ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

Most people who aren't getting vaccinated are doing it because they know the risk to them is overhyped. Not because they think the risk of the vaccine is so great.

It really is that simple.

Gain immunity via infection and recovery for the vast majority of people - no problem.
Gain immunity via vaccine for the vast majority of people - no problem.

If you're not old and weak, do what you want. Makes no difference at this point.

Reactions: OhHello and bison13
I always find ads interesting as you can see who they are targeted at by who they have in them. For all this specific democratic and media talk about certain people not getting vaccinated, all the get covid vaccine ads I have seen have had minorities in them. Hmm...

Reactions: blmr31 and bison13
I’m not even convinced the numbers will be that high within a year or two.

the question will be is when do the stop tracking Covid separate from 'the flu'. Which we know the flu is not one strain of virus but just an acronym used for a variety of viruses out there. So when does Covid-19 just become another virus that is incorporated into 'the flu' in common vernacular and medically speaking is part of the normal flu vaccine. I am thinking that probably from a pure number standpoint could do it at the end of this year. But too much power and money at stake to be so quick so Covid will be tracked separately into this time next year 2022 at which point the Covid numbers should be so low (as well as most industrial countries in the world vaccinated) that the separate tracking doesn't occur anymore.

I always find ads interesting as you can see who they are targeted at by who they have in them. For all this specific democratic and media talk about certain people not getting vaccinated, all the get covid vaccine ads I have seen have had minorities in them. Hmm...
exactly. Minority groups here in MD are as big of an issue as whites, PG county and Balt city are less than 40% vax with many more people than garrett and allegany co which have similar percentages

Last edited:
exactly. Minority groups here in MD are as big of an issue as whites, PG county and Balt city are less than 40% vax with many more people than garrett and allegany co which have simil;ar percentages but far fewer people

Must be all that consistent and clear messaging. Definitely not because any politicians said to avoid the vaccine for political purposes.

the question will be is when do the stop tracking Covid separate from 'the flu'. Which we know the flu is not one strain of virus but just an acronym used for a variety of viruses out there. So when does Covid-19 just become another virus that is incorporated into 'the flu' in common vernacular and medically speaking is part of the normal flu vaccine. I am thinking that probably from a pure number standpoint could do it at the end of this year. But too much power and money at stake to be so quick so Covid will be tracked separately into this time next year 2022 at which point the Covid numbers should be so low (as well as most industrial countries in the world vaccinated) that the separate tracking doesn't occur anymore.

As long as we keep measuring cases and deaths with different metrics as the flu, as well as testing every single person that gets admitted to the hospital for covid thus driving up hospitalization numbers, it will never be just another virus.

Reactions: bison13 and OhHello
As long as we keep measuring cases and deaths with different metrics as the flu, as well as testing every single person that gets admitted to the hospital for covid thus driving up hospitalization numbers, it will never be just another virus.

completely agree, the question is when does that start to happen. I mean you can see the large decrease in the numbers the past couple of weeks which I link to all the testing not being done at colleges and high schools across the country (as well as lightening up in the corporate world also as the mask mandates are gone and I assume that some businesses are starting to lighten up on Covid testing requirements as such). and i cannot see a reason the current numbers won't continue to go down over the summer as we saw that last year and although vaccine numbers are low, people are still getting vaccinated. At a certain point when the daily positives is in the 5000 per day range and daily fatality at 200 and hospitalizations are down accordingly, some states and locations will just stop doing it.

Reactions: OhHello
Well, covid is dangerous for those that are sick and hospitals are full of sick people. Perhaps we need "hospitalized with vs because of covid" categories?

Reactions: bison13 and OhHello
That will only occur so long as it has political value. For example, COVID pays hospitals significant premiums on care. So as long as the politicians fund the additional detection and reporting of with COVID care, you will see it reported separately. When the political value dries up, the money will too. At that point, it is now a flu virus.

Last edited:
Does any of this really matter? At some point, someone is going to start publicizing on a major platform that TOTAL DEATHS are less than normal because Covid only killed old people and had no effect on the productive portion of our society. The data will be there in a month or so, such that anyone can see it. It isn't like what I've done is any earth-breaking research - anyone can do it, and I'm sure that others have done so.

I really don't like the discussion on the mis-coded deaths and cases. Sure, they exist, but they didn't change anything meaningful (since 90% of 600,000 is still a lot of dead people).

Once it becomes clear that TOTAL DEATHS are under normal, in the public mind the pandemic will be completely gone. Anyone saying anything else will simply be discrediting themselves in the eyes of the persuadable electorate. There will be a lot of disappointed flight attendants who loved the power the pandemic gave them (since their normal lives gave them none).

completely agree, the question is when does that start to happen. I mean you can see the large decrease in the numbers the past couple of weeks which I link to all the testing not being done at colleges and high schools across the country (as well as lightening up in the corporate world also as the mask mandates are gone and I assume that some businesses are starting to lighten up on Covid testing requirements as such). and i cannot see a reason the current numbers won't continue to go down over the summer as we saw that last year and although vaccine numbers are low, people are still getting vaccinated. At a certain point when the daily positives is in the 5000 per day range and daily fatality at 200 and hospitalizations are down accordingly, some states and locations will just stop doing it.

Well, covid is dangerous for those that are sick and hospitals are full of sick people. Perhaps we need "hospitalized with vs because of covid" categories?

Reactions: blmr31
At some point, someone is going to start publicizing on a major platform that TOTAL DEATHS are less than normal because Covid only killed old people and had no effect on the productive portion of our society. The data will be there in a month or so, such that anyone can see it. It isn't like what I've done is any earth-breaking research - anyone can do it, and I'm sure that others have done so.

That data is already there. But in a society where headlines rule and underlying data is ignored, it'll never change.

That data is already there. But in a society where headlines rule and underlying data is ignored, it'll never change.
On his Twitter site yesterday, Alex Berenson reported that Alameda County, CA just reduced their Covid death total by 25%. It's so obvious that the death rate from this virus was intentionally enlarged, and I'm sorry that anybody died from this.

On his Twitter site yesterday, Alex Berenson reported that Alameda County, CA just reduced their Covid death total by 25%. It's so obvious that the death rate from this virus was intentionally enlarged, and I'm sorry that anybody died from this.

Combine this with the CDC saying that 35% of pediatric covid deaths were not from covid.

Combine this with the CDC saying that 35% of pediatric covid deaths were not from covid.

and let's take the death tolls in nursing homes in NY, NJ, and PA and cut them by half due to those Governors making a horrible, horrible decision of sending covid positive patients back into nursing homes for such an extended time. Those deaths would have been prevented if not for that horrible decision by Cuomo, Murphy, and Wolff.

My friends at NIH say that 35% is about the percent of total deaths that are not covid. 2 flu seasons are roughly 100k of 600k or 16% of the total so add in other items and they figure its a little over double that #

Reactions: 91Joe95 and OhHello
The article you posted literally says that vaccine hesitancy decreases with increased education. It further says that fear of side effects and anti-government sentiment are driving their hesitancy. I am not sure you are making the point you thought you were.
That’s what the researchers say because of their biases. They elevated education as the determinate factor because they are educated snobs. I know lots of people in farming and construction plus some in the logging industry and most are quite intelligent. In fact, I would bet that few here are intelligent enough to run a modern farm.

Look again at the results and use occupation as a key factor. What do agriculture, construction, mining, and logging all have in common? Most work outside! Plus, they are usually quite spread out from each other. And these intelligent people read many sources......including the CDC and Dr Fauci.......that say being out side and maintaining a distance of six feet greatly reduces the risk. Add in people in those physical jobs are usually relatively healthy. They rationally and intelligently have decided they don’t need the vaccines.

You may disagree with them. Fine. They disagree with you. Fine. But to deny that working outside and reasonably far apart has little bearing on their decisions ignores the elephant in the room.

Last edited:
Does any of this really matter? At some point, someone is going to start publicizing on a major platform that TOTAL DEATHS are less than normal because Covid only killed old people and had no effect on the productive portion of our society. The data will be there in a month or so, such that anyone can see it. It isn't like what I've done is any earth-breaking research - anyone can do it, and I'm sure that others have done so.

I really don't like the discussion on the mis-coded deaths and cases. Sure, they exist, but they didn't change anything meaningful (since 90% of 600,000 is still a lot of dead people).

Once it becomes clear that TOTAL DEATHS are under normal, in the public mind the pandemic will be completely gone. Anyone saying anything else will simply be discrediting themselves in the eyes of the persuadable electorate. There will be a lot of disappointed flight attendants who loved the power the pandemic gave them (since their normal lives gave them none).
Covid only killed old people and had no effect on the productive portion of our society?

If this is a serious statement you are the world’s biggest A hole.

E3Txa3uVoAMDlXq

and let's take the death tolls in nursing homes in NY, NJ, and PA and cut them by half due to those Governors making a horrible, horrible decision of sending covid positive patients back into nursing homes for such an extended time. Those deaths would have been prevented if not for that horrible decision by Cuomo, Murphy, and Wolff.
I don't understand how these people are not held accountable for those decisions that literally cost tens of thousands of lives in their states and made zero sense in terms of science and established medical knowledge. When their own health secretaries are removing their own parents from these places because they know the increased danger they were exposed to then you know the decisions were intentionally against the science and established medical knowledge. This is murder on a grand scale. How is it that society simply accepts it?

I don't understand how these people are not held accountable for those decisions that literally cost tens of thousands of lives in their states and made zero sense in terms of science and established medical knowledge. When their own health secretaries are removing their own parents from these places because they know the increased danger they were exposed to then you know the decisions were intentionally against the science and established medical knowledge. This is murder on a grand scale. How is it that society simply accepts it?
No media pressure. In fact, just media excuses.

Another commonality is people in these professions are not risk-averse. There are a million ways to die or get seriously hurt in these jobs. Similarly public safety, military, and medical staff. I know of many nurses who wanted nothing to do with a vaccine.
Maybe people who actually deal with risk on a daily basis find their 0.0000X % risk due to COVID to be laughable. The white collar computer geek may freak out over it because they are connecting to the news on the internet periodically through the day reinforcing how they may not make it to tomorrow. But those who actually do work with real risks are not impressed.

Covid only killed old people and had no effect on the productive portion of our society?

If this is a serious statement you are the world’s biggest A hole.
Over 80% of deaths were over age 65, aka, retired folks. Over 95% of the deaths were over 50. Over 98% of the deaths were over 40. Over 99% were over 30. Less than 0.2% were not adults and the CDC is now saying that 35% of pediatric covid deaths were not from covid so reduce it further.

I'm not sure when actually stating facts that are easily cited (by the CDC in this case) became a qualification for world's biggest A hole. But you may want to reconsider your assertion.

Check out their silence relative to the latest email drops regarding gain of function research in wuhan.

GUILTY they are!!

I said so when this whole mess first began!

"Glov - How are you so good at connecting the dots regarding this dreaded virus?"

Answer: It's not really all that hard once you eliminate the MSM & politics from it. It's science, so it has to have a beginning and that beginning was the lab in Wuhan!"

"Thank you Glov!" - Me: don't mention it.

:) :p :)

;)

Anybody want to go eat a bat at a wet-market in Wuhan?

I'm buying!!!!

:eek::D:eek:

Over 80% of deaths were over age 65, aka, retired folks. Over 95% of the deaths were over 50.
So you’re saying 15% of the deaths were people 50-65. I’m in that age group and feel like I’m still productive. How does that square with this statement that was being questioned?
Covid only killed old people and had no effect on the productive portion of our society.

Reactions: TheGLOV
So you’re saying 15% of the deaths were people 50-65. I’m in that age group and feel like I’m still productive. How does that square with this statement that was being questioned?
If taken in absolutes, then it doesn't.

I mean, do you really think I am saying that every single person Covid killed was at the end of their life and not productive at all?

Or, having read my posts on the subject and seen the modeling I did on the pandemic with a spot-on prediction of herd immunity timing, do you think that I was speaking in generalities that are very true from an overall societal standpoint?

Maybe you're not as productive as you once were? I kid. But it wasn't me saying it, it was the CDC saying this.

Also, according to the US census, only 16.5% of the population is over 65. So that 16.5% of the population was over 80% of the total deaths. Maybe that puts it in the appropriate perspective.

19.2% of the population is age 50 -65 and only had 15% of the deaths.

So the remaining 65% of the population under age 50 was only 5% of the deaths.

A further look at the 50 to 65 year olds shows that nearly 25% retire by age 55 and nearly 45% by age 61. Another 5 million are disabled (so maybe 8% in this age group) and not in the work force. Therefore, probably about 4 in 10 people in your age group are not in the work force (not productive) and they probably are the highest probability in their age group to have passed with COVID due to comorbidities being more prevalent amongst this subset of your cohort.

Last edited:

I mean, do you really think I am saying that every single person Covid killed was at the end of their life and not productive at all?

Or, having read my posts on the subject and seen the modeling I did on the pandemic with a spot-on prediction of herd immunity timing, do you think that I was speaking in generalities that are very true from an overall societal standpoint?
But you said “had no effect on productive” when you should have said “had small “ or “minimal” or “little”. Never use absolutes.

Reactions: bison13 and TheGLOV

I wasn’t arguing your point. I didn’t think for a second you meant that in absolutes. I was poking at ohhello because the numbers he presented didn’t support his argument in the post he responded to.

Over 80% of deaths were over age 65, aka, retired folks. Over 95% of the deaths were over 50. Over 98% of the deaths were over 40. Over 99% were over 30. Less than 0.2% were not adults and the CDC is now saying that 35% of pediatric covid deaths were not from covid so reduce it further.

I'm not sure when actually stating facts that are easily cited (by the CDC in this case) became a qualification for world's biggest A hole. But you may want to reconsider your assertion.
So older people are not productive? You may want to think about that. That’s typical gen X BS. Who do you think owns the companies you work for? What’s the ages of their Boards of Directors, or the Presidents, great artists, musicians ,writers? And BTW, hold the fries.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT