ADVERTISEMENT

Paper or Mobile Tix??

PSU_Chicago

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
finally got on the App this AM. Missing the paper tix already

Last edited:
Reactions: johnmpsu
Printed tickets can be yours for $65.00 per account. Whether ordering one or ten season tickets, the cost is the same. Price it out per ticket and it isn't so bad. My tickets arrived in about a week. My ticket angst is now gone.

Reactions: step.eng69
Printed tickets can be yours for $65.00 per account. Whether ordering one or ten season tickets, the cost is the same. Price it out per ticket and it isn't so bad. My tickets arrived in about a week. My ticket angst is now gone.
It costs $65 to print the tickets? Since they aren’t printing them anymore for most, I assume the cost of tickets this year went down by $65? ;)

It costs $65 to print the tickets? Since they aren’t printing them anymore for most, I assume the cost of tickets this year went down by $65? ;)

reminds me of the “convenience fee” Ticketmaster charges for buying tickets online. Convenient for who? Them! And I’m paying more for it.

Reactions: psu00
Mobile or paper. At what time should I get in line so that I see kick off for the first home game?

Mobile or paper. At what time should I get in line so that I see kick off for the first home game?
I predict a real cluster for the first few games at the gates. First of all, there will be the inevitable delays caused by people who won't know how to or can't pull up their tickets at the gate for scanning (despite all the communications provided by PSU on "how to use mobile tickets").

Secondly, unless things have changed at PSU, all those gate ticket folks are third party employees of an outside event planning company. Most of them are bused in to State College from outside the area. They are probably paid close to minimum wage, also.

Well, take a look around this country to see how low paying service industries are doing with their labor force - that's right, none of them can find enough employees to properly run their business. So, the day before the game, Sandy will receive a phone call from the event planning company telling her they will only be able to show up with 50% of their positions filled.

That means we will be looking at plenty of closed off ticket entry stalls at each gate because there won't be enough people to man each entrance. Combine that with fewer folks to do the all important metal detector scanning of each person entering the stadium ... slow moving lines everywhere.

But, it's not like the folks at PSU could anticipate these issues, could they?

I predict a real cluster for the first few games at the gates. First of all, there will be the inevitable delays caused by people who won't know how to or can't pull up their tickets at the gate for scanning (despite all the communications provided by PSU on "how to use mobile tickets").

Secondly, unless things have changed at PSU, all those gate ticket folks are third party employees of an outside event planning company. Most of them are bused in to State College from outside the area. They are probably paid close to minimum wage, also.

Well, take a look around this country to see how low paying service industries are doing with their labor force - that's right, none of them can find enough employees to properly run their business. So, the day before the game, Sandy will receive a phone call from the event planning company telling her they will only be able to show up with 50% of their positions filled.

That means we will be looking at plenty of closed off ticket entry stalls at each gate because there won't be enough people to man each entrance. Combine that with fewer folks to do the all important metal detector scanning of each person entering the stadium ... slow moving lines everywhere.

This is spot on. They couldn’t get people to work the last couple of games in 2019. We had a thread here where locals were saying they wouldn’t do the job for $50 an hour. What is minimum wage, like $8? Fuuuuuuck that to work the gates.

So, the day before the game, Sandy will receive a phone call from the event planning company telling her they will only be able to show up with 50% of their positions filled.
Sandy will probably not get a one day notice. She will find out about 2 hours before kickoff if she's lucky. I couldn't tell you haow many no shows my company has had in the last 6-8 months. I hired a manager a couple weeks ago at what would be considered a good salary. He was a no show on the day he was supposed to start. HR called him multiple times for several days. No answer, no reply. We actually thought the worst; but, it appears he is healthy. No explanation given.

Mine still aren't available on the app. I must have it set up wrong or something.

I think a lot will print. I know people who buy another persons tickets and then divides the 6 tickets amongst his group. To me it is worth the $65 to get all the tickets and hand them out once rather than transferring multiple times.

Just wait the biggest problem by far will be fans not being able to access their tickets at the gate or god forbid you try to sell or transfer any extra tickets will not be able to get a signal as I have seen that at just about every venue that I have been at this summer.

There are issues now...I expect many more issues to surface and make this a clusterfuk. I cannot sell my tickets on the app...but could from a PC. Reinstalled the app and still couldn't get past the set price screen on the app. Tickets are ONLY in the PSU app..should they also be in my Ticketmaster app as well? (which has the same email and password) I tried the ticket office, but don't feel like waiting all day on the phone to be redirected somewhere else to wait on the phone.

Sandy will probably not get a one day notice. She will find out about 2 hours before kickoff if she's lucky. I couldn't tell you haow many no shows my company has had in the last 6-8 months. I hired a manager a couple weeks ago at what would be considered a good salary. He was a no show on the day he was supposed to start. HR called him multiple times for several days. No answer, no reply. We actually thought the worst; but, it appears he is healthy. No explanation given.
So, here is what I would do if I were Sandy.

I would start planning for the inevitable NOW. That means PSU taking an active initiative to hiring local people to man the gates. Let's start with the 100's of assistant AD's and tell them they will be scanning tickets for the first few games until the temp labor force issue straightens itself out (if that will even happen this year). One of the perks of their job - LOL.

Pay the others whatever it takes - $50/hr - take it out of her highest paid AD salary in the country if she has to do that. Don't pi$$ off 100,000 customers the first few weeks of the season because you couldn't anticipate these likely problems.

Reactions: The ticket guy
How do you do this?

Actual tickets to enter the gates.
Decided over the weekend to get paper. Called this morning (43 minute waite) to order the paper.

I think I put in the wrong account and password for my ticketmaster account (instead of my PSU/nittany lion club account information) and that's why it's not finding my tickets. Now I can't figure out how to unlink my account and link the correct one. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no luck. Anyone else have this issue?

I think I put in the wrong account and password for my ticketmaster account (instead of my PSU/nittany lion club account information) and that's why it's not finding my tickets. Now I can't figure out how to unlink my account and link the correct one. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no luck. Anyone else have this issue?
Forget about the app for the time being. IIIRC, you have to reset a new password in Ticketmaster.
Your password and email address must be the same in both NLC Account & Ticketmaster.q

I would start planning for the inevitable NOW. That means PSU taking an active initiative to hiring local people to man the gates. Let's start with the 100's of assistant AD's and tell them they will be scanning tickets for the first few games until the temp labor force issue straightens itself out (if that will even happen this year). One of the perks of their job - LOL.

Pay the others whatever it takes - $50/hr - take it out of her highest paid AD salary in the country if she has to do that. Don't pi$$ off 100,000 customers the first few weeks of the season because you couldn't anticipate these likely problems.
Sandy plan now? We’ve had years where gate issues lasted the entire season without her ever fixing it. You think she’s going to have a plan in place for a problem that doesn’t technically exist yet? ;)

The funny part will be the athletic department acting shocked that there is a problem- as if no one could have possibly seen this coming.

I do expect a lot of chaos the first few games from fans not knowing what to do, limited gate staffing, poor to no internet access at the stadium, ticket transfer failure issues from 1 person to another, and the inevitable dead phone batteries.

The Auburn game with a full house at night may be really bad. Get to the gates very early.

Reactions: BBrown
I really wanted more IT related headaches intruding into my leisure time...as if I don't have enough at work. Good luck with last minute transfers with zero reception on Game Day.

Sandy plan now? We’ve had years where gate issues lasted the entire season without her ever fixing it. You think she’s going to have a plan in place for a problem that doesn’t technically exist yet? ;)

The funny part will be the athletic department acting shocked that there is a problem- as if no one could have possibly seen this coming.

I do expect a lot of chaos the first few games from fans not knowing what to do, limited gate staffing, poor to no internet access at the stadium, ticket transfer failure issues from 1 person to another, and the inevitable dead phone batteries.

The Auburn game with a full house at night may be really bad. Get to the gates very early.
+1.
Of course they probably wont open the gates any earlier. :rolleyes:

+1.
Of course they probably wont open the gates any earlier. :rolleyes:

i bet they do open the gates earlier. They’ve tried it before, and with free chicken tendies for the students. But would you rather crush that 20th natty ice or go into the stadium 2 hours early sitting there and sobering up with some chicken? Definitely the natty. It’s going to be a cluster no matter what. Traffic on atherton is gonna be back to lowes

Reactions: #1PSU
How do you do this?
I called the ticket office (800 NITTANY) and requested printed tickets, I watched TV while in the cue for 20 minutes. Gave a credit card number and then was pleasantly surprised to get my tickets within week.

I am not really sure I get the issue, but I am sure that there are some. I am also an NFL season ticket holder. The NFL has been doing only mobile tickets for at least 3 years. At the stadium I attend it works really well. I actually prefer it as I have not ever forgotten my phone, but did forget my printed tickets in years past a few times.

I do know that Wifi is an issue around Beaver Stadium. That seems like something that could be fixed.

I am not really sure I get the issue, but I am sure that there are some. I am also an NFL season ticket holder. The NFL has been doing only mobile tickets for at least 3 years. At the stadium I attend it works really well. I actually prefer it as I have not ever forgotten my phone, but did forget my printed tickets in years past a few times.

I do know that Wifi is an issue around Beaver Stadium. That seems like something that could be fixed.
Wifi has always been an issue even after the "updates" but if you load them into your wallet you don't need it anyway. But we are now adding a new ticketing procedure plus the continued security, which quite frankly was just theatre, but it still caused massive backups.
I am expecting a huge cluster fuk for the first half of the home games.
I hope I'm wrong.

I hope you're right. The multitude of glitches (break downs) deserve a truthful response by the NLC if the first game turns into a pandemonium.
You mean you expect "transparency"
giphy.gif

I was told one can get printed tickets on the day of the game for that day's game for $5 each. Anyone else hear that as well?

I'm having all sorts of issues with Google Pay not recognizing my password or giving me options to unlock it or even another security measure. I think it's because I use two gmail accounts. Google Pay's customer service hasn't been able to rectify that issue. So much for transferring my e-tickets to my e-wallet for game day to avoid wifi issues.

The reason why they started using the event companies is because locals didn't want to work and didn't want to take the child abuse training. They struggled to find enough locals for years but then when the child abuse training requirement came out interest really dried up. So they hired outsiders because they wouldn't be required to take it.

All the planning in the world is not going to help them find the necessary staffing. Locals around here don’t want to work because they enjoy game days and they normally pull staff from bigger cities and struggle. Now they are likely trying to pull from those same big cities (and maybe others) which currently have numerous businesses struggling to find labor on a daily basis because people don’t want to work. As a fan, plan for chaos. If you want to be in your seat for start of game, be prepared to give up some tailgating time. If you don’t, expect to be very frustrated at the gates.

I got my printed tickets yesterday.👍
i'm assuming we can enter any gate...I sit on the east side of Beaver, but like to enter at Gate B, then mosey around the bowl talking to ushers, opposing fans (usually the parents have a section) making my way to EE where I'll be greeting our ushers Linda, John & Arron ( all Penn State graduates) with big hugs. Linda & John have been working the 50 yd line for decades. John finally gave it up in 2018, but due to the shortage of workers, they called him back in 2019. John is 85 yrs old & the idiots have John parking at the hospital with no shuttle for the workers. Linda sent me an email in July concerning John not coming back but is in good health, looking forward to seeing Kar, myself, Don and others in the H.C. section.

John was a member of the PSU wrestling team in the 50's. Sam, their supervisor, also wrestled for PSU in the 50's. Sam died around six years ago. I was so sorry that Sam left this life, he was a really nice fellow.

link to Sam:

IMG-2122.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 91Joe95 and hohmadw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT