ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Olympic Team Trials previews - April 19 & 20

I don't know, the warm-bloods are usually ok. Try getting underneath a hot-blood like a Thoroughbred or an Arabian.
Actually, I've done world class Egyptian Arabs for over 20 years. Legs from here to Texas. Never an issue. I've shod no less than 4 World Champion studs. All stood like a dream, as did their babies after I trained them. I absolutely love Arabians.

Side note, my client who moved to my area from Syracuse, NY, has sent dozens of their babies to the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and other ME countries. If they're black, and colts, they're gone the moment they get off the teet. They go for 200-500k.

No reason for it to be a mess. Gilman is a multi time world medalist he’s not some chump, now if Spencer loses before the finals then the board is absolutely melting.
Well, there's the whole "Gilman left because couldn't beat Spencer" angle they've peddled for years.

Which means either it was false, or it was true and Cael did a better job of developing Gilman than Brands did for Lee.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Well, there's the whole "Gilman left because couldn't beat Spencer" angle they've peddled for years.

Which means either it was false, or it was true and Cael did a better job of developing Gilman than Brands did for Lee.
Spencer said in his interview with Bader that he and Gilman rarely wrestled. I doubt Spencer forced Gilman out, Gilman likely saw an opportunity with a great club and took it.

Reactions: creamery freak
Pet names? Who cares. Pet Sounds? Oh yeah. One of the greatest albums ever produced!

Reactions: Hey_Blue
@Creek Side so, my brother just came back from Shunk. Tried to do some fishing, did a bit on Elk creek, went down to Penns, but waters were way too high. How's your Spring fishing going?

I was supposed to go, but had a pup emergency and just recovering from knee surgery. Hoping to get back home in a month or two.

Alright, tell me if I'm alone, as I may be. As much as I'm looking forward to Friday and Saturday, I hate it. I hate seeing so many from Penn State not being able to go forward to Olympic weight classes. It just sucks.
Agreed, but it's also a byproduct of our years of success.

If wrestling went to the 10 Worlds weights, then Jason, Cenzo, and Carter would all be at 79 kg. So same problem.

Agreed, but it's also a byproduct of our years of success.

If wrestling went to the 10 Worlds weights, then Jason, Cenzo, and Carter would all be at 79 kg. So same problem.
It absolutely is, and it absolutely sucks. World Domimation does have its drawbacks I suppose.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
@Creek Side so, my brother just came back from Shunk. Tried to do some fishing, did a bit on Elk creek, went down to Penns, but waters were way too high. How's your Spring fishing going?

I was supposed to go, but had a pup emergency and just recovering from knee surgery. Hoping to get back home in a month or two.
Your brother is absolutely correct about the high waters. We've been battered by severe storms repeatedly since just before the first day of trout. I do line work for a communications company so the storms have kept me at work more than usual. When I've had time away from work the water is a mess or life has me busy doing other things. Haven't went yet this year.
My son and I will be at the Olympic Trials this weekend so weather permitting the following weekend will be our first day out.

My
Humm …. If you wrestled in HS and College …. you’ve had a lifetime of hard knocks. We board horses and being a farrier is tough duty. Not all our horses are automatics. The warm bloods can be pretty temperamental.
Wife is having one of our horses teeth floated. For ****s sake. What is that about

This is much more for the casual Folkstyle fan who hasn't seen much Freestyle, but I just published a "Freestyle Rules for Folkstyle Fans" plus mini-preview of the tourney on BSD, including a few video clips of Nittany Lions helping me out. I had a VERY BAD DAY recording my 2nd day of doing this, and lost some really stellar footage. It still stings, so the video clips are lighter than I wanted...

Last edited:
I'm sure a lot of wrestling fans would agree. Maybe the only thing funnier would be teenager Luke Lilledahl pinning Spencer. Now, you have to admit, not only would that be funny, it would draw millions of new fans to the sport!
Luke wins last chance then moves on and qualifies the weight in turkey then goes to the Olympics and wins a gold medal for USA at 57 kg. Just think incoming freshman who hasn't wrestled yet as a college student is an Olympic gold medallist. I know it's a long stretch but technically could happen. Talk about Iowa taking a deep dip in the cesspool this would really push them over the edge. Let's gooooooo

Reactions: NittanyChris
Nah, too much weight loss to get below 100. Was never going to do it. Baseball and tennis. Tennis scholly in college. Back to horses. After college, economics, and after years in corporate America, back to school for a Master's in history. Moved from AZ to NC to go get my PhD at UNC, but then kids came. Farrier for 26 years. Wrestling is a cake walk compared to what horses have done to my body. That said, I wouldn't change a thing. I trained horses for over 30 years, shod for 26. They are my life. I've had my dream job for a long time. My horses have competed all over the world. From Devon, to Rolex, to Burghley, to Badminton, and Poe in France. Throw in 3 Olympics as well. I have actually lived the dream and still do. I am blessed.

I'll simply add, horses are a gift from God. They sure have been for me. Wouldn't change a thing.
Weird to hear someone on here talk about horses. We have two ranger bred horses. My wife loves horses. I love them too but have been thrown too many times to pursue it any longer. I only do occasional rides which is the most relaxing thing to do on the planet. Had rotator cuff surgery three years ago from getting thrown from a stallion. Moody bastards they are lol. I've been going to junior rodeo in Benton pay for two years now my daughter is a barrel racer and pole rider, and no fellows that is not what it sounds like you sick bastards

Your brother is absolutely correct about the high waters. We've been battered by severe storms repeatedly since just before the first day of trout. I do line work for a communications company so the storms have kept me at work more than usual. When I've had time away from work the water is a mess or life has me busy doing other things. Haven't went yet this year.
My son and I will be at the Olympic Trials this weekend so weather permitting the following weekend will be our first day out.
Few hard timers have been down in fishing creek but you are right way to high. Was up to kettle Creek last weekend and it's roaring lol maybe another week or so. Beautiful place to fish PA

Weird to hear someone on here talk about horses. We have two ranger bred horses. My wife loves horses. I love them too but have been thrown too many times to pursue it any longer. I only do occasional rides which is the most relaxing thing to do on the planet. Had rotator cuff surgery three years ago from getting thrown from a stallion. Moody bastards they are lol. I've been going to junior rodeo in Benton pay for two years now my daughter is a barrel racer and pole rider, and no fellows that is not what it sounds like you sick bastards
A stallion will show one power no one can imagine. Ungodly athleticism, Ungodly hormones that are immeasurable, and God help you if he comes after you. Been there done that. The power exhibited is beyond definition when they snap.

My God, you're trying to raise a buckle bunny? Lol. Just kidding.

Good time to hit the little wild brookie tribs that get so low by late spring …

Reactions: Hotshoe
I had no idea he had wrestled anymore for like the last 5 years. How did he even qualify for OTTs?
Pat was on the world team in 2019, which was the previous cycle, but I guess USAW expanded that criteria. Anyone taking bets that he’ll make weight?

• Haha
Reactions: diggerpup

Friday, April 19​

Session 1: 10:00 AM - 3:30 PM

Challenge Tournament: Preliminaries, Quarterfinals and Consolation Rounds*

(ALL STYLES AND WEIGHTS)

*All championship matches will wrestle prior to consolation rounds

Session 2: 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM

Challange Tournament: Semifinals and Finals

(ALL STYLES AND WEIGHTS)

Saturday, April 20​

Session 3: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM

Final 2 out of 3 Championship Series Round 1**

**Weights not currently qualified for the Olympics will wrestle in round 2

Challenge Tournament: Consolations, Consolation Semi-finals, 3rd place and True 3rd (if needed)

(ALL STYLES AND WEIGHTS)

Session 4: 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM

Final 2 out of 3 Championship Series Round 2**

**Weights not currently qualified for the Olympics will wrestle in round 3 at beginning of session (if needed)

Final 2 out of 3 Championship Series Round 3 (If Needed)

https://usawrestlingevents.com/event/2400002002/schedule
Do we know is ironhead is doing the play by play for any of the trials??

Do we know is ironhead is doing the play by play for any of the trials??
He is doing it for 98.7 radio in State College BUT:

- only local radio. no streaming. NBC/Peacock have exclusive streaming rights.

- All day Friday but not until last hour or 2 on Saturday. They are committed to a baseball event on Saturday. Hopes to get on the air for last chunk of Finals Saturday night.

He is doing it for 98.7 radio in State College BUT:

- only local radio. no streaming. NBC/Peacock have exclusive streaming rights.

- All day Friday but not until last hour or 2 on Saturday. They are committed to a baseball event on Saturday. Hopes to get on the air for last chunk of Finals Saturday night.
Peacock is streaming. It costs $5.99 + tax so figure < $7.00 to watch all the mats. Cancel for your month is up, which is easy.

Here's a link to sign-up:

Here's a link to cancel:

and a video showing you how to cancel.

My God, you're trying to raise a buckle bunny? Lol. Just kidding.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. It's nice to camp out at the rodeo for one weekend in Benton. Beautiful country. Maybe I'll run into Zain one day lol. COVID really helped junior rodeo that have forty or fifty kids in every event. They run two rodeos one Saturday and one Sunday. Lots of beautiful horses as well. Shits expensive

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT