ADVERTISEMENT

Parking options for Rutgers game

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Forgot to order my parking pass 10 days in advance and I don't want to pay $40. What are the other parking options away from the stadium? Can I park downtown in the afternoon and leave my car all day? I heard something about parking at a mall and busing in but I've never done that.

You can buy a parking pass from a scalper. I usually see them selling on East College Ave. by the Hampton Inn area, before your turn to head to the stadium.

You can also pay a lesser amount to park in the Garage by the Nittany Lion Inn or the East Deck by the Creamery.

I got a parking pass last year for $25 on game day. You can get it far cheaper than the $40. Enjoy the game!

Forgot to order my parking pass 10 days in advance and I don't want to pay $40. What are the other parking options away from the stadium? Can I park downtown in the afternoon and leave my car all day? I heard something about parking at a mall and busing in but I've never done that.
There are the Pugh Street and Fraser Street garages downtown.

Hours of Operation and Pricing
  • Borough garages are open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
  • The first 30 minutes are always free.
  • From 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. parking rates are $0.50 per 30 minutes.
  • From 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. parking rates are reduced to $0.50 per hour.
  • Parking is free on Sunday, except during special events and PSU home football weekends.

You can park free on Rolling Ridge Dr. and take a shuttle up to the game. I think it's 2 bucks. It's behind McDonald's at the Hills Plaza on S. Atherton. They'll take you back when it's over.

There are other gameday shuttle stops around town but I don't know them. CATA website would surely tell you.

I would suggest avoiding parking in the lots or riding a bus for a night game. Everybody tries to leave at the same time and its chaos. You're better off parking downtown somewhere and walking. We usually leave our tailgating vehicle and pick it up the next day.

I'll probably have an extra parking pass. I probably won't get downtown to meet you until around 2 PM, but if you call me in the morning we can make arrangements to meet. You can have the pass for face value. My cell # is 610-5071940. If you're in the area I'll be in SC Friday afternoon.

Sorry, don't know how to PM yet. I have a pink parking pass two spots off the stadium that I'm not using. Just reimburse me for sending it. Want to keep it in good hands.

I'll probably have an extra parking pass. I probably won't get downtown to meet you until around 2 PM, but if you call me in the morning we can make arrangements to meet. You can have the pass for face value. My cell # is 610-5071940. If you're in the area I'll be in SC Friday afternoon.
Looking less and less that I'll have the extra pass. Scalpers always have a handful of them.

I would suggest avoiding parking in the lots or riding a bus for a night game. Everybody tries to leave at the same time and its chaos. You're better off parking downtown somewhere and walking. We usually leave our tailgating vehicle and pick it up the next day.
This will be my first time there. Looks like the walk is just over a mile. Does that sound right? Is there a time you need to have your car out of the lot by?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT