ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Men's Final Four Experience

Wandering Spectator

Dec 17, 2017
Chandler, AZ
www.wanderingspectator.com
I had the opportunity to take in several events during Final Four week. If you ever get a chance to go, do it. Unlike most other championship events that have a single game, the Final Four spreads out over multiple days with plenty of activities during the weekend.

I finally got around to writing up my experience.

I had the opportunity to take in several events during Final Four week. If you ever get a chance to go, do it. Unlike most other championship events that have a single game, the Final Four spreads out over multiple days with plenty of activities during the weekend.

I have attended two final fours: 1976 in Philadelphia which Indiana won and 2000 n Indianapolis which Michigan State won. The 76 final four had great teams, Indiana, Michigan, UCLA, and Rutgers (Phil Sellers team).

Any of these national sports "Events" are well done and fun to experience. This is true even if you are not a big fan. To me, it is like going to Disney. I no longer care about the rides but marvel at how they manage all of the people, transportation, safety, cleanliness, food, distribution, maintenance, and the operations of it all.

Thanks for your writeup, Wandering Spectator. I was there in Glendale this year as well with my cousin (Purdue grad). We sat on the first level behind the basket where the Purdue students were located. We could see the game just fine, but I would have to believe that people on the 2nd and 3rd deck were watching the TV monitors rather than the action on the court.

I would highly recommend attending the Final Four to any sports fan. It was a first-class event, and the fans were great to each other--much better than a typical football crowd.

Reactions: Wandering Spectator
Any of these national sports "Events" are well done and fun to experience. This is true even if you are not a big fan. To me, it is like going to Disney. I no longer care about the rides but marvel at how they manage all of the people, transportation, safety, cleanliness, food, distribution, maintenance, and the operations of it all.
It’s amazing to see it come together. There are ao many details that go unnoticed to the casual fan. And knowing that a lot of this is executed by temporary staff is mind blowing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT