ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State vs Oregon

The guy was handed a war chest that only GA and Bama can compete with their NIL is off the charts. Seems to me they have one or two more losses on their schedule and hopefully we are one they lose too.
You know they're favored to win out right?
Doesn't mean they will but 2 more losses seems like a reach. They lost by a score at a top 5 team.

Hopefully we do beat them. That's really the only game that should be in doubt for either team.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Ohio State fans also really want LJ gone.

Why? Do they blame him for the loss?

Buckeyes play the same 4-2-5 we do, but probably blitz less overall. It's a weak rush defense, but they did fine yesterday considering the opponent (Oregon's RB had over 100 vs UCLA so I would say they are a very good rushing team).

The Buckeyes got beat in a duel on the road vs a team with comparable talent. Had Smith not pushed off, they very likely kick the FG and win the squeaker and Oregon fans are crying the same cries.

Fans tend to suck. That was a great game that somebody had to lose. Oregon shut down Judkins, and in the biggest moment of the game their mercenary QB sealed the loss after playing a near flawless game.

There’s a possibility that if we beat tOSU then they might not make the playoffs. Even if they win all the rest of their games they likely wouldn’t have any signature wins - I wouldn’t be surprised if none of Nebraska, Indiana or Michigan end up with 9+ wins - and played a crappy non conference schedule. I mean, I think name alone would likely carry them in but it would depend on how the committee rates teams.

There’s a possibility that if we beat tOSU then they might not make the playoffs. Even if they win all the rest of their games they likely wouldn’t have any signature wins - I wouldn’t be surprised if none of Nebraska, Indiana or Michigan end up with 9+ wins - and played a crappy non conference schedule. I mean, I think name alone would likely carry them in but it would depend on how the committee rates teams.
10-2 Ohio State is a lock...I think Penn State at 10-2 is a lock. It's going to be very tough for the committee to ever leave out a 10 win Big Ten or SEC
Also they'd have 2 losses to top 3 teams in your scenario. Lock

10-2 Ohio State is a lock...I think Penn State at 10-2 is a lock. It's going to be very tough for the committee to ever leave out a 10 win brand like Ohio State.
Also they'd have 2 losses to top 3 teams in your scenario. Lock

Edited.

They would be PISSED but not falling out of the playoff. I agree.

Bama, Georgia too. 3 losses to consider it and that largely depends on other teams finishing with better records.

Edited.

They would be PISSED but not falling out of the playoff. I agree.

Bama, Georgia too. 3 losses to consider it and that largely depends on other teams finishing with better records.
That's fair. Teams like Indiana or Vanderbilt may get left out at 10-2 but i think even Iowa or Ole Miss types get in at 10-2

That's fair. Teams like Indiana or Vanderbilt may get left out at 10-2 but i think even Iowa or Ole Miss types get in at 10-2

Ole Miss is looking at a 1 game season now. Beat UGA and win out, they will make it in.

Iowa likely gets in at 10-2, but probably going to be huge Nebraska fans until Thanksgiving. They need to keep scoring points and living off defensive reputation (I don't think this version is as good as they have been, particularly in the secondary, but they are awesome at LB).

Vandy has too many obstacles. Texas, LSU, and Tennessee. They could eek out 1 of them, but 9-3 with the GA State loss will eliminate them.

Indiana. They gotta win 11 to get in. Outside of some catastrophic weekends. That means beating Michigan or OSU. And 5-1 Nebraska is next.

12 teams is fun though!

Ole Miss is looking at a 1 game season now. Beat UGA and win out, they will make it in.

Iowa likely gets in at 10-2, but probably going to be huge Nebraska fans until Thanksgiving. They need to keep scoring points and living off defensive reputation (I don't think this version is as good as they have been, particularly in the secondary, but they are awesome at LB).

Vandy has too many obstacles. Texas, LSU, and Tennessee. They could eek out 1 of them, but 9-3 with the GA State loss will eliminate them.

Indiana. They gotta win 11 to get in. Outside of some catastrophic weekends. That means beating Michigan or OSU. And 5-1 Nebraska is next.

12 teams is fun though!
This Indiana Nebraska game will be interesting. Two teams playing well. Good coaching battle of Rhule vs Cignetti. If Indiana gets this one they very well could be headed for 11-1 and a playoff spot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT