ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

“ so number continue to look good” ?

still over 3,000 people hospitalized on a daily basis. Who are these people? 3,000 when it could be so much smaller. Where is the personal responsibility? The unvaccinated keeping the virus in play, Merica.

On 5/14 at Mt Nittany Medical Center ten Covid positive inpatients, age range 33 to 81 with average daily census of 16.

You've already been told "who these people are" but you didn't like the answer.

“ so number continue to look good” ?

still over 3,000 people hospitalized on a daily basis. Who are these people? 3,000 when it could be so much smaller. Where is the personal responsibility? The unvaccinated keeping the virus in play, Merica.

On 5/14 at Mt Nittany Medical Center ten Covid positive inpatients, age range 33 to 81 with average daily census of 16.

the number of covid will never be zero.

if you want protected, get the vaccine. if you are more scared, then limit any outside interaction even though you are vaccinated.

the number of covid will never be zero.

if you want protected, get the vaccine. if you are more scared, then limit any outside interaction even though you are vaccinated.
I understand the number will never be zero here in the USA but it can come damn close.
I am Neither scared nor fearful. Fully vaccinated and out and about making sales calls. Traveling to Mexico on Thursday. Went to Antigua last month. Living it up.

I am however disappointed in my fellow Americans who refuse to get vaccinated and continue to tax our healthcare system among other things.

I made sales calls this morning to pharmacies, one without a mask ( it is in a grocery store ) one with a mask in ( sign on the door ) and also a call to a credit union where I still couldn’t even get through the front door. There is an wide range of interpretation still in effect in Western Pa.

I am certain out of the 3000 plus hospitalized yesterday are more than a few hours of lost work. Any employee at this point who refuses to get vaccinated and costs his or her employer missed time on the job should be fired.

I understand the number will never be zero here in the USA but it can come damn close.
I am Neither scared nor fearful. Fully vaccinated and out and about making sales calls. Traveling to Mexico on Thursday. Went to Antigua last month. Living it up.

I am however disappointed in my fellow Americans who refuse to get vaccinated and continue to tax our healthcare system among other things.

I made sales calls this morning to pharmacies, one without a mask ( it is in a grocery store ) one with a mask in ( sign on the door ) and also a call to a credit union where I still couldn’t even get through the front door. There is an wide range of interpretation still in effect in Western Pa.

I am certain out of the 3000 plus hospitalized yesterday are more than a few hours of lost work. Any employee at this point who refuses to get vaccinated and costs his or her employer missed time on the job should be fired.
People will always do things that aren't good for them and tax the health care system - look at how many people still smoke every day when everyone knows it will greatly increase your chances of dying early and painfully. That will kill you just the same as COVID it just takes longer and probable drives up all of our health care costs more. Some people just find reasons to do things that are not in their best interests.

People will always do things that aren't good for them and tax the health care system - look at how many people still smoke every day when everyone knows it will greatly increase your chances of dying early and painfully. That will kill you just the same as COVID it just takes longer and probable drives up all of our health care costs more. Some people just find reasons to do things that are not in their best interests.

Some truth there.

Not sure how it works for others, but my company health insurance has a steep surcharge for smokers (packaged as a discount for non smokers). If covid sticks around as more than a spotty nuisance, I could see a "discount" for being vaccinated.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Not sure how it works for others, but my company health insurance has a steep surcharge for smokers (packaged as a discount for non smokers). If covid sticks around as more than a spotty nuisance, I could see a "discount" for being vaccinated.
Vaccinated or proof of the antibodies? I’ve had COVID and don’t see the reason to go and get vaccinated unless I need to show some kind of proof.

Vaccinated or proof of the antibodies? I’ve had COVID and don’t see the reason to go and get vaccinated unless I need to show some kind of proof.
Don’t know, don’t care. I was just commenting on what I could see happening. I wasn’t proposing that myself.

People who don’t get the flu vaccine and get the flu cost their employer time....should they get fired? How about employees who get pregnant? They cost their employer time and often don’t come back to work....should they get fired? How about smokers? Poor eaters? People who don’t exercise?

1.17M shots yesterday so total up to 286.89 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.78M. 80.3% of shots administered is the national average, 49.4% of population with 1+ dose (63.6% of the adult population), 39.3% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 164 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 131 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

19,866 positives reported yesterday compared to 25,103 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 25,189.

Fatality was 325 compared to 228 yesterday and 397 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 543.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 22,744 compared to one week ago 27,937 down 18.6%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 3,079 compared to one week ago 3,692 down 16.6%.

So number continue to look good. Daily positives week over week is slowing down some but to be expected considering that we are down now at 25K per day. Fatality number is slowly and steadily dropping again. If we don't have any data dumps rest of this week, getting down below 500 per day is not out of the question by June 1. Hospitalization numbers continue their push downward and continuing to increase the percent drop as now up in the 16-18% week over week.

Cletus, good update. Let me add a graph so that people can see (and hopefully understand) that the numbers really are looking good.

Total-US-Covid-Cases.png

Reactions: blmr31 and bison13
People who don’t get the flu vaccine and get the flu cost their employer time....should they get fired? How about employees who get pregnant? They cost their employer time and often don’t come back to work....should they get fired? How about smokers? Poor eaters? People who don’t exercise?
Much of that would not be a bad idea. Pregnancy, no, covered by Federal laws and programs I believe, the rest depending on the decision of the business owner should certainly be a consideration given to the business owner. If you are unavailable to work because of pooor decisions you should be replaceable in the work force for sure.

You may not know hockey Glove. But you are spot on with the origin of COVID it is the WIV.

We're good MacNit07.

I love chewing the fat with you.

Discussion is good food.

Now hurry on over to the Penguins post sir.

Game 6 tonight!!

PS......I DO know hockey and it is about time you realize that Peter-Puck is never coming back on NBC!

;) :p ;)

Much of that would not be a bad idea. Pregnancy, no, covered by Federal laws and programs I believe, the rest depending on the decision of the business owner should certainly be a consideration given to the business owner. If you are unavailable to work because of pooor decisions you should be replaceable in the work force for sure.
And you are unless you’re in a union. But businesses won’t because it would be stupid to get rid of a good employee for missing time for getting sick.

1.17M shots yesterday so total up to 286.89 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.78M. 80.3% of shots administered is the national average, 49.4% of population with 1+ dose (63.6% of the adult population), 39.3% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 164 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 131 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

19,866 positives reported yesterday compared to 25,103 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 25,189.

Fatality was 325 compared to 228 yesterday and 397 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 543.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 22,744 compared to one week ago 27,937 down 18.6%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 3,079 compared to one week ago 3,692 down 16.6%.

So number continue to look good. Daily positives week over week is slowing down some but to be expected considering that we are down now at 25K per day. Fatality number is slowly and steadily dropping again. If we don't have any data dumps rest of this week, getting down below 500 per day is not out of the question by June 1. Hospitalization numbers continue their push downward and continuing to increase the percent drop as now up in the 16-18% week over week.

0.9M shots yesterday so total up to 287.79 with the 7 day rolling average at 1.75M. 80.2% of shots administered is the national average, 49.5% of population with 1+ dose (63.8% of the adult population), 39.5% of population fully vaccinated.

22,738 positives reported yesterday compared to 27,892 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 24,668.

Fatality was 669 compared to 325 yesterday and 744 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 550.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 23,183 compared to one week ago 27,357 down 15.3%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 3,171 compared to one week ago 3,633 down 12.7%.

I think ours does as well and I think you will see more debits for people that choose preventable unhealthy lifestyles - obesity, etc and if they get to alcohol consumption I'm screwed.

We're good MacNit07.

I love chewing the fat with you.

Discussion is good food.

Now hurry on over to the Penguins post sir.

Game 6 tonight!!

PS......I DO know hockey and it is about time you realize that Peter-Puck is never coming back on NBC!

;) :p ;)
Ditto Glove - cheers!

• Love
Reactions: TheGLOV
I think ours does as well and I think you will see more debits for people that choose preventable unhealthy lifestyles - obesity, etc and if they get to alcohol consumption I'm screwed.

some companies have this already. you get discounts on your health insurance premium if you pass certain tests on a yearly basis (ie...BMI, cholesterol, smoker, etc...) but in general the discount levels are relatively low. so the precedence is there, just not widespread and the $$$ difference between healthy and unhealthy is not that much money when you look at the outlay of money being paid for the insurance premium.

some companies have this already. you get discounts on your health insurance premium if you pass certain tests on a yearly basis (ie...BMI, cholesterol, smoker, etc...) but in general the discount levels are relatively low. so the precedence is there, just not widespread and the $$$ difference between healthy and unhealthy is not that much money when you look at the outlay of money being paid for the insurance premium.
My companies insurance gives a >40% discount if you get a yearly physical (including blood tests)...results are not used against any employee. This way you are more likely to address problems before they fester so consequently only a couple of fools don't get the physical.

• Wow
Reactions: The Spin Meister
My companies insurance gives a >40% discount if you get a yearly physical (including blood tests)...results are not used against any employee. This way you are more likely to address problems before they fester so consequently only a couple of fools don't get the physical.

mine is you have to get so many points ( by passing so many tests along with other ways to get points over the year, ie..watching on line health seminars, steps per day, gym visits, etc...) but the discount is only 20% and you have to do stuff and pass tests.

I thought that was racist and that is what everybody said it why there is this Asian hate crime in the USA. How could the admin say/do something like this.
Drudge had a healing yesterday, at one point, that stated "Moderna Vaccine 100% Effective for Teens" . Of course it is. Since infections for teens are in the single-digit percent range and the vaccine is also 95% effective. If the teen rate is 5% and the efficacy rate of moderna for adults is 95% that makes the combo 00.25% or rounded to a statistical zero.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT