ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Team Trials Tickets

psujeepman1

Jan 20, 2018
Just noted that the tickets in my account are date for Thursday the 18th and Friday the 19th.

I’m pretty sure the tournament is Friday the 19th and Saturday the 20th.

Anyone else notice this with their digital tickets?

Just noted that the tickets in my account are date for Thursday the 18th and Friday the 19th.

Ditto

Mine say 19th and 20th.

• Wow
Reactions: mcpat

Saw today that my digital tickets’ dates have changed and are now correct. I had never added them to my wallet, if that matters.

I got tickets to go. I am so frickin pumped, it is gonna be amazing! It will be my first live wrestling event other than high school of coarse. It has got to be considered one of the best ever if not the best ever. Imo. but I can say I am sure I am bias.

Reactions: mcpat and Verolion
The 20th is my birthday and that would be an enjoyable day for me, but I'm not sure that I'll be in the area, so I didn't purchase tickets. Might have to keep my options open though in case I'm able to pull it off and look for a last minute ticket.

The 20th is my birthday and that would be an enjoyable day for me, but I'm not sure that I'll be in the area, so I didn't purchase tickets. Might have to keep my options open though in case I'm able to pull it off and look for a last minute ticket.
I just got press credentials, so I may be looking to sell my single ticket (all sessions) I already have. I just want to find out where they're planning on sticking the press. My ticket isn't a great seat--Section 210 in the corner, but I can ping you when I decide to sell (likely).

I just got press credentials, so I may be looking to sell my single ticket (all sessions) I already have. I just want to find out where they're planning on sticking the press. My ticket isn't a great seat--Section 210 in the corner, but I can ping you when I decide to sell (likely).

Thanks, much appreciated. Like I said, as it stands now, I probably won't be in the area, but should have a better idea as we get closer to that time. Thanks again.

Reactions: nerfstate
Anyone know the schedule?
I posted this awhile ago. I would assume it's still accurate:

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2023/April/21/Olympic-Trials-advance

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – The Bryce Jordan Center on the campus of Penn State University in University Park, Pa. has been selected to host the 2024 U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling on Friday, April 19 and Saturday, April 20. Penn State University is serving as the local organizing committee.

The champions from the U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling will become eligible to represent the United States at the Olympic Games Paris 2024, August 5-11, 2024.

The competition will be held in the 18 Olympic weight classes in wrestling, which includes six weight classes in men’s freestyle (57 kg, 65 kg, 74 kg, 86 kg, 97 kg, 125 kg), women’s wrestling (50 kg, 53 kg, 57 kg, 62 kg, 68 kg, 76 kg) and Greco-Roman (60 kg, 67 kg, 77 kg, 87 kg, 97 kg, 130 kg).

Ticket information for the U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling will be announced on May 9, 2023.

In the two-day format, Friday, April 19, will include start of the Challenge Tournament in all 18 weight classes. Included in Friday’s action will be the Challenge Tournament finals, which will determine one athlete in each weight class who advances to the Final Championship Series on Saturday.

On Saturday, April 20, all 18 best-of-three Final Championship Series will be held, which determines the U.S. Olympic Team Trials champions in each weight class. This series will feature the top seed and the Challenge Tournament champion, as determined by the 2024 Olympic Games Team Selection Procedures. In addition, the completion of the consolation rounds of the Challenge Tournament will be held on Saturday.

At this point, the 2024 Olympic Games Team Selection Procedures have not yet been finalized and approved.

The Bryce Jordan Center has already established itself as a historic wrestling venue. It served as the site of the 1999 NCAA Championships, which ironically featured current Penn State head coach Cael Sanderson’s first of four NCAA titles and Penn State assistant coach Casey Cunningham’s 157 pound crown. The Bryce Jordan Center was also the site of the 1998 and 2009 Big Ten Championships and will serve as the host site in March of 2021.

The top eight (and nine of the top 10) all-time NCAA wrestling indoor dual meet attendance records have taken place at the Bryce Jordan Center, including the all-time indoor record of 15,998 (set twice including this past year’s recording tying crowd on Jan. 27, 2023). That record crowd is the largest crowd to ever witness a Penn State Athletics event not held in Beaver Stadium, Penn State’s 100,000-plus capacity football stadium.

University Park becomes only the 11th U.S. city to host a U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling since USA Wrestling became national governing body for wrestling in the United States in 1983. The only previous time it was held in Pennsylvania was in 1992, when the U.S. Freestyle Olympic Team Trials were hosted in Pittsburgh.

This will be the sixth straight U.S. Olympic Team Trials in which all three Olympic wrestling teams were determined at the same time, with men’s freestyle, women’s freestyle and Greco-Roman all featured in the event. The previous U.S. Olympic Team Trials with all three teams determined were in Indianapolis (2004), Las Vegas (2008), Iowa City (2012, 2016) and Fort Worth Texas (2020).

Host Penn State is one of college wrestling’s most successful teams in history, boasting 11 NCAA Div. I national team titles. Included are ten of the last 11 contested NCAA Div. I national team titles, under head coach Cael Sanderson, a 2004 Olympic gold medalist in freestyle wrestling, and one of only three coaches to lead his squad to 10 or more NCAA team championships.

U.S. OLYMPIC TEAM TRIALS - Freestyle
1984 – Allendale, Mich.
1988 – Pensacola, Fla.
1992 – Pittsburgh, Pa.
1996 – Spokane, Wash.
2000 – Dallas, Texas
2004 – Indianapolis, Ind.
2008 – Las Vegas, Nev.
2012 – Iowa City, Iowa
2016 – Iowa City, Iowa
2020 – Fort Worth, Texas
2024 – University Park, Pa.

U.S. OLYMPIC TEAM TRIALS – Greco-Roman
1984 – Allendale, Mich.
1988 – Pensacola, Fla.
1992 – Concord, Calif.
1996 – Concord, Calif.
2000 – Dallas, Texas
2008 – Las Vegas, Nev.
2012 – Iowa City, Iowa
2016 – Iowa City, Iowa
2020 – Fort Worth, Texas
2024 - University Park, Pa.

U.S. OLYMPIC TEAM TRIALS – Women’s Freestyle
2008 - Las Vegas, Nev.
2012 – Iowa City, Iowa
2016 – Iowa City, Iowa
2020 – Fort Worth, Texas
2024 - University Park, Pa.

@ railbirrd, Thank You
But I'm looking for wrestling times for Freestyle. I have tickets already. Just curious to make plans with family and friends while in State College. Most people aren't off till weekend and that's when Trials are scheduled.

@ railbirrd, Thank You
But I'm looking for wrestling times for Freestyle. I have tickets already. Just curious to make plans with family and friends while in State College. Most people aren't off till weekend and that's when Trials are scheduled.
Schedule (Times listed are Eastern Standard time)

Friday, February 23 *Kyle Dake competes.

11 a.m. - Qualification-MFS 61 kg, 74 kg, 86 kg

3 p.m. - Semifinals-MFS 61 kg, 74 kg, 86 kg

4 p.m. - Repechage-MFS 61 kg, 74 kg, 86 kg

6 p.m. - Finals-MFS 61 kg, 74 kg, 86 kg

Saturday, February 24 *Nick Lee, Alex Facundo, and Kyle Snyder compete.

11 a.m. - Qualification-MFS-57 kg, 65 kg, 70 kg, 79 kg, 92 kg, 97 kg, 125 kg

3 p.m. - Semifinals-MFS-57 kg, 65 kg, 70 kg, 79 kg, 92 kg, 97 kg, 125 kg

4 p.m. - Repechage-MFS-57 kg, 65 kg, 70 kg, 79 kg, 92 kg, 97 kg, 125 kg

6 p.m. - Finals-MFS-57 kg, 65 kg, 70 kg, 79 kg, 92 kg, 97 kg, 125 kg

That’s Pan Am Championships, right? I think @Verolion was looking for Olympic Trials schedule for the BJC April 19-20.

The question was regarding the Olympic Trials, not the Pan Am Games, pretty sure.

Reactions: Verolion
@ APSPSUwrestlingfan, yes correct was looking for Olympic Trials.

But Pan AM times are useful too. Thanks

Reactions: hlstone
This is what is on the website. Dates are posted, not times.

U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling​

April 19 - April 20​

The Bryce Jordan Center on the campus of Penn State University in University Park, Pa. has been selected to host the 2024 U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling on Friday, April 19 and Saturday, April 20. Penn State University is serving as the local organizing committee.

The champions from the U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling will become eligible to represent the United States at the Olympic Games Paris 2024.

The competition will be held in the 18 Olympic weight classes in wrestling, which includes six weight classes in men’s freestyle (57 kg, 65 kg, 74 kg, 86 kg, 97 kg, 125 kg), women’s wrestling (50 kg, 53 kg, 57 kg, 62 kg, 68 kg, 76 kg) and Greco-Roman (60 kg, 67 kg, 77 kg, 87 kg, 97 kg, 130 kg).

In the two-day format, Friday, April 19, will include start of the Challenge Tournament in all 18 weight classes. Included in Friday’s action will be the Challenge Tournament finals, which will determine one athlete in each weight class who advances to the Final Championship Series on Saturday.

On Saturday, April 20, all 18 best-of-three Final Championship Series will be held, which determines the U.S. Olympic Team Trials champions in each weight class. This series will feature the top seed and the Challenge Tournament champion, as determined by the 2024 Olympic Games Team Selection Procedures. In addition, the completion of the consolation rounds of the Challenge Tournament will be held on Saturday.

Anyone know the schedule?
Just announced:

2024 U.S. Olympic Team Trials Wrestling Schedule Finalized; Ticket & Parking info​

For immediate release, March 18, 2024
2024 U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling Schedule Finalized; New Information on Single-Session Tickets and Parking

USA Wrestling has announced the final event schedule for the U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling, which will be held at the Bryce Jordan Center at Penn State in State College, Pennsylvania, April 19-20.

Session times are 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. on both Friday, April 19 and Saturday, April 20. The specific rounds to be held at each session have now been finalized.

On Friday, April 19, the Challenge Tournament will be conducted during both sessions, concluding with the semifinals, finals and consolation rounds during the 6:30 p.m. session.

In the 13 weight classes which Team USA has qualified for the Olympic Games Paris 2024 (50 kg WFS, 53 kg WFS, 57 kg WFS, 62 kg WFS, 68 kg WFS, 76 kg WFS, 74 kg MFS, 86 kg MFS, 97 kg MFS, 125 kg MFS, 87 kg GR, 97 kg GR, 130 kg GR), the champion of the Challenge Tournament will advance to the Championship Series on Saturday to face the athlete who earned automatic qualification to the finals series.

In the five weight classes which Team USA has not yet qualified for the Olympic Games (57 kg MFS, 65 kg MFS, 60 kg GR, 67 kg GR, 77 kg GR), both semifinal winners will advance to Saturday’s Championship Series.

On Saturday, in the 10 a.m. session, all 18 weight classes will compete in round one of the best-of-three Championship Series. In the five weight classes not yet qualified for the Olympics, round two of the Championship Series will also be held in the 10 a.m. session.

The 6:30 p.m. session on Saturday will begin with round three (if necessary) in the five non-qualified weight classes. Then, round two and round three (if necessary) of the 13 qualified weight classes will be held.

The 13 athletes who earn a berth on the 2024 U.S. Olympic Team will be showcased in the Saturday evening session. (The U.S. Olympic Trials winners at the five non-qualified weight classes must still compete in the World Olympic Games Qualifier in Istanbul, Turkey, May 9-12, the last chance to qualify their weight for the Paris Games). The full event schedule is posted below.

There are seats available for fans to attend the U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling in all sessions.

All-Session tickets are still available. In addition, single-session tickets are now available. Prices starting at $30 for Friday single-session tickets and $40 for Saturday single-session tickets (plus applicable taxes and fees) are now available.

Saturday night’s Session IV competition will be held on one raised mat. Special Session IV seats on the arena floor have been opened up for $100 each. (plus applicable taxes and fees).

To purchase tickets for U.S. Olympic Team Trials –Wrestling, visit:
https://am.ticketmaster.com/pennstate/ism/MjAyNFVTT1c=

For single session ticket sales, with a map with prices by day and location, follow the direct link below:
https://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/3018328

PARKING DETAILS – PREPAID PARKING ONLY

Parking for USA Wrestling will be prepaid only, with no day-of-event cash sales available. Fans may purchase from the following options beginning Wednesday, March 20 at 8 a.m. via ParkMobile:

• Two-day parking package - https://psu.parkmobile.io/packages
• One-day parking, VIP parking, and limited single session parking for sessions 2, 3, and 4 - https://psu.parkmobile.io/bryce-jordan-center

Due to the timing of the events, parking purchases will be verified using each vehicle’s license plate. Fans must enter the correct license plate at purchase and drive that vehicle to the event.

U.S. OLYMPIC TEAM TRIALS – WRESTLING SCHEDULE
Bryce Jordan Center, Penn State University, April 19-20

Friday, April 19

10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Session I - Challenge Tournament Preliminaries, Quarterfinals and Consolation Rounds, for all styles and weight classes. (Note: all Championship matches will be held prior to the consolation rounds)

6:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. – Session II – Challenge Tournament Semifinals and Finals, all styles and weight classes

Saturday, April 20

10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Session III – Round One of Best-of-Three Championship Series, all styles and weight classes, plus Round Two of Best-of-Three Championship Series in the five weight classes not yet qualified for the Olympics. Also the completion of the Challenge Tournament consolation semifinals, consolation finals, third place bouts and True third (in necessary)

6:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. – Session IV - Round Three of Best-of-Three Championship Series (if necessary) in the five weight classes not yet qualified for the Olympics. Followed by Round Two and Round Three (if necessary) in the 13 weight classes qualified for the Olympic Games. The session concludes with the presentation of the U.S. Olympic Team.

Reactions: Verolion
I bought tickets from BJC as having tickets to the original trials.
Seats are great, but were 500 each. This was not a mark up but from the BJC directly.

They were way more expensive than the first time, which also included parking.

Ticket prices have become really sensitive to location. I bought tickets for Wilco at the Beacon Theater in NYC from Ticketmaster this week. First row in the loge was $200. Four rows back was $125.

There are plenty of cheap tickets ($40, albeit in the 200s sections) for the Trials available for all sessions.

I’m surprised by the number of tickets still available for the OTTs. A match against Iowa or Ohio State at the BJC would be a sell out with people paying top dollar for the ten matches. But with the OTTs, the PSU fan gets (hopefully) multiple matches from:
Nico
Lilledahl
Nick Lee
Zain
Beau
Messenbrink
Nolf
Facundo
Haines
CStar
DT
AB
Hall
Max Dean
Mirasola
Kerk

There are 23 NCAA championships in 35 finals bouts- across that group. Add in NLWC wrestlers Gilman, Dake, and Snyder- along with local ties to Spencer Lee and Chance- and that’s a ton of wrestling from PSU fan favorites. Why are tickets still available?

Freestyle wrestling is a lot easier ruleset to follow than the constant challenges, funk scrambles, and complaining of stalling and control in folkstyle.

I think it’s going to be great and absolutely can’t wait for it! I just think it’ll be a lot better atmosphere if the BJC is filled with PSU fans.

I am in the first row in front of one of the mats (not floor, the next one up). i have session III on saturday. i know it starts at 10am, any one know how long that will be?

I’m surprised by the number of tickets still available for the OTTs. A match against Iowa or Ohio State at the BJC would be a sell out with people paying top dollar for the ten matches. But with the OTTs, the PSU fan gets (hopefully) multiple matches from:
Nico
Lilledahl
Nick Lee
Zain
Beau
Messenbrink
Nolf
Facundo
Haines
CStar
DT
AB
Hall
Max Dean
Mirasola
Kerk

There are 23 NCAA championships in 35 finals bouts- across that group. Add in NLWC wrestlers Gilman, Dake, and Snyder- along with local ties to Spencer Lee and Chance- and that’s a ton of wrestling from PSU fan favorites. Why are tickets still available?

Freestyle wrestling is a lot easier ruleset to follow than the constant challenges, funk scrambles, and complaining of stalling and control in folkstyle.

I think it’s going to be great and absolutely can’t wait for it! I just think it’ll be a lot better atmosphere if the BJC is filled with PSU fans.
8e03f1de-6c49-4e33-ab7d-00f10d4cecf9_text.gif

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT