ADVERTISEMENT

OT: FYI, JZ says Newsweek article is still a go. (edit: Story now spiked)

Tc and Jerry met and discussed the time this event happened... jerry got back to tim and confirmed the date.
you seem to stepping around this, and carefully not saying it was Feb 2001. I believe JS said he had to check his calendar, now he thinks it is Dec 2000.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Only with a ton of victims claiming abuse was it actionable. Once it became actionable, MM embellished his GJ testimony, at the urging of prosecutors, but that left PSU admin high and dry. MM had no idea the damage he was doing to erstwhile friends and co-workers.

that, and /or the PA State police know you've been betting on college football games, and then come to you saying that info will go public, your career is over... unless you play ball a bit

and yes, the PA State Police knew MM was doing that

Reactions: PSUPride1
you seem to stepping around this, and carefully not saying it was Feb 2001. I believe JS said he had to check his calendar, now he thinks it is Dec 2000.

So you don’t care that Jerry changed his story... just if mike says a wrong syllable. I at least use trial and gj testimony under oath.... an no the meeting took place in feb.... read the god dam testimony... three trials... the date has not been refuted or impeached.

That’s not good enough for you... why cause some d you would not be happy unless mike could be hung and executed.

Truly some of the meanest human activity I have seen in my lifetime has taken place on these boards and has been directed at mike and my family.

So you don’t care that Jerry changed his story... just if mike says a wrong syllable. I at least use trial and gj testimony under oath.... an no the meeting took place in feb.... read the god dam testimony... three trials... the date has not been refuted or impeached.

That’s not good enough for you... why cause some d you would not be happy unless mike could be hung and executed.

Truly some of the meanest human activity I have seen in my lifetime has taken place on these boards and has been directed at mike and my family.

hey man settle down.

go watch Rudy and snap a selfie, k?

Reactions: Mixolydian
Tenor yourvright at the top of the list... your a mean spirited person. You live taking personal shots at people with no regard other than your self interest.

Your not a person with a fault or two your just a mean spirited nasty person.

dukie- understand why you and towny are defending Mike and family. Some criticism may go too far. But for the most part, I think people are trying to make sense of details of this, which quite frankly don't make sense.

Personally, I appreciate your comments and your willingness to step up for your family. My personal belief is that Mike got caught in a "pelican brief" moment (plug in the appropriate Gresham novel) moment. He did something, but had no idea larger powers were in play. As a result, got caught up in the middle of it all. I total crap fest.

Reactions: Zenophile
Tenor yourvright at the top of the list... your a mean spirited person. You live taking personal shots at people with no regard other than your self interest.

Your not a person with a fault or two your just a mean spirited nasty person.

well that hurts. the poor grammar, not your sentiments.

what hurts more is that if you scroll back through the posts on the We Intend Facebook page, there was NO BIGGER DEFENDER of Mike than me when this scandal broke.

Maybe instead of throwing yourself a little pity party, you should reflect on why that changed.

i will leave the boards... I have always tried to be balanced honest and gentle in my approach... sone others here have done the same.

To the friends I have made here thank you, to those with a gentler approach to discussion thank you.

i will leave the boards... I have always tried to be balanced honest and gentle in my approach... sone others here have done the same.

To the friends I have made here thank you, to those with a gentler approach to discussion thank you.
I don't blame you...but it is just social media. Best of luck to you and the family.

I have evolved on your brother over time. I defended him early on under the premise that you never know what you’d do in such a situation. But the part that gets me is him never approaching police until they came to him. And the reactions of everybody else- including your father- point in the direction of him embellishing his story later.
I didn’t evolve quickly but as time has passed I just can’t rectify those two points.

I wasnt trying to offend anyone including you. I thought I asked a simple question, when did the meeting take place , Dec 2000 or Feb 2001. I thought the answer would be one or the other, not a bunch of run arounds.
But again I just asked as you were responding to others , I meant no disrespect . So if you take it that way, I apologize..

I have evolved on your brother over time. I defended him early on under the premise that you never know what you’d do in such a situation. But the part that gets me is him never approaching police until they came to him. And the reactions of everybody else- including your father- point in the direction of him embellishing his story later.
I didn’t evolve quickly but as time has passed I just can’t rectify those two points.

I pretty much feel the same way as you!

I agree that makes sense. However, the most powerful thing he could have said is, "I was only in the room for a few seconds.....and I wasn't sure what was really happening." Of course, that would not have been met with a favorable response by the OAG. When you look at the empirical evidence, that is the only explanation. Dr. D heard nothing that he felt needed intervention by law enforcement. No matter when the conversation took place. After Curley explained to Mike how the issue was dealt with, we have no record of complaints from MM, JM, Dr.D........again empirical evidence that no one was really sure what was going on.
What seems to be lost throughout all versions of MM' "testimonies".....What was the result of what he said IN 2001....NOT 2011 after he talked to the OAG!

Everyone MM spoke to in 2001 did not hear anything in his testimony that said that the proper next action to take would be to report this (to the Police or any other state agency). Multiple INDEPENDENT PERSONS spoke to MM in 2001.....no one saw the need for taking any action like what the OAG publicly broadcast was necessary because of a "rape in the showers of Penn State".
This 2001 action-based confirmation of the actual context of MM's shower report is an indisputable fact!

Words can be manipulated in order to deceive....this is especially true after 10 YEARS time passes. And there have been lots of deceptions exposed over the pat 7 years in the OAG "Story".

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. If you want the truth....you only need to review the actions taken in 2001. Taking the 2001 actions analysis of what REALLY happened removes the "influences" created by the Corbett Vendetta that magically appear to re-write and re-direct 2001 via 2011+ testimonies.

This actions thing.....Its something you need to remember when you try to justify that what the "Honorable Judge Freeh" said or what the PA crafted as their "Story of Penn State Criminality" is true.

PERSONALLY....I find it amazing that ANYONE believes one thing about all of this armed with the KNOWN manipulations, hidden agendas and criminal misconducts of Freeh and the OAG - not to mention the OGBOT!

I had a very very long reply ready, but said just wait. I will say this to answer some questions above...mike was told in the office by an office worker the first week joe was not in town on that Friday in 2002...that’s the date people where going off at that time...he was responding to people bashing him for not going over right away.
In other words...he was just getting off his chest out of frustration, “it wouldn’t have even mattered if I went to joes house, he wasn’t there.”

The date is correct as reported in official documents...feb 9 2001...both when he saw Jerry, when he called his dad, when he went to house etc...yes his father and dranov were there that same night, all in feb 2001. You know the Sunday law firm bill...”research.re.suspected child abuse”. Same weekend.

To be totally clear, no it was not the epic, bombshell, infamous 12/29/00...
Dec 29 is a joke period.

Like i said, i had a lot more written but will wait to put things out there in a more official way and a more broad reaching platform.

Mike has said under oath multiple times, “I point the finger at myself before anyone else.” He has said that in front of courtrooms full of media etc...without qualifications and without if, ands and buts.

I am left with the thought though...is it ok for some family members to be believed and stick up for family and not others??

Good luck to all of you as penn staters. I mean that. Even the ones that have been dishonest, disrespectful, and unbelievably unfair in the things you have said...I don’t judge you or really resent you. All of this is a tough pill to swallow for everyone. I will leave you with this...Joe P was awesome, totally awesome...but as we all are human...a very good human. Everyday in State College people say extraordinarily nice things to me...my days are ending here soon, but its a great place. Take care.

Last post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob78 and Zenophile
I pretty much feel the same way as you!
I had a very very long reply ready, but said just wait. I will say this to answer some questions above...mike was told in the office by an office worker the first week joe was not in town on that Friday in 2002...that’s the date people where going off at that time...he was responding to people bashing him for not going over right away.

The date is correct as reported in official documents...feb 9 2001...both when he saw Jerry, when he called his dad, when he went to house etc...yes his father and dranov were there that same night, all in feb 2001. You know the Sunday law firm bill...”research.re.suspected child abuse”. Same weekend.

To be totally clear, no it was not the epic, bombshell, infamous 12/29/00...
Dec 29 is a joke period.

Like i said, i had a lot more written but will wait to put things out there in a more official way and a more broad reaching platform.

I am left with the thought though...is it ok for some family members to be believed and stick up for family and not others??

Good luck to all of you as penn staters. I mean that. Even the ones that have been dishonest, disrespectful, and unbelievably unfair in the things you have said...I don’t judge you or really resent you. All of this is a tough pill to swallow for everyone. I will leave you with this...Joe P was awesome, totally awesome...but as we all are human...a very good human. Everyday in State College people say extraordinarily nice things to me...my days are ending here soon, but its a great place. Take care.

Last post.

Is this Ray Gricar?

I wasnt trying to offend anyone including you. I thought I asked a simple question, when did the meeting take place , Dec 2000 or Feb 2001. I thought the answer would be one or the other, not a bunch of run arounds.
But again I just asked as you were responding to others , I meant no disrespect . So if you take it that way, I apologize..

I wasn't trying to offend anyone either. I was simply asking for an explanation as to what was meant by "he was out of town the night before". Dukie offered it up as it wasn't a big deal when in fact seems like a pretty questionable comment. I think everybody has clearly accepted his response that mike called From lash and met with his dad and dr D that night. The question ppl are asking is when was that and did he meet with joe the next day. He has consistently sidestepped that question. I truely believe dukie had the best intentions with answering question but came to the realization of why these questions were being asked. Mikes response in that email makes no sense with regards to the way the story has been told. Even if mikes claim is he thought joe was out of town that night, that doesn't make sense. There has been testimony from all three people that where there that they decided the best thing to do was tell joe the next day. Not the next day because he was out of town, and not the next day because it was late. Plus didn't he meet him early in the morning? So joe got back sometime after midnight? Come on!!!

Maybe the venom towards your family comes from the fact that they thought the best thing to do was dump this on the football coach. Why??? The first responders and earwitness should have called the police. It’s incomprehensible that an assault
Of a child was witnessed and it wasn’t stopped or reported to police that night.

Sorry to hear this. You do seem like a good guy. And take Obliviax's advice. Social media doesn't mean a thing.

Maybe the venom towards your family comes from the fact that they thought the best thing to do was dump this on the football coach. Why??? The first responders and earwitness should have called the police. It’s incomprehensible that an assault
Of a child was witnessed and it wasn’t stopped or reported to police that night.
Exactly. They can talk in circles all day long and try and explain away Mike's actions, what he said or didn't say in those meetings, or when the meetings took place. It's all deflection.
And if you saw something so terrible how dare you minimize it to the guy you decide to report it to. How was that fair to Joe. In other words the family and doc decide to dump this in Joe's lap, but Mike gives Joe a bs or watered down version because Joe's an old guy. And then Mike tries to deflect blame for this bs by claiming Joe knew exactly what he was talking about. What a complete joke.
How about I witness a murder but I tell my mom I saw someone get shot with a paintball gun because, well, she's old.
Disgraceful.

So he just lies to JE in an effort to make himself look better?

That is what makes sense to me. He is rightly concerned that he was being slammed in the social media for not doing more to stop whatever he saw and not reporting it to JVP or the police immediately, so he makes up a story the Joe was out of town.

Who wore #9 from ‘94 thru ‘97?

Player-McQueary.jpg

Last edited:
If I may make a suggestion, when you write this book, you may want to donate 100% of the proceeds to child welfare. If you think you're being treated unfairly now, pocket that book money and see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: wensilver
So you are interpreting it. Sigh.
There is no interpretation:

‘Schultz also testified that he told Spanier more than once of a similar 1998 incident involving Sandusky. Prosecutors presented an email chain discussing the incident, on which Spanier was copied.

"It was important and the president should hear about it, and he should hear about it from me," Schultz said.’

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mcal...se-spanier-trial-0322-20170322-story,amp.html

You guys like to pretend everything is debatable, it’s not.

I agree...but this all supports my theory that he embellished his GJ testimony from what he told Joe, Curley and Schultz. By that point, he was caught between the police, public perception and the PSU administration. Embellishing these things that you point out, is just more embellishment; it is a pattern.

Curley and Schultz were told that MM saw something weird through a mirror but nothing criminal. He only suspected something criminal. For C & S, they didn't know who the victim was, JS wasn't saying, and MM didn't see anything criminal. Only with a ton of victims claiming abuse was it actionable. Once it became actionable, MM embellished his GJ testimony, at the urging of prosecutors, but that left PSU admin high and dry. MM had no idea the damage he was doing to erstwhile friends and co-workers.
Yeah, he did.
The Freeh report said Courtney emailed Schultz in January 2011, a decade later, to say his successor as the school's top lawyer had called to ask him what he knew "about JS issue I spoke with you and Tim about circa eight years ago. I told her what I remembered. She did not offer why she was asking, nor did I ask her." Courtney declined to be interviewed by the Freeh team.

"Penn State engaged the Freeh firm to investigate the matter and, as set forth in Freeh's report, Courtney declined to be interviewed by Freeh upon advice of counsel," Penn State spokesman Lawrence Lokman said in an email Thursday. "So any implication that Penn State did not want the benefit of Courtney's input is simply not correct."

In the days after conferring with Courtney, Schultz and Curley met to review a 1998 complaint from a woman about Sandusky showering with her child, according to the Freeh report. Curley subsequently told Sandusky not to bring children into school athletic facilities.

Sandusky continued for nearly a decade to run a charity for at-risk children before being charged in 2011 and convicted the next year of 45 counts of abuse involving 10 boys, including Victim 2. McQueary was a key witness against him.

There is no interpretation:

‘Schultz also testified that he told Spanier more than once of a similar 1998 incident involving Sandusky. Prosecutors presented an email chain discussing the incident, on which Spanier was copied.

"It was important and the president should hear about it, and he should hear about it from me," Schultz said.’

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mcal...se-spanier-trial-0322-20170322-story,amp.html

You guys like to pretend everything is debatable, it’s not.

I've got a pretty demanding career, and I don't run a major university, yet I still receive hundreds of emails a day. It's highly likely that Schultz thinks he "told" Spanier by putting him on copy, and that Spanier didn't read it because he was just copied. The simplest scenario is usually the correct one.

I've got a pretty demanding career, and I don't run a major university, yet I still receive hundreds of emails a day. It's highly likely that Schultz thinks he "told" Spanier by putting him on copy, and that Spanier didn't read it because he was just copied. The simplest scenario is usually the correct one.
Yeah, how many have you gotten about CSA in your career about a local celebrity retired employee....so many that it didn't stick out at all. If you are at the top....guess what, you are going to be held to a different set of standards and the ooops I didn't read it or I forgot lines don't usually pass at that level. That is not always fair either, but that is the reality of the world today.

Schultz testified he had informed Spanier of the investigation prior to the CC email. DOE report says Spanier, Schultz and Curley had a meeting on the evening of May 4 shortly after Schultz took notes from Harmon.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Seriously? I’m certain the defense would have cleared that up if it were the case.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Yeah, how many have you gotten about CSA in your career about a local celebrity retired employee....so many that it didn't stick out at all. If you are at the top....guess what, you are going to be held to a different set of standards and the ooops I didn't read it or I forgot lines don't usually pass at that level. That is not always fair either, but that is the reality of the world today.

Will you agree that "oops, didn't read it" is different from "read it, covered it up and lied about it"?

Will you agree that "oops, didn't read it" is different from "read it, covered it up and lied about it"?
Absolutely I would agree with that, but Schultz also said on more than once occasion too so something is still off there. I don't want to simply just make up a theory there, but LT seems pretty much dead on unless Schultz is lying. My point of accountability at that level still stands...not always fair either.

Seriously? I’m certain the defense would have cleared that up if it were the case.

You have to remove your hindight bias. In 1998 Graham would have been CCed on an email about how the proper authorities investigated and cleared JS. For someone who has so many other things to worry about, he could easily just gloss over that.

Why did you decide to insert CSA in your question? I'm not aware Jerry was accused of such in '98.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT