ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon State Dual

True….but Bizarre. Seems to me all the grad transfers are useless. They don’t really get better or change..at any school. At this point you’ve made the change to go up another level and maybe get the NC. But Bernie is still just Bernie, no new tricks. It’s ok…it his plan and goals. I just would think the idea is to look for new attacks the from the new coaching.

I’m not disappointed. It’s one match and I’m just watching, not coaching anymore.
There is a lot of season left for Bernie and everyone else to improve. He's got the best training partners and coaches in the world. Not the finished product yet.

Ah Yes there it is, the ole "kid isn't all that" comment after a PSU guy puts the beating on him 😂
That part is true, though. It doesn’t take anything away from Kasak’s win on the road against a NQ caliber opponent as a true frosh in one of his first matches at the weight. But Singleton’s ranking was a head scratcher. He’s more of a 0-2 BBQ type guy.

I know it will be on a Monday night, but after seeing this team tonight, it's a shame that the Rutgers BJC dual hasn't sold out.

This team is bona-fide!

So we’re really doing this again with Truax, huh?

The kid is what he is. He’s gonna go something like 18-2/3 on the year into the NCAA tournament and very likely finish between 2nd and 5th. We knew this going in.

He’s exactly on track.

Munoz is good and there’s a reason they’ve split previously.

So we’re really doing this again with Truax, huh?

The kid is what he is. He’s gonna go something like 18-2/3 on the year into the NCAA tournament and very likely finish between 2nd and 5th. We knew this going in.

He’s exactly on track.

Munoz is good and there’s a reason they’ve split previously.
It is truly tiring

Some people deserve Troy Sunderland as a coach of this team for a week

Not sure where to put this. Shapiro teched paddy tonight. Foca pinned Hoffman. Chittum beat Teemer 9-5 while Bastida beat Schultz 4-3. Spratley beat Camacho 7-2, Fix over Orine 11-3, and Travis beats Ed Scott 7-6.
Why couldn’t we have been blessed enough to see Mitchell vs Meyer.

Some other matches of interest:

OKST 22, NC State 12
125 - 20 Spratley (OKST) dec 17 Camacho 7-3
133 - 3 Fix MD 5 Orine 11-3
157 - 23 Travis (OKST) dec 5 Scott 7-6
HWT - 11 Doucet (OKST) dec 16 Trephan 2-1

Iowa State 28, Arizona State 10
157 - 20 Chittum dec 4 Teemer 9-5
HWT - 3 Bastida dec 5 Schultz 4-3

I like Caliendo.
Caliendo is really good. He should be an AA in by far the toughest/deepest class in the sport this year. That’s nothing to sneeze at. Mesenbrink is looking like another potential 4-timer caliber guy, although with KOT and Carr standing in the way, that would be a monumental feat. At this point, I think Mesenbrink should be favored over Caliendo, and I expect he’ll be ranked #3 by the time the Iowa-PSU dual rolls around.

Meet was a total blowout........but credit to OSU. I think they battled, especially at key weights. Levi is great, but I don't think he has looked like himself the last two matches. Is he cutting a lot of weight or feeling the pressure of a high ranking? He'll be fine, just curious as he hasn't looked quite as dominant.

We have some real brutes. MM is amazing! Carter is so dominant. And Davis against Kaylor...wow! So much to look forward to.

BTW, Bernie lost to a tough kid. Would love to see him more be more aggressive, but he'll be fine. Seems to shine at nationals.

So who impressed you the most. I think it’s between Davis, Mesenbrink, and Starocci but Mesenbrink is the one for me. He teched the number 12 guy in the country in like 3:30. That was a beatdown. He looked damn good on top as well which is a nice bonus with how good he is on his feet
I'm more impressed by Davis because I know where Mesenbrink's confidence comes from. Davis didn't just win a world title, he just walked into the room and grabbed the job, looking more like a kid asking for an autograph than a starter. He'll run into some turbulence sooner or later I imagine, but 125 is as open as it's been in a while.

Did I hear correctly that Byers said that PSU was sending guys to the Edinboro Open on Sunday?

I'm more impressed by Davis because I know where Mesenbrink's confidence comes from. Davis didn't just win a world title, he just walked into the room and grabbed the job, looking more like a kid asking for an autograph than a starter. He'll run into some turbulence sooner or later I imagine, but 125 is as open as it's been in a while.
Turns out 125 was wide open last season as well.

Crosby is quite an athlete for the record, 2nd reattack was explosive.

For the record, they showed Cael after 2 periods, just sat there relaxed .... no shouting or panicking.
That’s Carl’s demeanor pretty much every match. RBY, on his podcast, said it’s the assistants who are the noise coming from the corner. Cael wants his guys to face adversity as he preps them for March. He wants them in difficult situations. It’s part of his plan.

Every time PSU comes out West, the crowds are record size crowds. Cael should start negotiating that we get a cut of the gate receipts to add to our double top secret slush fund.
Please keep that information on this board, Willie is in current negotiations for us. We should hear very soon.

Not sure where to put this. Shapiro teched paddy tonight. Foca pinned Hoffman. Chittum beat Teemer 9-5 while Bastida beat Schultz 4-3. Spratley beat Camacho 7-2, Fix over Orine 11-3, and Travis beats Ed Scott 7-6.
It’s why we watch! Upsets. Action! Head scratchers. Gotta love this sport. Woke up this AM glad that the season is back in full swing again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT