ADVERTISEMENT

"Oh GREAT Chris Berman & Trent Dilfer calling the game!"

I like Dilfer. Berman is terrible and should have went away a long time ago. I think at this point ESPN just gives him mercy air time since he was there at the beginning. What a huge douchebag.

he actually sounds really really bad. Maybe I just haven't heard him in a long time.
But he sounds drunk or sick

I like Dilfer. Berman is terrible and should have went away a long time ago. I think at this point ESPN just gives him mercy air time since he was there at the beginning. What a huge douchebag.

The Worldwide Leader is no longer flush. Cable TV is losing subscribers at a major rate, and parent company Disney has taken a hit. The old ESPN stars will eventually be affected; Scott Van Pelt is back to a Sports Center slot. When corporate America gets serious about costs and re-structuring, they often chop older, higher paid personnel. We can only hope Berman gets the axe.

I thought Dilfer was just as unbearable. Both of them seem to yell their commentary the entire game, even on pedestrian plays. I didn't understand it and found it completely irritating to listen to. Worse that Pam Ward and Beth Mowins, and that's saying something.

The Worldwide Leader is no longer flush. Cable TV is losing subscribers at a major rate, and parent company Disney has taken a hit. The old ESPN stars will eventually be affected; Scott Van Pelt is back to a Sports Center slot. When corporate America gets serious about costs and re-structuring, they often chop older, higher paid personnel. We can only hope Berman gets the axe.

His $3mm per year is certainly a good place to start.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT