ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hockey

Going to be an interesting final. Florida is just so balanced and can play any style, and is carrying the weight of getting Paul Maurice his cup. Edmonton's stars are just lethal and the home-town boy in goal has been better than expected, and is carrying the weight of Canada. I am cheering for Edmonton, but will not be at all sad to see Fla win in that (i) the prospect of a post-cup Tkachuk drunken binge holds great promise, and (ii) I want to hear the Canadian press start talking about McJesus the way they talked about Ovi for years (no cup no good).

I'm pissed because my Canadian buddy, who was a very senior guy at deloitte, had promised to get the suite when the next canadian team made the finals, but retired and took a side gig as senior guy doling out money at usaid, where he now herds a team of lazy incompetents.

The defenseman struggled all series. Fox not being able to create opportunities with his legs was noticeable. Miller and Trouba did not have good series. At one time Miller was plus only because Igor saved his butt about 10 times.
Miller played fine, but he was paired with Trouba for the series (as opposed to Schneider where they both looked great), and Trouba had the biggest problems of any Ranger defenseman with Florida's forecheck, and it wasn't because Miller wasn't doing his job. Most of Miller's coughups were due to Trouba being less than useful. Trouba was okay defensively, but he used to be at least decent at zone exits; FL exposed him as disastrous. Trouba has two years on his contract and is suddenly a buyout candidate this summer.

Reactions: HikeNatParks
Love this final. Florida is granite solid and I’m thrilled they’ve expelled my most despised player (face-licker Marchand) from the Cup chase the past two years. Of course, McDavid alone (a faster-twitch Crosby) makes me want 7 more games, all going OT, the last one going two.
Hockey’s the best, where toggling between offense and defense can legitimately happen on EVERY pass of the puck. Add crunching checks, stop-on-dime skating, pinpoint/inventive/no-look passing, gumby goaltending, and exertion that requires sitting and resting every 40 seconds, and no other pro sport compares . . . and, for me, only the NCAA D1 wrestling tourney in March is as thrilling.

Wrestling people! One more period of hockey left in the season! Game 7! Historic collapse vs historic reverse-sweep! Crossing my fingers for overtime.
Saved the best game of the series for last! Nice to see a franchise get its first on home ice!
Even when he doesn't score, McDavid is must-see TV.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT