ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Travel & Food ideas, advice and discussions

Veggies ain't food. Veggies are what food eats.

I'm no vegan=I'm craving a ribeye now, but I'm over 60 and don't wear corrective lenses-not even cheaters and my mom's side was filled macular degeneration.

Most of them got it slowly-but my Great Uncle-who survived Tarawa and Hiroshima clean up, got up one morning and couldn't see.

To see that man crushed from his loss of independence scared the hell out of me-I talked to my doc and he recommended lots of green leafy stuff like a gorilla. Next doc said add fish oil. I have cut back on spinach because of oxalates.

Everything in moderation.

Also, no BP or diabetes meds.

Now if they'd just get me back under 230...

Reactions: mhlarch
Forced to go to a wedding in Macungie PA tonight....wherever the hell that is. Any good pizza joints out that way? I usually hate the wedding "spreads" and will be looking I'm sure..

Forced to go to a wedding in Macungie PA tonight....wherever the hell that is. Any good pizza joints out that way? I usually hate the wedding "spreads" and will be looking I'm sure..
We are waiting!!!
banner04.jpg

Costco pizza slices in Macungie, you cheapskate.

Macungie is a little SW of Allentown. A township with a poat office, not a town.

Excellent Mexican restaurant there -- Casa Catrina. Much better than the standard Gringo-ized Mex. Would do well in a border state. This would be my choice. Gst the ceviche tostadas. You're welcome.

Neighboring Emmaus is a decent small town, can find something there. Alternately, a lot of strip mall type stuff on Hamilton Blvd.

EDIT: for those in the western half of the state, Emmaus = eh-MAY-us.

Last edited:

Macungie is a little SW of Allentown. A township with a poat office, not a town.

Excellent Mexican restaurant there -- Casa Catrina. Much better than the standard Gringo-ized Mex. Would do well in a border state. This would be my choice. Gst the ceviche tostadas. You're welcome.

Neighboring Emmaus is a decent small town, can find something there. Alternately, a lot of strip mall type stuff on Hamilton Blvd.
Watch that you don't get rocked in emmaus...
television video GIF by AMPYA

To see that man crushed from his loss of independence scared the hell out of me-I talked to my doc and he recommended lots of green leafy stuff like a gorilla. Next doc said add fish oil. I have cut back on spinach because of oxalates.
Get a new doctor -- preferably one who doesn't think a gorilla is green and leafy.

Well this Bear Creek Mountain resort wasn't cheap so I'd like to save a buck somehow. Lol

Reactions: El-Jefe

Ok ...just served the salad at the wedding. The house dressing was good. Maybe there's hope that the main course will be good. Ha

Ok ...just served the salad at the wedding. The house dressing was good. Maybe there's hope that the main course will be good. Ha
If the meal turned out to be good, there's still Costco hot dogs or pizza for breakfast. (Also, that Costco has possibly the cheapest gas in the state.)

Though the Mexican place has brunch, and it's probably better/cheaper than the hotel.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
what no mashed potatoes?
Blaze is a nice big T-Bone and PJ Duke a Porterhouse. How much meat can you eat. Those two days the craving. Now if you want a week balanced meal, you could use a nice stuffed baked patato and some Broccoli. Sure, let's upgrade Bo and Jax to those.

Blaze is a nice big T-Bone and PJ Duke a Porterhouse. How much meat can you eat. Those two days the craving. Now if you want a week balanced meal, you could use a nice stuffed baked patato and some Broccoli. Sure, let's upgrade Bo and Jax to those.

Ever been to Don Shula's?

They have a 42 ounce prime Tomahawk.

We should have a new rule for travel discussions. If you ask for help/suggestions and receive some feedback, you must let us know how the trip went and what you enjoyed, so that others may benefit.
Hopefully I'm giving some good feedback. Lol. Wedding was nice tho. The food not so great. I'll fill you in on my Costco trip in the morning. Lol.

Tried to amend my carnivorous habits
Made it nearly seventy days
Losin' weight without speed
Eatin' sunflower seeds
Drinkin' lots of carrot juice and soakin' up rays

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT