ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tobaccos, Coffees, & Libations

I'm at Lancaster Brewing Co. now.

We are having Lemon Blueberry Shandy and steak for 20th anniversary.. Also Pizza Boys in Enola has an amazing array of beers.. Appalachian is good too...I'd rather support small brewers with interesting stuff than mega brewers with insipid blandities.
Lancaster brewing makes good beer. So does Appalachian.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Cigars... I drift towards Acids. I just snagged a tin of the small cigars. 10 for $20. They're great for fishing. If I drop one, I'm out $2, not $10. Cohiba are good. So are Arturo Fuente and Alec Bradley.

Coffee... I like strong dark roast, black. I buy Peets Major Dickasons Blend. Tim Hortons and 8 o'clock are also good.

Beer... just about any craft that isn't an IPA. Porters, Stouts, Ales, Lagers, Pilsoner are all good. I like a lot of the seasonal beers. Bowling beer... PBR.

Booze... Titos with flavored water, Jim Beam or Crown peach with sweet tea. Apple with cranberry.

Reactions: Pennstate1985

Isn't it time for @HOCKEYGOD11 to chime in? I still think he is a fake profile designed to catfish me. Talks about all the things I love but alas, we have never met. It is possible that she is really a 450 pound woman guzzling 2 liter cokes and baiting me with her keyboard.

The currently opened bottles. LOL. Been trying to slow down on the purchases and go thru some of the bottles I have open. I am not doing very well with that. LOL.

I like to have a cigar on occasion. Where do you all get good cigars, like Cubans? Any way to get them online?

I like to have a cigar on occasion. Where do you all get good cigars, like Cubans? Any way to get them online?
Honestly I had a box of Cubans that I picked up in Mexico some time ago. To my taste, I did not think they were any better than some of the premium offerings from the DR. You cannot buy a real Cuban cigar online.

La Aroma De Cuba comes to mind as a great Cuban like cigar, with a reasonable price tag.

Honestly I had a box of Cubans that I picked up in Mexico some time ago. To my taste, I did not think they were any better than some of the premium offerings from the DR. You cannot buy a real Cuban cigar online.

La Aroma De Cuba comes to mind as a great Cuban like cigar, with a reasonable price tag.
The DR has great cigars.

This is not true. I have been using swisscubancigars.com for many years without problem. There are many websites that discretely sell cuban cigars but I have found this one to consistently have the best prices. Prices since Covid however have rendered smoking cubans a special-occasion luxury only. If you want to check the authenticity of a box of Cuban cigars, you can do so at this website:

I prefer medium to full bodied cigars and I have found several Honduran and Nicaraguan cigars that are much more reasonably priced yet with a similar smoking experience as Cubans. Perdomo, Rocky Patel, Cuba Aliados (formerly Puros Indios) and Tatuaje are just a few examples.

I've primarily used iHavanas, Cigars of Habanos, and Friends of Habanos to buy from over the last 10 years. I've also used Cigar Terminal and PuroExpress in the past. Be prepared for major sticker shock now. And it's only getting worse. Shipping to US policies have changed over the last couple years also depending on the site.

The mods at this site maintain a fairly accurate and up-to-date list of retailers: https://www.reddit.com/r/cubancigars/wiki/onlinestores/

Reactions: crablegs1 and Doak
This is not true. I have been using swisscubancigars.com for many years without problem. There are many websites that discretely sell cuban cigars but I have found this one to consistently have the best prices. Prices since Covid however have rendered smoking cubans a special-occasion luxury only. If you want to check the authenticity of a box of Cuban cigars, you can do so at this website:

I prefer medium to full bodied cigars and I have found several Honduran and Nicaraguan cigars that are much more reasonably priced yet with a similar smoking experience as Cubans. Perdomo, Rocky Patel, Cuba Aliados (formerly Puros Indios) and Tatuaje are just a few examples.
Well I learned something, but how do the cigars pass customs?

Well I learned something, but how do the cigars pass customs?
The key word in your quote is "discretely". Most sellers ship discrete. Add in a little luck, and you're home free. I've placed dozens of online orders and they all made it to my mailbox in under a month. Once they arrive, toss them in a humidor to acclimate for a few weeks and then you're off to the races.

Reactions: hlstone

Might be able buy them on-line soon. Major relaxation of trade rules.

Apparently, Cuba- minus The Castros isn't communist enough for the part time occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT