ADVERTISEMENT

Ok

sammyk

Oct 26, 2001
I understand some can not stand the BIG so here just for fun is a conference I made up I guess you can name it the Eastern Confernece

Eastern (North Division)
Penn State
Boston College
Syracuse
Rutgers
UCONN
Temple
Army

Eastern (south division)
Note Dame
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Maryland
Marshall
Navy
Old Dominion

This conference would encompass about 74 million people extend from Maine to Virginia to the Ohio River
The states in this conference plus DC has 370 kids with D1 offers so there is regional talent. Have the conference championship games at Giants Stadium or Philly. You would have heavy hitters in Football like PSU and Notre Dame,with some schools like WVU, Maryland, Rutgers Boston College, Pitt, Marshall, and Navy with some success in the past five years and I think and up and comer Old Dominion. Plus you would own the Army Navy game. Some great rivalry games or cross conference games could be

Penn State vs Notre Dame
Army vs Navy
Pitt vs WVU
PSU vs Pitt
PSU vs WVU
Notre Dame vs Pitt
Notre Dame vs WVU
Notre Dame vs Navy
Penn State vs Rutgers
WVU vs Marshall
PSU vs Boston College
WVU vs Maryland
Maryland vs Navy
Boston College vs UCONN
Temple vs Rutgers
Syracuse vs Army

In Basketball you have UCONN, Maryland, Pitt, WVU, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Boston College, Temple that are very solid programs, wrestling PSU, Pitt, Rutgers, Maryland, WVU, and the possibility of Syracuse to get that sport back, hockey has great potential as well

I would call it the Old-Farts, No-Money Conference, or the OFNMC.

Ok hear me out PSU regardless of where they are will always be a blue chip program, Rutgers has a huge upside Boston College always tough UCONN has been a quality team in the past and can be again, Syracuse would need to get back to being Syracuse but I think PSU elevates that division

I understand some can not stand the BIG so here just for fun is a conference I made up I guess you can name it the Eastern Confernece

Eastern (North Division)
Penn State
Boston College
Syracuse
Rutgers
UCONN
Temple
Army

Eastern (south division)
Note Dame
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Maryland
Marshall
Navy
Old Dominion

This conference would encompass about 74 million people extend from Maine to Virginia to the Ohio River
The states in this conference plus DC has 370 kids with D1 offers so there is regional talent. Have the conference championship games at Giants Stadium or Philly. You would have heavy hitters in Football like PSU and Notre Dame,with some schools like WVU, Maryland, Rutgers Boston College, Pitt, Marshall, and Navy with some success in the past five years and I think and up and comer Old Dominion. Plus you would own the Army Navy game. Some great rivalry games or cross conference games could be

Penn State vs Notre Dame
Army vs Navy
Pitt vs WVU
PSU vs Pitt
PSU vs WVU
Notre Dame vs Pitt
Notre Dame vs WVU
Notre Dame vs Navy
Penn State vs Rutgers
WVU vs Marshall
PSU vs Boston College
WVU vs Maryland
Maryland vs Navy
Boston College vs UCONN
Temple vs Rutgers
Syracuse vs Army
I appreciate your efforts but that conference would be much worse than the BigTen. The North Divison, aside from us and BC, has a bunch of candy ass football programs. The South is much better with ND, Pitt, WVU, and Maryland, but as much as I hate the BigTen, it would be light years ahead of that thing.

I think the Growth in States like NJ, MD, and VA is huge plus Delaware yes Delaware has a higher growth rate than several BIG states

Ok hear me out PSU regardless of where they are will always be a blue chip program, Rutgers has a huge upside Boston College always tough UCONN has been a quality team in the past and can be again, Syracuse would need to get back to being Syracuse but I think PSU elevates that division
Rutgers has no huge upside. They have no upside at all. They also have no downside because they cannot get much lower as a football program than they already are. They only have a backside and they get it kicked regularly by any team with a pulse. They have nearly 150 years of futility and, despite the pipe dreams of their fans, they are destined for 150 more. BC has some history and, if they spent some serious money, could be a decent team. UCONN is the equivalent of a good MAC team and they will never be much more. Syracuse has a past but no future.

Also you have football states like PA, NJ, MD, and VA a ton of talent there. Two of the best wrestling states PA and NJ with MD and NY in there the most fertile Basketball area in the country the I 95 corridor and great Hockey areas

NJ has football talent though and say what you want Rutgers is so much better than they were decades ago not even close

NJ has football talent though and say what you want Rutgers is so much better than they were decades ago not even close
Let them prove it on the field. They may be better because they could hardly be worse. They will be another Indiana type team in the BigTen. NJ has talent but Rutgers gets none of it. No serious player wants to go there.

No Money you own I 95 you have NYC, Philly, Boston, DC, Baltimore,

No money as in no one would give a damn about that conference, so the TV deals would be weak to non-existent.

It's not about the location. It's about the schools. That should be obvious.

Eastern (North Division)
Penn State
Boston College
Syracuse
Rutgers
UCONN
Temple
Army

Eastern (south division)
Note Dame
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Maryland
Marshall
Navy
Old Dominion

Penn State vs Notre Dame
Army vs Navy
Pitt vs WVU
PSU vs Pitt
PSU vs WVU
Notre Dame vs Pitt
Notre Dame vs WVU
Notre Dame vs Navy
Penn State vs Rutgers
WVU vs Marshall
PSU vs Boston College
WVU vs Maryland
Maryland vs Navy
Boston College vs UCONN
Temple vs Rutgers
Syracuse vs Army

In Basketball you have UCONN, Maryland, Pitt, WVU, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Boston College, Temple that are very solid programs, wrestling PSU, Pitt, Rutgers, Maryland, WVU, and the possibility of Syracuse to get that sport back, hockey has great potential as well

At the very least you need to drop Rutgers and UConn in the north and Marshall/ Old Dominion in the south. ;)

Last edited:
Rutgers much better than Indiana or Purdue
Much better? I doubt it. They did beat Indiana last year, but they will lose to them on the road this year. They have not played Purdue, but are about equal in terms of talent. I see Rutgers going 3-9 this year...maybe 4-8 if they get a break or two. That's about all I'm going to say about Rutgers tonight. They're really not worth my, or anyone's, time.

Eastern (North Division)
Penn State
Boston College
Syracuse
Rutgers
UCONN
Temple
Army

Eastern (south division)
Note Dame
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Maryland
Marshall
Navy
Old Dominion

Penn State vs Notre Dame
Army vs Navy
Pitt vs WVU
PSU vs Pitt
PSU vs WVU
Notre Dame vs Pitt
Notre Dame vs WVU
Notre Dame vs Navy
Penn State vs Rutgers
WVU vs Marshall
PSU vs Boston College
WVU vs Maryland
Maryland vs Navy
Boston College vs UCONN
Temple vs Rutgers
Syracuse vs Army

Why do you think Penn State vs. Pitt isn't a rivalry?

I don't know Notre Dame huge National following, Penn State huge National Following, believe it or not WVU huge East coast following, in VA, NC, SC, MD, and PA I see a ton of silver WV magnets on vehicles. Maryland huge university, Navy national following, Old Dominion is making great headway in VA and sorry Rutgers is in the right spot to a ton of support. And with Basketball Syracuse and UCONN have pretty known programs throughout the U.S.

Eastern (North Division)
Penn State
Boston College
Syracuse
Rutgers
UCONN
Temple
Army

Eastern (south division)
Note Dame
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Maryland
Marshall
Navy
Old Dominion

Penn State vs Notre Dame
Army vs Navy
Pitt vs WVU
PSU vs Pitt
PSU vs WVU
Notre Dame vs Pitt
Notre Dame vs WVU
Notre Dame vs Navy
Penn State vs Rutgers
WVU vs Marshall
PSU vs Boston College
WVU vs Maryland
Maryland vs Navy
Boston College vs UCONN
Temple vs Rutgers
Syracuse vs Army

With all due respect, this league has the "fun factor" of watching birds crap on your own newly washed car.

I think this conference has a bigger upside than the BIG 12 After Texas and Oklahoma who really makes waves ? Kansas, Iowa State, Texas Tech, even Kansas State gets no love. I think PSU and Notre Dame match Texas and Oklahoma on a National stage,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT