ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State defeats Rutgers on Senior Day 27-6

Glad this is Senior day as that will give the team something to play for, and although the weather is turning colder it's supposed to be sunny so a good crowd will also help keep the team focused on the task at hand.

Rutgers has some talent and a bad start to the game or a couple careless turnovers by PSU would give Rutgers an advantage that a lethargic PSU might not overcome. Today would be a great day for one of the young WR's to break out for a 100 yard receiving game, but it might be a better day for Singleton and Allen to combine for 250 on the ground...........

Glad this is Senior day as that will give the team something to play for, and although the weather is turning colder it's supposed to be sunny so a good crowd will also help keep the team focused on the task at hand.

Rutgers has some talent and a bad start to the game or a couple careless turnovers by PSU would give Rutgers an advantage that a lethargic PSU might not overcome. Today would be a great day for one of the young WR's to break out for a 100 yard receiving game, but it might be a better day for Singleton and Allen to combine for 250 on the ground...........
There is a huge group of "seniors" being recognized. All but one - Hunter Nourzard - have eligibility remaining. Be interesting to see who moves on.

Why are we -20.5 favorites? Should be closer to -10.
Iowa won 22-0 last week vs Rutgers
Our offense and defense are better than Iowa's. If the line was -10 95% of betters would be on Penn State pushing it up.

Was this a serious question? Just because we can't be good teams doesn't make this a tough game vs a horrible team.

What young WRs?

F_OaNQKXIAATiqj

Reactions: NedFromYork
Rutgers was leading OSU at halftime and they were only trailing UM by 7 at halftime.

I can't explain the 22-0 loss to Iowa but I certainly wouldn't take them lightly.
And, Rutgers had "232 yards" rushing vs the Buckeyes; we had "49." Absolutely pathetic. Rutgers owned them in the first half. I'm sure our coaches have noticed those stats and should be embarrassed and ashamed for another piss poor running game.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Rutgers was leading OSU at halftime and they were only trailing UM by 7 at halftime.

I can't explain the 22-0 loss to Iowa but I certainly wouldn't take them lightly.

Maybe OSU and UM were looking past Rutgers, whereas Iowa knows it can't look past anybody?

They were at home against Ohio State and still lost by 19 despite the half time lead. Michigan beat them by 24. Rutgers can hang around for a little bit but this shouldn't be a stressful game heading into the 4th

Reactions: b&w1987
They were at home against Ohio State and still lost by 19 despite the half time lead. Michigan beat them by 24. Rutgers can hang around for a little bit but this shouldn't be a stressful game heading into the 4th
That's what you would like to think but the longer you let a team hang around the better the chance of getting upset. Who knows the mental state of PSU's team after last week?

That's what you would like to think but the longer you let a team hang around the better the chance of getting upset. Who knows the mental state of PSU's team after last week?
If the team quit after last week that's a bad sign for Franklin but, yes, a fair point by you.
I'm not worried at all. I expected to be watching Louisville-Miami by the fourth.

We have 0 impact defensive tackles. That's another position that James has poorly recruited. I know we get on the wide receivers, but our interior is just not very good. He doesn't believe in size. That's why he always goes after defensive ends and converted linebackers. Because he loves pass rushers but the interior still is not dominant

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT