ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Some parents....just don’t get it.

Just put on a mask and do what Eerial says. The media has him convinced he's safe as long as people wear masks. Nevemind that it's mostly bullshit. Testing is up, rates are down, mortality is down. Of course, correlation means causation and this is all due to masks. He's got it all figured out, he just needs to visit his favorite liberal websites to get the latest "facts"
There shouldn't be anything political about it...wearing a mask helps to prevent the spread of the virus.

Are chances very good that this guy doesn't have it, and thus isn't spreading it? Sure. Can you still spread it anyway even if you are wearing a mask? Sure.

However, people wearing masks reduces chances of the virus spreading, something that I'm greatly in favor of at this time, since my quality of life goes up once all of this ends and we return back to something approaching normal.

(not to mention that it takes a certain kind of a-hole to ignore what the person working at the store entrance is asking)

Actually just calling you out for being a coward that complains about other peoples actions to their face but all about calling them out on an internet messageboard. If it really meant that much to you why not call the guy out right there?

You’re calling out whart on an internet message board. I’m curious what you would say to his face given the opportunity.

:eek:

Reactions: BrewLion
Whatever happened to quarantining those infected with a highly communicable disease as well as those at exceptionally high risk ...instead of quarantining everybody? At what point does shutting down everything exceed the damage of a rational public response? Think of this; a friend of mine just finished cancer surgery that was initially cancelled more than two months ago due to shutdowns. That is one unintended consequence among millions, I am sure. What are we doing people?

Reactions: 91Joe95
If you (the OP) had such a problem with it then why didn't you confront the person for being a douchebag? Unless you're just a spineless P*$$y that instead comes on a message board and complain about it...or better yet...I bet this incident never happened and you're just spewing BS and fake rage to get attention

This is the early leader for the stupidest thing I read today.

Whatever happened to quarantining those infected with a highly communicable disease as well as those at exceptionally high risk ...instead of quarantining everybody, (and I might add, seeding the nursing homes with spreaders ... New York et.al.)? At what point does shutting down everything exceed the damage of a rational public response? Think of this; a friend of mine just finished cancer surgery that was initially cancelled more than two months ago due to shutdowns. That is one unintended consequence among millions, I am sure. What are we doing people?

It isn't that simple. This virus is unique. It is very difficult to identify "those infected." Some people have no symptoms and can be contagious for weeks after infection (see kids under five years old). That was the problem with the prior viruses in this family, the infected people flared obvious symptoms immediately and the virus killed their hosts too quickly afterward to infect others. It was "easier" to identify and contain those. This thing is another animal.

"Those exceptionally at risk" is also really hard to quantify. The elderly and real little kids are always the most at risk. But who else? We have no real idea why a 40 year old female may get it worse than some other 40 year old female. So the best approach for everyone is to take the analogous abstinence pledge: no sex = no babies; wear mask, social distance, and don't mass gather = best chance to avoid getting ill or taking others down with you.

Am shocked this happened at WalMart, of all places.
Not nice to stereotype! Some will even call it criminal.

Went into a high end ethnic restaurant to pick up take out a few weeks back in Pgh area...no masks on anyone, employees, customers - no masks except me. And all the tables were completely full. I thought I was transported back to 2019.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT