ADVERTISEMENT

Other games: who to root for...

Psubiomed

Jul 25, 2021
...as many of us know, the title most likely will be a 3 way tie.... therefore...

Neb. Vs Minn..... NEBRASKA
Fresno vs Purdue....FRESNO STATE
Buffalo vs Wisconsin....BUFFALO
NW vs Rutgers... NORTHWESTERN
Toledo vs Illinois.... ILLINOIS
Utah st vs Iowa....IOWA

THERE YOU GO...WEEK 1 TIEBREAK STANDINGS

...as many of us know, the title most likely will be a 3 way tie.... therefore...

Utah st vs Iowa....IOWA

I think the tiebreaker you are talking about only consists of conference games record. Nebraska and Northwestern are our primary cheering this week, along with Illinois and Iowa because we definitely want them ranked and undefeated before those week 3 and 4 matchups.

Utah st vs Iowa....IOWA

Whaaaaaa???

I think the tiebreaker you are talking about only consists of conference games record. Nebraska and Northwestern are our primary cheering this week, along with Illinois and Iowa because we definitely want them ranked and undefeated before those week 3 and 4 matchups.
I'm talking about Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan all finishing 11-1, with the only losses to each other...Joel Klatt also predicted this outcome.

We will see, but I'm keeping track of the tiebreaker and this is the tiebreaker that will decide it: the combined records of each teams non divisional opponents.

I'm talking about Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan all finishing 11-1, with the only losses to each other...Joel Klatt also predicted this outcome.

We will see, but I'm keeping track of the tiebreaker and this is the tiebreaker that will decide it: the combined records of each teams non divisional opponents.
It’s the combined CONFERENCE record of the non-divisional opponents…non-conference games are meaningless for that tiebreaker.

Non divisional opponents CONFERENCE record. Big 10 games only.

Utah st vs Iowa....IOWA

Naa. I am rooting for psu to go 12-0. I want EVERYONE else in the b10 to lose every game. Forget the three way tie. Empty the jails and win.

I think it's overall record.

5. The records of the three (or more) teams will be compared based on the best cumulative conference winning percentage of non-divisional opponents.
(a) Example: East 1 non-divisional opponents are 20-7, East 2 non-divisional opponents are 19-8, East 3 non-divisional opponents are 14-13 – East 1 would be the representative.

Unless I'm reading it wrong?

5. The records of the three (or more) teams will be compared based on the best cumulative conference winning percentage of non-divisional opponents.
(a) Example: East 1 non-divisional opponents are 20-7, East 2 non-divisional opponents are 19-8, East 3 non-divisional opponents are 14-13 – East 1 would be the representative.

Unless I'm reading it wrong?
Nope you are correct, BUT if they have identical conference records then what?

Nope you are correct, BUT if they have identical conference records then what?

Record vs the team who wins the West. And if there is still a tie, go to 2nd place and then 3rd.
Example. Let's say Iowa wins the West.

In the hypothetical 11-1s scenario, we would win the East because:

We were 1-0 vs Iowa, OSU and Michigan were 0-0 because they didn't play them.

Reactions: royboy

Utah st vs Iowa....IOWA

Non-conference games aren't impactful to tiebreakers

Record vs the team who wins the West. And if there is still a tie, go to 2nd place and then 3rd.
Example. Let's say Iowa wins the West.

In the hypothetical 11-1s scenario, we would win the East because:

We were 1-0 vs Iowa, OSU and Michigan were 0-0 because they didn't play them.

Right, from the same link posted above...

6. The records of the three (or more) teams will be compared against the highest placed non-divisional teams in their division order of finish (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7).
(a) When arriving at a group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group, rather than record against the individual teams.
(b) When comparing records against a single team or a group of teams, the record will prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group are unequal (i.e. 1-0 is better than 0-0, 2-0 is better than 1-0, etc.)
7. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.
8. The representative will be chosen by random draw.

Reactions: lazydave841
and just to reiterate for everyone how this works, for PSU (compared to tOSU and UM assuming a three way tie), you would want to:
(1) root for Northwestern, Iowa, and Illinois
(2) root against Wisconsin, Nebraska and [especially] Minnesota and Purdue

For games between Wisconsin or Nebraska vs Minnesota or Purdue, you want Wisconsin or Nebraska to win.

Let's win them all and not have to go to the tiebreaker. Check that....forget the tiebreaker for now, first things first, let's just stomp WVU!!

Utah st vs Iowa....IOWA

If it existed, I would cheer for Mussolini Tech over Iowa. I never had problem with Purdue or their fans. They are realists at least. Iowa fans are classless and bitter with some misguided arrogance as well. Waving to the kids in the hospital while booing injured players on field, sorry some true colors were shown

Reactions: Psubiomed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT