ADVERTISEMENT

BiG bowl games will be interesting this year

bdgan

May 29, 2008
I think the BiG was very weak this year except for UM, OSU, & PSU. It will be interesting to see how the other BiG bowl teams perform.

Utah vs NW
Bowling Green vs 5-7 Minnesota
Rutgers vs Miami
Wisc vs LSU
Iowa vs Tennessee

Will the BiG be underdogs in each of those games?

Reactions: NedFromYork
I find the Wiscy/LSU game interesting. This would seem to be a blowout for LSU but Wiscy has grown as a physical team.

I think the BiG was very weak this year except for UM, OSU, & PSU. It will be interesting to see how the other BiG bowl teams perform.

Utah vs NW
Rutgers vs Miami
Wisc vs LSU
Iowa vs Tennessee

Minnesota favored…rest of your list is dogs.

Utah vs NW
Rutgers vs Miami
Wisc vs LSU
Iowa vs Tennessee

Rutgers and Minny might have a chance. The others don't look so good.

Utah vs NW
Rutgers vs Miami
Wisc vs LSU
Iowa vs Tennessee

Not sure about betting lines, but the only B2G team ranked on that list was Iowa and they are pretty awful.

Utah vs NW. NW is a nice story, but UU will dominate them physically like we did.
Bowling Green vs 5-7 Minnesota. Ugh. This might be a game where BG doesnt care instead of the big boy MN.
Rutgers vs Miami. I'll take RU unless there is a mass exodus.
Wisc vs LSU. LSU period.
Iowa vs Tennessee. Unless IU brings in a new OC I'd take rocky top

Reactions: bdgan
How long before a team forfeits a bowl game thanks to the portal?

We are already at the point were 25+ players portal. Actually more if you look at Colorado. How many did they lose, 60 or 70? Let's say a team is 6-6, bowl eligible, a new coach is hired and he uses Deion's playbook on the roster.

MSU has 3 QBs in the portal. A team could only lose 10 players but they could all be at critical position.

I hope they all do well except for Michigan. I think Wiscy, Maryland, and Rutgers have an opportunity to leverage their games into something that springboards them for success next year.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
I hope they all do well except for Michigan. I think Wiscy, Maryland, and Rutgers have an opportunity to leverage their games into something that springboards them for success next year.
I hope those frauds Iowa lose - their free ride in the West is up so no better time to get used to losing 5+ games a year than now.

I didn't watch too much of it, but Rutgers beating Miami was a big win for them. And for the B10. Not that Miami was a powerhouse, but Miami recruits at a top 10-15 level.

I didn't watch too much of it, but Rutgers beating Miami was a big win for them. And for the B10. Not that Miami was a powerhouse, but Miami recruits at a top 10-15 level.
Rutgers will never be a top 20 to 25 program but give credit to Schiano.....he has that program rolling and they could be very dangerous to all of the B1G bluebloods going forward

Schiano has done prior and is doing a great job at Rutgers. It is surprising that he has not been in the running for a higher profile program.

Reactions: GregInPitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT