ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best (cost/performance) vacuum cleaner?

Wilma not included!

Check out reviews on Rtings. I know that most are familiar with their detailed reviews of televisions. However vacuums are another item that they review and rate.

Reactions: NedFromYork
The Vacums of today don’t perform or hold like the ones of the past. The Electrolux use to be great vacuum years ago cleaned well and lasted for years. My dad retired from Electrolux in the late 80”s as a Division Manager said the company starting to go down hill fast. He made a great living at it and loved working with his sales people

It's a complicated question. There is no one vac that does it all except for maybe a super-heavy super-expensive traditional canister like a Miele.

For an everyday hard floor vac (and light carpet vac) we love the Levoit on Amazon that's about $200. It's a Dyson-like machine that overcomes a lot of the longtime design issues with Dysons (such as, it can stand up by itself -- what a concept).

But we also keep our Dyson around for a more aggressive carpet vac when we need it. We also have a Eureka boss -- powerful and dependable small canister vac. And a monster shop vac in the basement.

Dysons are great but they're really expensive and their air filtering system is overly complicated and tends to lose efficiency. If you own a Dyson, watch all the available Youtubes on how to clean it with pressurized air so you can keep it running.

Given the competition from newer manufacturers like Levoit, I think it's going to be harder for Dyson to justify selling floor vacs for close to $1000.

Reactions: NedFromYork
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT