ADVERTISEMENT

Orgeron is out at LSU

No doubt job security is a bigger benefit at a school like PSU - but if his ultimate goal is winning a national championship, who’s closer? LSU has won 3 in the last 20 years, with different coaches. LSU is one of those few schools with unlimited resources. I mean, Coach O won a natty there - anyone can do it.

Definitely pros and cons - I don’t know if he’d take it or not. But he’s going to listen to this pitch closer than he has with the jobs that have popped up in the past.

Instead of getting through osu he has to get through bama. We aren’t that far off. It’s not like we’re indinia.

Don't forget Florida State
Texas is a good call for Meyer. He lays low and behaves himself, lets his blunder blow over (may be a challenge for him) and continues to lose at Jville but is given 2 years. Then after they can Sarkisian with two straight 8-4, 7-5 seasons there he is. Hello Austin 2023.

Wonder if the highly rated DB from Pittsburgh who signed with LSU last year is interested in returning to PA?

Maybe not as much success as Saban. But Louisiana is a recruiting hotbed. You get the right coach in there and it's a great job.
Methinks that would put Franklin at a disadvantage. Don’t think he or PSU recruits that area very well. Little relationships with high schools there. They are better off getting a guy that knows the recruiting trails there.

Maybe not as much success as Saban. But Louisiana is a recruiting hotbed. You get the right coach in there and it's a great job.
I read a while back - can't remember the source - that LSU and OSU control their recruiting hot bed home states better than any other schools in the country. They don't get every kid out of their state that they offer, but 80 to 90 % of them

Methinks that would put Franklin at a disadvantage. Don’t think he or PSU recruits that area very well. Little relationships with high schools there. They are better off getting a guy that knows the recruiting trails there.
For whatever reason I have this nagging feeling that this is the year Franklin leaves. Hope I am wrong.

They're in the middle of their second Federal investigation by the FBI. Not exactly a situation I'd be running to.
It won’t matter. The FBI isn’t going to kneecap the state university of Louisiana. There will be fallout in some administrative posts and with fines but it’s the SEC. The football team will move on as always.

It won’t matter. The FBI isn’t going to kneecap the state university of Louisiana. There will be fallout in some administrative posts and with fines but it’s the SEC. The football team will move on as always.
I hope you're wrong.

Reactions: psu00
I think LSU is the job where Franklin gives the pitch a serious listen. They’ll throw more money and resources than PSU could ever match.

Now the kicker at a job in the SEC West - you’re basically given three years to win the conference or you get canned. Can you beat Bama, Auburn, A&M + crossovers with Georgia, Florida, Kentucky? Plus OK/TX getting added to the mix in a few years. Good luck.
Even if you win the conference (and the NC) you will be fired two years later for not doing it again.

And it's Louisiana.... a state that is perhaps more corrupt than Pennsylvania. :oops:

If he leaves, it's for a better job.. LSU and USC aren't better jobs.. LMAO
LSU won 3 national titles in the last 20 years or so. Tremendous in state talent and the big name school in the state. SEC country and the state of Texas next door. You are absolutely delusional if you don’t think it’s a better job.

Last edited:
Reactions: heckmans
You guys better get use to this. Fisher, Cristobal, and Franklin were the 3 mentioned first on 247. His name will pop up whenever there's a big opening. That's why I'm amazed at some of the people (a few) that are constantly ridiculing him on this board. Other schools think highly of him and he is a solid coach

If he leaves, it's for a better job.. LSU and USC aren't better jobs.. LMAO
Once could strongly argue that USC is a better job. Better/more generous university administration, less competition to getting to the playoffs, better regional talent pool.

Reactions: Midnighter2
I'm going to ask this and duck. If "insert job here" isn't better than PSU, why is his name mentioned all of the time?
Perception of sports writers. And when has a coach of a top 10 type P5 program ever left to go to another P5 program….and Jimbo Fisher is different because FSU was on a downward trend and he got out before they fired him.

Perception of sports writers. And when has a coach of a top 10 type P5 program ever left to go to another P5 program….and Jimbo Fisher is different because FSU was on a downward trend and he got out before they fired him.

I think it is you that keeps saying this. How do "you get out of" anything by having the Earth and moon thrown at you buy a way better school with way better resources and pay targeting you?

5 catches for 95 yds and 2 tds. Career day.

Truthfully if I was LSU I would go after Mike Gundy. 15 winning seasons soon to be 16 in a row. 10-5 in bowl games. Not saying he would go but I believe the state of Louisiana has better talent and he loves wouldn’t have someone like Oklahoma to deal with in state.
If I recall, University of Tennessee spoke with Gundy early on in their search and he was viewed as a little bit too colorful. I don’t know if there was serious interest on Gundy’s part. He would fit in well at LSU. His relationship with that big donor Pickens at OSU is also strained would be a good second tier candidate, after the top five names being tossed around..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT