ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Travel & Food ideas

Heading to Sedona for the first time and staying in an uptown AirBnB. Any suggestions besides the trails and sitting in the hot tub enjoying the views in the evening while imbibing?
Grand Canyon too obvious?

Seriously though, I've been to Northern Arizona a few times, and could provide a lot more ideas about the state than you're probably looking for.

As far as Sedona goes:

If coming from PHX, first stop at Montezuma Castle National Monument, about 30 min south of town, just barely off I-17. It's an ancient cliff dwellings site. Need about 45-60 min on-site.

Then stop at the Red Rock Visitor Center about 10 min from the I-17 Sedona exit, for the views from the parking lot. Great preview of what's to come. (Can skip the building itself except for bio breaks.)

Then the Chapel of the Holy Cross. Cute church but you go for the environs. Can see in 30 min or less if desired, or can hike around while there. It's on the south edge of town, just a few blocks off the main road into town.

Look into a Jeep or (preferably) Hummer tour thru the desert.

Also look into the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff (about 50 min away). If they have evening events, then don't consider it, just go -- it's one of the few places in the developed world where you can get dark sky views. The drive on Rt 89A is pretty too (during daylight!).

I'll stop now, but if you need more ideas or have more questions, fire away.

Reactions: dicemen99
Heading to MA this summer for a week and planning to visit all 4 Treehouse Brewing locations (Charlton ("the motherland"), Cape Cod/Sandwich, Tewksbury & Deerfield). Going to spend a day or so in Boston to see some historic sights and likely visit Trillium and Sam Adams while there. Thought about spending a night in Salem as I have a great, great, great.......grandmother that was burned back in the witch trials. Besides all that and possibly a stop at Fiden's on the way there, any other tips or suggestions? Can't just go to breweries as we are driving.
Eventide Oyster Company is right by Fenway Park and their brown butter lobster roll is one of the best things I have ever eaten! It is served on a steamed Bao bun so it is not traditional, but it is awesome. Their original location is in Portland ME. And cannoli’s from Mike’s Pastry are really good.

Heading to Cleveland for the weekend to see how The Rolling Stones octagenarians still get around the stage.

Need recommendations 42 dinners 2 breakfasts in one lunch. Staying near case Western and the Cleveland clinic, if that makes a difference, but will have our car.

Reactions: Nitlion1986
Heading to Cleveland for the weekend to see how The Rolling Stones octagenarians still get around the stage.

Need recommendations 42 dinners 2 breakfasts in one lunch. Staying near case Western and the Cleveland clinic, if that makes a difference, but will have our car.

images

• Haha
Reactions: OzarkLion
Dear Lord, voice to text didn't work so good.
I've got no real recommendations. But since you are planning on eating 42 dinners just go to Trip Advisor filter by best restaurants and work your way down the list.

I remember when I was there in 2018 there were a bunch of little restaurants/bars near the arena that were nice. I couldn't name anyone them though.

I just booked a trip to San Juan Puerto Rico. Any suggestions? I did a quick search and didn’t find any past discussions but the search function seems different so not entirely sure if this location was discussed before.

Finally found a post from @Agoodnap from 2022. Anyone else?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT