ADVERTISEMENT

Orgeron is out at LSU

I think it is you that keeps saying this. How do "you get out of" anything by having the Earth and moon thrown at you buy a way better school with way better resources and pay targeting you?
What I’m saying is if A&M didn’t want him, he would have been out at FSU within a year. It’s just not a legit example.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
I didn’t know Orgeron got 9M. If that is their pitch we may have to worry about CJF leaving.
Money talks.

I found it to be a little odd that Ed Orgeron and his wife filed for divorce after a few months after winning a NC.

Rumor has it that since the separation his behavior has been highly inappropriate. He supposedly hit on a very high ranking LSU officer’s wife. This guy pushed hard for his firing and a compromise was reached.

Law of diminishing returns. Given where Franklins salary is now LSU isn’t going to offer him anything that is going to dramatically improve his quality of life unless he’s really tired of the mediocre food in state college.

Another school offers Franklin $2mm more and he's going to say, "It's really not going to improve my quality of life, so, nah, I'll pass." LMAO.

Saban has, what, maybe 5 years left at "Bama. He'll be in his mid-70s, probably tired of all the NCAA bullcrap, numerous championships under his belt, and bank account overflowing. He'll probably also make a fortune as a commentator, and he'll probably write a book or two.

Someone who takes the LSU job for the next 5 years could be set up nicely to replace Saban.

Saban has, what, maybe 5 years left at "Bama. He'll be in his mid-70s, probably tired of all the NCAA bullcrap, numerous championships under his belt, and bank account overflowing. He'll probably also make a fortune as a commentator, and he'll probably write a book or two.

Someone who takes the LSU job for the next 5 years could be set up nicely to replace Saban.

If he loses to Saban for five years, he won't be at LSU. If he beats Saban for five, he be locked in at LSU.

Either way, USC or LSU, PSU needs to start jockeying for better position here.

Franklin is the number one coach mentioned with all these jobs - at some point PSU will need to recognize he’s the hottest name in the market and both sides commit to the long term.

Don't think I'd want to be the coach to replace Saban. The expectations would be unreal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Midnighter2
this is why coaches want the USC job more than the others. It is very difficult to go to an SEC or B1G job and win the division. Go to USC, and it's a game of avoiding upsets. Totally different.
Unless it's the crappy B1G West division

Unless the millions Franklin is making now is enough and his family is happy where they’re at.
I could see him wanting out of the B1G though. Who would want to coach in a conference led by idiots and put up with ref screw jobs all the time?

Reactions: Carl Spackler
I could see him wanting out of the B1G though. Who would want to coach in a conference led by idiots and put up with ref screw jobs all the time?
You remember we had a game refed by the SEC this year right? The one where we lost a down following a penalty that was called completely wrong?

Reactions: A2Nit
You remember we had a game refed by the SEC this year right? The one where we lost a down following a penalty that was called completely wrong?
You're right but he stated his disappointment with how things were handled last season by the B1G. When we get O'Neil for all our big games you think he doesn't notice that? I'd like to see our record with O'Neil as ref for the past 10 years.

I didn’t know Orgeron got 9M. If that is their pitch we may have to worry about CJF leaving.
Money talks.

quote-simply-put-success-in-lsu-football-is-essential-for-the-success-of-louisiana-state-university-mark-emmert-64-8-0810.jpg

Another school offers Franklin $2mm more and he's going to say, "It's really not going to improve my quality of life, so, nah, I'll pass." LMAO.

I didn’t say that. I said at some point schools lose the ability to offer life changing money (he already has it) and then it becomes about more than just the dollar figure going into a decision.

Why does anyone think that James Franklin is the best coach in CFB? If you are LSU, USC or anyone else for that matter, aren't there better coaches? Is JF the top coach? Just not sure why his name always comes up.
After last Saturday’s showing…….

That’s when Sandy steps up and gives him a $3 MM raise.

I read a while back - can't remember the source - that LSU and OSU control their recruiting hot bed home states better than any other schools in the country. They don't get every kid out of their state that they offer, but 80 to 90 % of them

So those two university's dominate their state? Sounds familiar.

This complaint goes on all the time throughout all the conferences - it's not just a PSU thing

Have no i
Understood. Why doesn't O'Neil ref when we play Rutgers? I just Googled him name and this came up. Coincidence?

Have no idea who this Change.org is but if you travel the different boards you'll see massive complaints by all fan bases especially if they perceive they're getting the short end of the deal. Take a trip through an SEC fan base's website after they play Alabama - especially if it's a close game. You would think every ref during the game was bought off. Just goes with the territory

Have no i

Have no idea who this Change.org is but if you travel the different boards you'll see massive complaints by all fan bases especially if they perceive they're getting the short end of the deal. Take a trip through an SEC fan base's website after they play Alabama - especially if it's a close game. You would think every ref during the game was bought off. Just goes with the territory
That’s true.

Either way, USC or LSU, PSU needs to start jockeying for better position here.

Franklin is the number one coach mentioned with all these jobs - at some point PSU will need to recognize he’s the hottest name in the market and both sides commit to the long term.
The fact that SC and LSU are ready to throw 2-3 million more at James is telling. CJF is a excellent coach in a game where only 2-4 coaches are never going to be on the hot seat.
I do believe this. If James moves to the human culture pit know as Louisiana or the most absurdly expensive place in the US it tells me one thing. Be happy as a PSU fan for 10 wins and an occasional NY day bowl game. A NC championship or a spot in the 4 team playoff is not happening. PSU needs to step up and pay James what is required for a top 5-10 coach. Yes....Over pay him if need be... Allow him to keep his assistants, Why is Ryan Days name not mentioned for these jobs? Why?? Because PSU NATIONALLY IS CONSIDERED A SECOND TEAR JOB. Sucks to hear that doesn't it? If PSU is really the next Clemson pay him accordingly.
Money talks folks.....

Reactions: WPB_lion
Have no i

Even Davey "tOSU" Jones sees it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT