ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

Fact of the matter is successful programs will attract families and no coach is going to turn kids away. This is without any “recruiting” at all by the coaches. The schools like McCort and Faith, Becahi and ND competing in team post season is what should’nt happen. Small schools just can’t compete with that. And I have no problem pointing out that public schools have kids who move in, you can do that without complaining.

Fact of the matter is successful programs will attract families and no coach is going to turn kids away. This is without any “recruiting” at all by the coaches. The schools like McCort and Faith, Becahi and ND competing in team post season is what should’nt happen. Small schools just can’t compete with that. And I have no problem pointing out that public schools have kids who move in, you can do that without complaining.
Agree. Also have no problem with co ops. Those kids want to wrestle and their schools don’t have a program. They have to wrestle somewhere.

I agree and can’t stand these situations but this statement is very true. I don’t think any of these coaches ever recruit. They have attractive programs and we all know wrestling families are crazy. Who wouldn’t want to wrestle under Coach Karam or be teammates with Bassett & Gibson We would all do what is best for our kids and families. I think privates should have their own team championships and public have their own. Then run one amazing individual. I think a team bracket with Becca, Faith, Erie Prep, NDGP, McCort, Malvern, Sem, etc would be fun to watch.

Honestly as a PA wrestling fan, MS states is my favorite because you have everyone: Public, Private and Prep wrestlers,,,, AA and AAA wrestlers.

I will always cheer for the underdog and homegrown schools but love watching the studs that those private schools bring to the table. hopefully we get to see Bassett & the Gibsons at PIAA soon. Go PA wrestling

Wilies middle school big board will make a home grown maxi puke.

Bm and Fc are absolutely loaded
Well BM already got dinked by the PIAA, only a matter of time until FC gets it as well. Easy answers to the problem for the PIAA but I doubt they do the right thing.

Reactions: PaDistrict11
Hyndman doesn't have a public school let alone a wrestling team anymore. It doesn't make sense to have kids from Hyndman go to Ridge. You drive a block from Bedford school to get there.

Why would people drive clear from Somerset to Ridge. Somerset still has a wrestling team too.

And no way is a kid living in Ridgeway wrestling at Forest Hills. They aren't even remotely close.

At this point you're just making shit up.
Thought the same thing about the Ridgeway Kid. I think he was referring to Chestnut Ridge?

I just called my friend from Boswell. He got the scoop. Dustin Flynn was from Brockway and transfers to fh. Forcellini is central Cambria and wrestles for FH.
Chestnut has Moore brothers from Hyndman, a kid from Holidaysburg and Maul from Somerset. He is a little stud my friend said. Somersets best wrestler.
He said he heard mccort is still trying to get into prep or even dropping out of the PIAA in wrestling which makes no sense to do that.
There is a new league forming up there and no one wants McCort, FH or Chestnut in the league because of all the transfers

Well BM already got dinked by the PIAA, only a matter of time until FC gets it as well. Easy answers to the problem for the PIAA but I doubt they do the right thing.
The chances Faith gets dinged, or McCort shafted is small. It all starts with a fellow district school getting their girlie panties bunched and making an official complaint. Before anyone complains they will need to make certain they are squeaky clean.

I just called my friend from Boswell. He got the scoop. Dustin Flynn was from Brockway and transfers to fh. Forcellini is central Cambria and wrestles for FH.
Chestnut has Moore brothers from Hyndman, a kid from Holidaysburg and Maul from Somerset. He is a little stud my friend said. Somersets best wrestler.
He said he heard mccort is still trying to get into prep or even dropping out of the PIAA in wrestling which makes no sense to do that.
There is a new league forming up there and no one wants McCort, FH or Chestnut in the league because of all the transfers
So basically according to your little fantasy world, families aren't allowed to move. I can't decide if your stupid or just trying to stir up shit. You must be one of Mineo's aliases on here.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
So basically according to your little fantasy world, families aren't allowed to move. I can't decide if your stupid or just trying to stir up shit. You must be one of Mineo's aliases on here.
Wonder why anyone from the Johnstown/Somerset/Bedford area would be bitter about area schools building powerhouse programs. I dunno…guess they could form their own leagues and get the “feel goods” about winning a league and district championship. I guess that means more to people that seeing the area actually becoming more than an afterthought when it comes to the State team championships which is pretty much what we are most years.

Reactions: PAgeologist
Benton defeats Brookville 29-25 in the quarterfinals.
Might need to take a trip to the cardiologist next week lol. Another great dual, Benton got pins when they could and held most of their ranked studs to decisions. Gritty win. Unfortunately, Or maybe fortunately, I wont be there tonight. Gonna be a rough one against NDGP. Think we can snag a few but it'll probably be ugly.

And yeah, let’s push out the areas best talent like the Bassetts so their little Johnny can have more watered down trophies and accomplishments.

Maybe the state dual tournament should consist of district all star teams. That way all of the teams can be stacked.

Wonder why anyone from the Johnstown/Somerset/Bedford area would be bitter about area schools building powerhouse programs. I dunno…guess they could form their own leagues and get the “feel goods” about winning a league and district championship. I guess that means more to people that seeing the area actually becoming more than an afterthought when it comes to the State team championships which is pretty much what we are most years.
I don't think anyone is bitter necessarily. There is a ton of bad blood towards McCort from multiple schools. Some of it is probably sour grapes.

As far as Ridge is concerned, they have 2 kids that came from an area that didn't even have a public school district. And 2 families that apparently moved from Somerset (economically depressed area) and Hollidaysburg (who knows why). God forbid.

FH and CC are adjacent school districts. You could move a half a mile and be in the other district.

And yeah, let’s push out the areas best talent like the Bassetts so their little Johnny can have more watered down trophies and accomplishments.
Getting busted for recruiting a couple years ago and bragging on social media led to McCort's situation. There's a bunch of people that just don't like McCort. Some of it may be legit, some sour grapes.

Can we get onto another topic? We're at approx 237k posts about McCort and HS recruiting.

Can we get onto another topic? We're at approx 237k posts about McCort and HS recruiting.
Well we were talking about state duals which generally leads to what you mentioned every year. Its only going to get worse next year. FC saw what McCort did and said hold my beer.

Anyhow, backside of AA should be interesting for 3rd place.

Ridge moves on as well. Interesting note in that one. West Perry 113 kid didn't have either leg below his knees. He beat a ranked kid from Ridge 6-0, easily controlled that match.
This kid is tuff. I watched him since grade school. Kids just do not know how to attack him and his upper body is extremely strong.

Great win for Nasedo. Quiet killer.
Saucon Valley might have too much horse power for Chestnut. Adding Crookham definitely gives them the edge.
Go Benton! Home grown

This is no surprise. PIAA used them as an example. Just hope they do the same to faith, Becca, NDGP etc.
I hate to see the wrestlers effected, especially when so many schools have been doing this for years.
Coach Scott Green just tweeted out “Rules for some and not for others”. This is very true.

on a different note: Congrats to D3 for having three teams in the team 8 in AA.

This is no surprise. PIAA used them as an example. Just hope they do the same to faith, Becca, NDGP etc.
I hate to see the wrestlers effected, especially when so many schools have been doing this for years.
Coach Scott Green just tweeted out “Rules for some and not for others”. This is very true.

“They“ upheld the rules but it takes a school that a transfer leaves to log the complaint.

Can you for certain say that Beca has had formal complaints filed against them? How bout NDGP?

Look what happens to the coaches/schools who log the complaints, they get called whiners/ complainers and told “quitcher bitching, everyone does it”

Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered.

Saucon Valley is awfully good. I would've picked them to win this dual before Crookham returned.
Like you said. Saucon is awfully good. Ridge is very solid, but lacks any high end guys. Not a bad showing by Ridge in my opinion. Although i didnt watch the match yet.

Ridge has a good chance for 3rd. Ridge beat Brookville earlier in the year, if they happen to get past McDevitt. Assuming Benton gets though, should be a hell of a battle for 3rd.

D5 has had some really good wrestlers, but I am not sure how those teams would fare if the dual championships existed back in the 90s. Conemaugh Township and Bedford were really good back then. Cambria Heights and Central Cambria were good also, out of D6. Happy to see Ridge carrying the torch for our area.

“They“ upheld the rules but it takes a school that a transfer leaves to log the complaint.

Can you for certain say that Beca has had formal complaints filed against them? How bout NDGP?

Look what happens to the coaches/schools who log the complaints, they get called whiners/ complainers and told “quitcher bitching, everyone does it”
I'm glad the courts upheld the decision. But I do feel bad for the kids. It's not their fault. But how do you punish the school and not the kids?

Sorry again @El-Jefe.

DXI just does a better job of assembling all-star teams.
This is exactly right! Their District Chair is Hartmen and he openly brags about allowing transfers into his district.
The duals bracket came down to which team had the most transfers.
NDGP and Becca have all transfers and will both be crowned champions. Nazareth made the finals with an Easton boy and two studs from East Stroudsburg.
Bishop McDevit & Faith Academy had their best years ever and half their team transferred in the last two years. Faith after this year should win for a long time with who they grab in MS.
It’s time for the PIAA to separate private and public. Teams like Benton, Saucon Valley, Latrobe have no chance.
I just heard yesterday Waynesburg’s Joe Simon lives in Louisanna and does online classes at Waynesburg. Comes up just for the PIAA wrestling season and then will return to Louisanna. How can a homegrown team compete with this.

• Wow
Reactions: hlstone
I just heard yesterday Waynesburg’s Joe Simon lives in Louisanna and does online classes at Waynesburg. Comes up just for the PIAA wrestling season and then will return to Louisanna. How can a homegrown team compete with this.
This flunks the sniff test: Simon is a SO who wrestled for Waynesburg last year too. You think he's gonna do that for how many years?

Also flunks the evidence check: Simon wrestled for PA at Fargo and at Super 32. Don't trust me, check the brackets.
Fargo: https://arena.flowrestling.org/event/91dfe75a-7549-6f96-7add-66fda2af2430
S32: https://arena.flowrestling.org/event/99bda6d2-2084-4282-94d0-2654c8b2745e

Reactions: BrockBronson
This flunks the sniff test: Simon is a SO who wrestled for Waynesburg last year too. You think he's gonna do that for how many years?

Also flunks the evidence check: Simon wrestled for PA at Fargo and at Super 32. Don't trust me, check the brackets.
Fargo: https://arena.flowrestling.org/event/91dfe75a-7549-6f96-7add-66fda2af2430
S32: https://arena.flowrestling.org/event/99bda6d2-2084-4282-94d0-2654c8b2745e
Most of what he spouts flunks the sniff test. He's more full of shit than your average Porta John.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT