ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Reviving Friday Jukebox

Austin Healey awesome.
Car Mood GIF by B74 SELECTED GOODS

Reactions: PSU4U
Great song by Ace has stood the test of time. Cool solo, great harmonies. It was years before I knew this wasn't a lover's breakup song. It's about somebody in the band who left for another gig. So a breakup of sorts, I guess nonetheless.
Always amazes me how a song can totally change when you hear the back story of how and why it was written.

Best one: a song from early sixties with the chorus “To know him is to love him’ was sung by a woman supposedly singing about her wonderful boyfriend. But the song was written by Phil Spector…. the genius behind MoTown’s Wall of Sound….about his father who had committed suicide when Phil was only 12 yrs old. ‘To know him was to love him’ is on his father’s tombstone. He wrote the song when he was only 16 because he missed his father.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSU4U and WaylonJ
Always amazes me how a song can totally change when you hear the back story of how and why it was written.

Best one: a song from early sixties with the chorus “To know him is to love him’ was sung by a woman supposedly singing about her wonderful boyfriend. But the song was written by Phil Spector…. the genius behind MoTown’s Wall of Sound….about his father who had committed suicide when Phil was only 12 yrs old. ‘To know him was to love him’ is on his father’s tombstone. He wrote the song when he was only 16 because he missed his father.

The Old Guys Down Stairs

I'm hooked on that Ace song now. Sounds like the blue-eyed soul groups from the same era. I was just a kid and didn't appreciate what we had. Great stuff and memories. Paul Carrack played with some of the best rock and rollers ever. Vastly underrated.

Who remembers Squeeze?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT