than that what are you looking for that the camaro does not provide
yeah, a full size sedan- the Camaro is not only ugly, but you can't see out of it worth a damn, and it's uncomfortable for anyone bigger than 6'

I want a full size driver's car- big power, serious handling, and real brakes- not that they are going to build one

Reactions: STPGopherfan
yeah, a full size sedan- the Camaro is not only ugly, but you can't see out of it worth a damn, and it's uncomfortable for anyone bigger than 6'

I want a full size driver's car- big power, serious handling, and real brakes- not that they are going to build one
no, GM won't be building that
GM's long term goal, if you believe them, is to build all their cars without IC engines

Did you buy the SS when available? People always say they want cars of this nature but never buy any. If people like you actually buy what they say they want more cars of this nature would exist.

Last edited:
Did you buy the SS when available? People always say they want cars of this nature but never buy any.

Also the caddy CTS is pretty much exactly what you describe and still available (I think as 2019 is the last model year). It’s a modern rwd sports sedan available with the turbo V8. Are you gonnna buy one or just complain?
I drove the SS, and didn't like it- too small for me, similar in size to an Impala. I'm sure little guys would have loved them if they had tried them out. I need leg room.

I wasn't "complaining" just stating what I would like to see from Chevy. But they understandably want everyone in a Silverado.

@psuro
Now that is a great looking Vette and vet. What say ye ro ? Did I get it right this time? :p
Thanks for the post ardvark.

Was watching "Comedian in cars getting coffee" and Jerry Seinfeld was driving a 1963 Split Window, and was talking about the Corvette lineage and history. He made mention that all of the astronauts on Apollo 11 drove Corvettes. And the were vets.

Speed and power were in their blood, and today is the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.

Last edited:
As an owner of a 2015 C7 Z51 Stingray I look forward to the refresh for the advancement it should give the Corvette race team on the IMSA series. The C7 has been brilliant in competition and proves to be a world class sports car at a fraction of the cost of competition.

The C8 will see a sizable increase in cost and the justification of fit, finish and performance will need to support the incredible increase. Personally my Model 3 is nearly as fast, much easier to get in and out of because it doesn’t sit as low (even at a fit 44 that matters) and is very accommodating for guests. The distance between sports sedans and sports cars continues to narrow and sports cars are becoming more like track toys and show pieces than daily drivers. Fact is, most people who own these high hp vehicles have no idea what they’re doing behind the wheel.

Was watching "Comedian in cars getting coffee" and Jerry Seinfeld was driving a 1963 Split Window, and was talking about the Corvette lineage and history. He made mention that all of the astronauts on Apollo 11 drove Corvettes. And the were vets.

Speed and power were in their blood, and today is the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.
Many of the Euro endurance drivers, think LeMans, Sebring have a Vette back in Europe. They love them, and they garner a lot of attention back over the pond.

We should respect all Vettes And Vets.

I'm not much of a sports car enthusiast (basically because I can't afford one). Last Saturday I stopped at CVS for my prescription. As I pulled into the parking lot, I saw a car I had not seen before. I pulled next to the red convertible ...gave a lot of separation between my 2010 Impala LTZ with 146,000 miles and that neat convertible. As Kar went into the store, I researched the car and found it to be a California model. I was really disappointed that the owner went so cheap on the car. Probably $230k when he could have thrown in another $70 grand and purchased a high end 488.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Yeah, I don’t think the recent, including the latest designs have that classic style and features that will hold up to the test of time. Way too many angles, baubles, and unnecessary details.[/QUOTE]

A beautiful automobile, always wished I could own one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranger Dan
the real reason it comes in Automatic only.....demand....
t certainly requires a non-trivial investment to engineer, tune, and certify an additional powertrain variant, but Juechter's deputy, chief engineer Ed Piatek, told us that those are challenges the Corvette's ace engineering team would've happily overcome.

Piatek said that the real thing that put the team over the edge in their decision was a lack of customer demand. Citing manual-transmission take rakes for the C7 Corvette, which started at or slightly above 50 percent when it launched as a 2014 model, he says those have more recently dwindled down to only 20 percent. (Perhaps these are the same cretins who have been begging for all-season tires, which are newly standard on the C8.)

Read somewhere that there have been so many orders already that they may have reached production capacity based on preliminary orders.

Re: manual / auto - the days of the 3 pedal are pretty much over - DCT is significantly faster and makes for a smoother shift than the traditional stick shift.

Reactions: Nitt1300 and Nitwit
Read somewhere that there have been so many orders already that they may have reached production capacity based on preliminary orders.

Re: manual / auto - the days of the 3 pedal are pretty much over - DCT is significantly faster and makes for a smoother shift than the traditional stick shift.
these are automatics

I'm not much of a sports car enthusiast (basically because I can't afford one). Last Saturday I stopped at CVS for my prescription. As I pulled into the parking lot, I saw a car I had not seen before. I pulled next to the red convertible ...gave a lot of separation between my 2010 Impala LTZ with 146,000 miles and that neat convertible. As Kar went into the store, I researched the car and found it to be a California model. I was really disappointed that the owner went so cheap on the car. Probably $230k when he could have thrown in another $70 grand and purchased a high end 488.

maxresdefault.jpg

You don’t just walk into a Ferrari dealer and buy a car at msrp even if you have the cash. The high demand cars go to repeat customers.

Reactions: Tri-Power65

maxresdefault.jpg

Here is what to glean from this Step-the person who owns this California is the worst hedge fund manager in town. So you want to avoid them. Find the one with the 488 and trust them.

Reactions: step.eng69
se-image-1258b415549a46a6c22c628084712b69.jpg

Watched a video yesterday of Butch Leitzinger driving one of these at the Sun Valley Tour de Force in Idaho.
A road car on a public highway going 253 mph! Just a mere 1474 hp. , wow. Its a Bugatti Chiron

You don’t just walk into a Ferrari dealer and buy a car at msrp even if you have the cash. The high demand cars go to repeat customers.
Really,
Do you mean I can not walk into a Ferrari dealer and place $10,000 down and expect to buy one on payments. :(

I'm so naive on the subject of Royalty, I forgot that we tried to step away from the European kings and the class system. The kings, must still have us by the balls. Does this also mean the local peasants and I can't buy an "F" racing car because we aren't in the " repeater fraternity"?

I would have to agree, that these and others are well engineered and tooled foreign racing machines. :)

Last edited:
Really,
Do you mean I can not walk into a Ferrari dealer and place $10,000 down and expect to buy one on payments. :(

I'm so naive on the subject of Royalty, I forgot that we tried to step away from the European kings and the class system. The kings, must still have us by the balls. Does this also mean the local peasants and I can't buy an "F" racing car because we aren't in the " repeater fraternity"?

I would have to agree, that these and others are well engineered and tooled foreign racing machines. :)
I have two words for you.

Pagani. Huarya.

Really,

You could walk in with 50 grand over msrp in a briefcase and they would offer you the chance to buy something used... or a California.

se-image-1258b415549a46a6c22c628084712b69.jpg

Watched a video yesterday of Butch Leitzinger driving one of these at the Sun Valley Tour de Force in Idaho.
A road car on a public highway going 253 mph! Just a mere 1474 hp. , wow. Its a Bugatti Chiron

And the 1958 Edsel was a strange choice for front end design inspiration...

You could walk in with 50 grand over msrp in a briefcase and they would offer you the chance to buy something used... or a California.
Thanks for the inspiration, lax, but if I had $50 grand to throw away on a vehicle, I 'd buy a GMC truck. Realistically, I'll have the high end sports car enthusiasts on the board crying if I drove the sports car along the mile of twp road & another 800 or so feet to my garage. Traveling faster than 10 mph throws the 1" aggregate around like missiles.

The family farm road starts at the DO NOT ENTER sign.

REDNECK-WEDDING-026.jpg

REDNECK-WEDDING-036.jpg

REDNECK-WEDDING-040.jpg

Kind of like the car below only with serious handling, and real brakes?
s-l1600.jpg

Probably the closest we'll see?
Vehicles-CTS-V.jpg

And this one for the home games :cool:
48866d714384907a1281913400da27c7.jpg
That actually looks like one my cousin had. His was a 66' with a hardtop. Same color. One of my H.S. coaches had two that were metallic Midnight blue. He just finished off frame restoration. They were parallel parked against the curb. Along comes someone that was drunk. The person side swiped and totalled both of them.:mad:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT