ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics News

Chitown Lion has a thread on the McAndrew board that PSU leads all BIG Schools with 10 Olympians. Can someone tell me how many wrestlers that train at the NLWC are in the Olympics? I know DT, Kyle S, T Gilman, and F Gomez. Women Helen M and ?

Chitown Lion has a thread on the McAndrew board that PSU leads all BIG Schools with 10 Olympians. Can someone tell me how many wrestlers that train at the NLWC are in the Olympics? I know DT, Kyle S, T Gilman, and F Gomez. Women Helen M and ?
Link to an article that has everyone with PSU or NLWC ties.

If the Olympic Committee ever tries to get rid of wrestling, they need to take a good hard look at the 10 Meter Air Pistol before they do so. That's a flipping joke of a "sport".
I believe Gable once said, "Once you've played 3-on-3 basketball, everything else in life is hard."

• Haha
Reactions: Ski and PASLP2
Proof-reader wanted.

"Chase Kalisz brings home first US gold medal of Tokyo Olympics​

The U.S. swim team picked up its first six medals of the Olympics, all of them in the pool."

Last edited:
Anybody else bothered by all the horns blaring during the Olympic events? I was watching some swimming events last night and this am and the horns are very annoying to me. I know from watching freestyle wrestling tournaments in the European, Mideastern and Asian countries, there are horns blaring in the crowds. I remember when Taiwan was dominating the LLWS in S Williamsport with their professional teams, again a lot of horn blowing and chanting. I guess it's common but I hate it.

Anybody else bothered by all the horns blaring during the Olympic events? I was watching some swimming events last night and this am and the horns are very annoying to me. I know from watching freestyle wrestling tournaments in the European, Mideastern and Asian countries, there are horns blaring in the crowds. I remember when Taiwan was dominating the LLWS in S Williamsport with their professional teams, again a lot of horn blowing and chanting. I guess it's common but I hate it.
Ditto, Im more partial to a “twooooo“ or “stallllllllling” chant I guess

If the Olympic Committee ever tries to get rid of wrestling, they need to take a good hard look at the 10 Meter Air Pistol before they do so. That's a flipping joke of a "sport".
Skateboarding has not impressed me. I watched for 10 minutes. Every skater fell. If I want to see falls, I'll watch Penn State wrestle tOSU.

The Wall Street Journal has an article today about Mary Tucker, a shooting competitor. Mary is 20 years old, attends University of Kentucky and is ranked #2 in the world.

Her uniqueness is she downs a lot sweets before competition when most competitors would not go near sugar due to the jitters. Her goto foods are gummy bears and Rice Krispies treats which she packed for the trip.

Only in America or Tokyo for that matter.

I caught women’s water polo vs Japan and that goalie for the US is one heck of an athlete. Strong, smart, fast, powerful.

damn I love the Olympics.
There was a US women’s surfer that had on a world-class micro bikini. I would think it enhanced her score quite a bit. It did for me

Reactions: baccafarmer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT