ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, so what do you do for a living?....

Volunteer, mentor, and give back.
giphy.gif

CPA - left public practice in April 1997. Corporate Controller for a publicly traded consulting company from 1997 to 2003, then three years as Controller/CFO for a private government contractor and Corporate Controller for a family-owned kitchen, bath, remodeling dealership since Sept 2006.

Reactions: PSUfiji
]

Director of Sales, Marketing Lead, and 3rd Party Liaison, for CA division of largest legal cannabis firm in the country/world.

Happy to be a part of the industry that's lightening your load, DandyDon!
Sales at an all-time high?

Senior executive at an engineering firm focusing on oil/gas, private development and municipal engineering.

Looking at all of the other occupations, it looks like I only ignored the stupid people.

Reactions: CentrevilleLion
Ha! Nothing like a rail repair on your commute.;) It does beat the alternative though.

What do they tell you when you get held up for such? Never rode Amtrak and what little I worked locally on an Amtrak line, we usually got held off until passengers were by before getting to do our work.

I make drugs and my two sons are pushers.

Definition:
In tennis, a pusher is a defensive player who "pushes" back any shot they can chase down, without deliberately hitting a winner. They can angle shots, aim deep, as well as produce effective lobs. Pushers are extremely quick and consistent, rarely making errors.

Large Group Insurance Sales/Administration for 25 years, retired in 1998. Part-time Illinois High School Association athletic official. (Unofficial bagman for The University of Kansas Athletic Department.)

Worked part-time for Trader Joe’s 2000-2007, then retired again.

Last 5-10 years have pursued an elusive employment opportunity as a
Moderator on an (unnamed) internet discussion website.

Ned Ryerson?

37 years in public education (New York). Born and raised just outside of Shamokin, parents moved to Selinsgrove when I was a freshman at Mansfield University. My late wife was from Numedia (just outside of Catawissa) Pa. My first job ended up being the only stop. Football Coach, Teacher, and the last 20 or so as Athletic Director.
I retired in June of 2009 and my wife passed away in October. I had the opportunity to go back to work and I am the Athletic Coordinator of a 17 school athletic league in the Mid Hudson Valley of NY. I also negotiate all the sport officials contracts in our section (sections are akin to districts in PIAA). I also serve as the state chairperson of the Officials Coordinating Federation.

Ok, sounds great, but what do you do to stay busy?

Reactions: sluggo72
That was the point....once my wife died,retirement held no meaning. Stay busy until the end.
That was the point....once my wife died,retirement held no meaning. Stay busy until the end.

;) I was teasing. I admire your energy. I felt like a sloth after reading your post. Keep on keepin' on!!

you retire 30 years ago?
20 years ago. Mainframes were still our biggest revenue producer at that time. For the most part, they were the only thing actually making money. They were keeping the ship afloat as we tranformed the business away from mainframe hardware.

Reactions: PSUfiji
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT