ADVERTISEMENT

OT Japan

Grass

Gold Member
May 31, 2001
South San Francisco
Making my second trip to Japan. Been to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara and Tateyama. Has anyone been to Hakone or Yokohama City? I wanted to try and make it to Hokkaido, but we can't swing it this time. Thanks in advance.

Making my second trip to Japan. Been to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara and Tateyama. Has anyone been to Hakone or Yokohama City? I wanted to try and make it to Hokkaido, but we can't swing it this time. Thanks in advance.

I've been to both. If you have to pick Hakone or Yokohama I would pick Hakone.

Actually going to hit both places up while we are there and then spend the rest of the time in Tokyo. Any must see spots or things to do in either place? I saw on a show on NHK that they do some pretty cool night cruises in Yokohama. Thanks.

Actually going to hit both places up while we are there and then spend the rest of the time in Tokyo. Any must see spots or things to do in either place? I saw on a show on NHK that they do some pretty cool night cruises in Yokohama. Thanks.

You definitely have to do the hot spring bath experience at Hakone. Make sure you read some good guidebooks and understand the protocol. I would also recommend a ride on the Hakone Tozan Railway and/or a ride on a sightseeing boat on Lake Ashinoko. The Hakone sculpture garden is worth seeing as well.

I was never very impressed by Yokohama. Japanese tourists think of it as a place to get good Chinese food, but it's strange to go to Japan for Chinese food.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I'll just check out Yokohama for a day and try and either spend more time in Tokyo or Hakone.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I'll just check out Yokohama for a day and try and either spend more time in Tokyo or Hakone.

Have you been to Kamakura and/or Nikko? They are both day trips from Tokyo and definitely worth a day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT