ADVERTISEMENT

OT: How Is It Done With Catfish?

The perp had it vacuum sealed in a bag jammed in his pants and compression pants. Took it out in the restroom, wrapped it in a a tshirt that was given out, then went down the isle and got close enough to toss it on the ice.

Reactions: humpydudas19
Forgive my ignorance...is there some symbolism to tossing a catfish on the ice? Kind of like an octopus at Joe Lewis Arena?
That's what I was wondering too. Catfish could be a Nashville delicacy and the guy wanted to show Pittsburgh what it was all about. When the series moves to Nashville maybe a Penguins fan will throw a pound of chipped ham onto the ice.

That's what I was wondering too. Catfish could be a Nashville delicacy and the guy wanted to show Pittsburgh what it was all about. When the series moves to Nashville maybe a Penguins fan will throw a pound of chipped ham onto the ice.
Manufactured "tradition" since they're like a 6 month old franchise. Stolen from the real octopus tradition.

It's a bit of a long story, one that is explained by The Tennessean here, but the long and short of it is that Predators fans have been throwing catfish onto the ice during playoff games since 2003. It's something of a good luck charm, it seems.

Click on explained by the Tennessean.

Manufactured "tradition" since they're like a 6 month old franchise. Stolen from the real octopus tradition.

"JonJacobs Dingleberry clown
I'm glad that's not my name too.

Whenever he goes out, the people always shout,
"There goes JohnJacobs Dingleberry clown".

Apologies to this.

Reactions: jimmcfurdy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT