ADVERTISEMENT

Penn St. Lehigh

Thought DGK looked great against the youngster Taylor. That was no fish, he’s gonna be a good heavy,bet he winds up with more hardware then his predecessor.

Last edited:
Reactions: hlstone
After Hofstra, his next 3 matches will be 8 Olguin, 11 Gilcher, and 3 Amine.

That stretch will tell us a lot about this question. Especially Amine, who we know will try to wrestle as if the mat were coated in tar.
Imagine if Carr (or anyone) can give OToole a loss and Mitch wins out!
#1 seed baby!

Reactions: hlstone
Just listened to press conference after match. With Cael, Bernie and MM. They asked if SVN and AB were out because of senior nationals. He flat out said “no.” He talked about PSU not normally at their best after Thanksgiving break and made me think maybe SVN and AB missed weight? Also, they asked about Steen going today and he said “that wasn’t the plan” until this morning.

Reading between lines, either some guys sick or had to much Thanksgiving food

I always enjoy listening to the press conferences with Cael and his wrestlers. I think he is so genuine in everything he says. I don’t think he thinks twice about wrestling Steen. For whatever reason, Steen was ready and that’s it. Not an ounce of criticism either. Gary wrestled hard and had a shot at the end. Levi figured it out towards the end, and that’s great. If Levi had lost today, it would be no big deal to Cael - none at all. Kasak, a tough PA kid, almost lost it at the end but found a way to win. And that’s great, he toughed it out. I’ll bet we analyze it so much more than Cael does. It’s wrestling - you just go out and wrestle.

And if SVN or AB didn’t make weight, I’m sure it doesn’t thrill him, but I don’t think he makes a big deal of it. You make weight, you wrestle. You don’t make weight, you don’t.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Creek Side
Good match. Crookham out wrestled Nagao on the mat and that was the difference. Levi wasn’t himself but he’ll work his way back soon enough; I’m not worried about him. Bartlett looked sloppy early yet dominated. Kasack appeared to have an adrenaline dump up a weight in his first bout in Rec Hall. Win. Cochran didn’t have the horsepower against Beard but loved his aggression! Steen has improved. Mitchell, wow!! Carter, Bernie and all Greg rolled. Props to Lehigh to bringing it as usual.
Careful with that adrenaline dump talk 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Brian LB-U
Were there even any SVN or AB sightings in Rec Hall today? Didn't notice either of them on the broadcast. Just asking figuring if they weren't there, would lean more toward illness than injury or too heavy to make weight.

There will be serious NIL thrown his way to do something nobody has ever done or will do… serious Franklin’s will on the table. He’s a smart kid. Playing hard to get. An Ira will deliver.
Said in the voice of an ironturd?

Dallas Stars What GIF by NHL

• Haha
Reactions: USPMAN
Were there even any SVN or AB sightings in Rec Hall today? Didn't notice either of them on the broadcast. Just asking figuring if they weren't there, would lean more toward illness than injury or too heavy to make weight.
Definetly saw SVN a few times on TV. I believe he led team out of tunnel as well in a video I saw. Didn’t see AB

Reactions: USPMAN and Ski
SVN was there but AB I did not see

Where can I find Carter’s interview where he mentions MM?
It would be during the Ridge Riley award presentation by Byers. But I don’t know if the radio station will have a replay. GoPSu sports ****ed up so you only hear music

Steen is still Steen. He has improved a bit but today showed not enough to qualify the weight or beat 5-3 type wrestlers. I just don't understand it. The greatest dynasty in all of modern sports cannot win at 125 😂. It's like having the world's greatest football team for 5 straight years but always averaging 20 yards per punt from the punter 😂
They hung a national championship banner today and Cael became the winningest coach in Penn State history. I don't care if the punter is todays version of Matt Bahr.

Where can I find Carter’s interview where he mentions MM?
Sadly I suspect it's lost forever. LionVision archives are playing music. The radio station that streamed the match does not appear to have archives, either on its website or its parent company's site.

Steen is still Steen. He has improved a bit but today showed not enough to qualify the weight or beat 5-3 type wrestlers. I just don't understand it. The greatest dynasty in all of modern sports cannot win at 125 😂. It's like having the world's greatest football team for 5 straight years but always averaging 20 yards per punt from the punter 😂
Can you please tell us how you really feel about it? I don't necessarily pick up on it with your 2-3 messages on every page within every thread.

Agreed. It's a spoiled take. For five years we start every dual behind 3-0. I honestly think Davis or Howard would have won
Not sure why we sent steen out…read somewhere that it was a last minute decision…..not sure what’s going on with Howard…..something still seems off with him, he many never be right again, hopefully he surprises me….just wait to lightning Luke gets in the lineup

Did anyone else catch Mesenbrink's last words in that post-dual presser? He said, "I'm excited for what's coming."

Well, dip me in sh*t & roll me in breadcrumbs. I excited too! Mitchell's quickly becoming one of my favorite wrestlers! He reminds me of a young Norman Bates!

Cowgirl Im Excited GIF by Yellowstone

Last edited:
Nearly every year we have a December swoon dual, I suspect there was an even blend of tough post-Thanksgiving cuts and recovery from sickness. That said There was no need to give Leigh a 40-0 drubbing. Check that 37-3. We should have a few shutouts this year that will just seem like pilling on. This is no doubt the strongest team we have ever had.

Levi had the most curious performance despite the never in doubt pull away victory. My bet, he was sick recently.

I thought NILgao wrestled just fine. Crookham is the real deal. What has he beaten 4 top 10 wrestlers now as a Freshman in his first month? If anything I see Crookham distancing himself from Aaron as the season goes on. That's ok with me, Aaron is still top 4 material and we are lucky to have him. I see Crookham having one more loss this year, and that will be against Vito, who wrestled very sloppily against him the last time.

I really think Steen has improved in all phases and in knowing these coaches, if you took him to Beaver Stadium I'd bet his punt hang time has also improved!

Would the powers to be at Rec Hall please return to posting the wrestlers names on the scoreboard during their respective match. I don't always hear the names when they take the mat and I drive the poor guy next to me batty asking him.

It's also more difficult as the program only lists the visitors probable starters.

I know, you all will say I should have studied the Roster better over the summer.

Good match, it was fun.

Now I feel better.

Good night Mrs. Calabash wherever you are!

Did anyone else catch Mesenbrink's last words in that post-dual presser? He said, "I'm excited for what's coming."

Well, dip me in sh*t & roll me in breadcrumbs. I excited too! Mitchell's quickly becoming one of my favorite wrestlers! He reminds me of a young Norman Bates!

Cowgirl Im Excited GIF by Yellowstone
He reminds me a lot of Nolf. He's always moving forward, lots of half shots to get reactions, kind of seems to be toying with his prey and he's not afraid to mix it up and give up a takedown. Hopefully he doesn't have any type of hard cut and can stay fresh all season, it will mean he's in peak condition at Nationals while other guys have been starving themselves for months.

If I hear one more person say that Steen has improved I am going to poke my eyes out with a steak knife. He lost again! again! He will not qualify for nationals, if he does he will score ZERO points. Let Davis wrestle!!!

Super Troopers Shut Up GIF by Searchlight Pictures

First thing I thought of when I read this post….

Reactions: District four
Poor poor steen. While improving he has become part of this boards many inside jokes that will be beaten to sub death levels.

#eatitturk

• Haha
Reactions: Ruby Tues
I thought the stall calls were fairly consistent and good calls. Even the stalemates were ok and helped us as much as hurt us. Both the stalls and stalemates encouraged wrestling.
‘if more matches were called like this one it would be a better product.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT