ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State stays put at No.11 in the latest CFP rankings

Then why the games at all? Bama is going to have more talent than everyone for the foreseeable future until the kids get lazy or their offers slip (recruitniks won't catch up for years, see FSU). Just let them, UGA, and OSU play for it all with #4 picked by a dart thrown at the map.

Best because why? Bc the ranks said so? Fast lax does bust your argument. If it's based on wins, Washington and Oregon have better ones. Bama has better losses, but does that change the weight significantly?

If Bama was Miss St, Miss St doesn't get ranked as high.
That's basically what a 4 team playoff has proven to be--hence it needs to expand
I honestly can't deal with the nonsense with this. Bama quality and big wins even if you don't like them. Not once, have I ever said teams are ranked based on their best win. Not once. I said that's is the focus of the committee and the ranking show that. Bama has 2 ranked wins ON THE ROAD. On the board. Then on the board are their losses. This we why are are so far behind all the other quality 2 loss teams because we have nothing on the board. It's also why LSU is ahead of Alabama because they have better wins despite Alabama better talent.
This isn't difficult--and you're another person not this stupid that you don't comprehend this.

This was my quote--please notice the word MORE since that is apparently a difficult concept

LSU ahead of USC
Alabama ahead of Clemson
Tennessee ahead of Penn State

The committee cares more about "big wins" or "quality wins" than losses.

Because I hit it when i read it and it updated you while that happened.
You're seriously not owning you originally wrote "Washington has better win" then edited it? It's not even a big deal
You cherry picking here.. Yes, Big wins are what this committee is focused on and that is proven time and time again. I never said THE ONLY THING THEY CARE ABOUT. Resume matters. Talent matters.
You can say whatever nonsense you want but this is about Penn State having zero decent wins and you being pissed I was right about how the ranking would be today. The only question was would Tennessee be ahead of Bama or ahead of us.
People act shocked with the rankings--they're predictable if you pay attention

Jesus christ go to post 25. Your post where you quoted me (Post 24). All the teams I listed are in that post which you quoted and responded to.

Just updated post 24 to prove my point. (Hint the update didn't pull through to the quote in post 25)

Jesus christ go to post 25. Your post where you quoted me (Post 24). All the teams I listed are in that post which you quoted and responded to.

Just updated post 24 to prove my point. (Hint the update didn't pull through to the quote in post 25)
I answered that--when I hit reply it only showed the first part. Before i hit reply you updated it (as you know you did) which didn't show. I don't reread it before I respond. When I hit "post reply" I saw you added more. You aren't proving your point. You're lying for no reason as it doesn't even matter
AND YOU KNOW YOU DID IT
But the word "more" escapes your comprehension so I was simply giving you too much credit before

No they don't. Those teams aren't good. They are interchangeable with anybody 26-35. They are there to prop Bama up and that's it.
Do they have 2 wins the committee deems against ranked teams?
Are those wins on the road?
Just dealing with facts while you ignore those.

Reactions: CbusLion10
The stupid game of who beat who is total BS - a crappy ACC team with all crappy wins gets into the playoffs - it is total eye test garbage and that is why they need to expand the playoffs - if there were 12 teams in it no way a reasonable person would say number 13 got jobbed - until then the system is a POS and these people with their mental gymnastics trying to justify the current rankings are hilarious.

when I hit reply it only showed the first part. Before i hit reply you updated it

So when you hit reply it only showed the first part but before you hit reply I updated it?

I guess I have a time machine, because that's not how quoting on this website works.

Regardless your logic is flawed and you know it is.

You suck.

So when you hit reply it only showed the first part but before you hit reply I updated it?

I guess I have a time machine, because that's not how quoting on this website works.

Testing it out. Let's see if you suck pulls through

You suck.
Yes
You don't have a time machine--that is how it works--happens literally all the time
You know you edited it yet are still fighting it when it's irrelevant
You suck

• Haha
Do they have 2 wins the committee deems against ranked teams?
Are those wins on the road?
Just dealing with facts while you ignore those.

The committee can throw Purdue and Minnesota in there next week at 24 and 25 and you will ADVOCATE that Penn State STILL doesn't have a quality win.

I'm using the same logic you have argued in every Penn State thread, yet you bend it for others.

Texas and Ole Miss aren't good wins. They are just wins.

Look at that. You suck didn't pull through. Shocking.
You'd have to edit it while I'm on the screen before I hit the thing to reply
It's not complicated. Literally multiple times a day I respond how i just did there and you're the first one to pretend you didn't
And again--the edit doesn't matter. I just explained why I had to edit mine
I also deleted a post earlier for the exact same reason and you didn't argue that when I said it.

Yes
You don't have a time machine--that is how it works--happens literally all the time
You know you edited it yet are still fighting it when it's irrelevant
You suck

Edits don't pull through after you have the quote in the reply box you dumbass.

Point is you can't defend Bama over Oregon, Washington or UT using your big wins argument so you have to change the rules for those three to talk about losses and perceived talent.

The committee can throw Purdue and Minnesota in there next week at 24 and 25 and you will ADVOCATE that Penn State STILL doesn't have a quality win.

I'm using the same logic you have argued in every Penn State thread, yet you bend it for others.

Texas and Ole Miss aren't good wins. They are just wins.
Minnesota and Purdue aren't close to being in the top 25. Even close--see the other pulls
If Purdue and Minnesota are ranked I'll say Penn State has 2 ranked wins but you and I know both know they won't be
Texas and Ole Miss are considered quality wins by the committee. Your opinion (and my opinion) means nothing--see their rankings which don't and won't include Purdue or Minnesota.

Edits don't pull through after you have the quote in the reply box you dumbass.

Point is you can't defend Bama over Oregon, Washington or UT using your big wins argument so you have to change the rules for those three to talk about losses and perceived talent.
You're still not reading what I've said
I read on the screen the first part
When I hit reply it pulled your edit over with it
I didn't re-read it before I hit "post reply" therefore I had to edit it because I saw your edit carried over.
Yes, that's how it works
"More about big wins" not ONLY--comprehend simple things

Minnesota and Purdue aren't close to being in the top 25. Even close--see the other pulls
If Purdue and Minnesota are ranked I'll say Penn State has 2 ranked wins but you and I know both know they won't be
Texas and Ole Miss are considered quality wins by the committee. Your opinion (and my opinion) means nothing--see their rankings which don't and won't include Purdue or Minnesota.

Because they don't benefit anybody in the running.

I'll tell you who could slip back in next week if they both win this week: Iowa and Illinois.

You're still not reading what I've said
I read on the screen the first part
When I hit reply it pulled your edit over with it
I didn't re-read it before I hit "post reply" therefore I had to edit it because I saw your edit carried over.
Yes, that's how it works
"More about big wins" not ONLY--comprehend simple things

I. Don't. Care.

Washington. UT. Oregon.

More. Big. Wins. Than. Bama.

I. Don't. Care.

Washington. UT. Oregon.

More. Big. Wins. Than. Bama.
Right because you're still ignoring the key part of "care more about" because you're mad you're wrong
The fact you still aren't trying to claim you didn't edit it is one of the saddest things on this board. I gave you way too much credit--that's on me. Lesson learned

Right because you're still ignoring the key part of "care more about" because you're mad you're wrong
The fact you still aren't trying to claim you didn't edit it is one of the saddest things on this board. I gave you way too much credit--that's on me. Lesson learned

Where did I claim I didn't edit it? I absolutely edited it. I didn't edit it after you'd posted your response though, because if I had, those edits would not show up in your post.

Christ you're butthurt.

Where did I claim I didn't edit it? I absolutely edited it. I didn't edit it after you'd posted your response though.
Right you did
And I explained why I didn't see it because when I was on the page and hit reply it didn't show the change but you altered it between the time I went to the page and hit "reply"
You know that's what happened and you're still arguing for no reason

Right you did
And I explained why I didn't see it because when I was on the page and hit reply it didn't show the change but you altered it between the time I went to the page and hit "reply"
You know that's what happened and you're still arguing for no reason

Butthurt didn't pull through and it was the same timing on the edit.

Have a good night.

I mean, we do all comprehend Alabama is probably the most talented (at worst second) in the league. They may not have the results but that talent is undeniable as they sit at 9-2.

Love this logic. Sums you up so perfectly.

Bama has "big wins" yet also "may not have the results"

Reactions: wilbury
Didn't play them. Who did?

Ohio State and Michigan.

They are all 7-4. They all should be ranked relatively the same, difference being h2h. None are good wins regardless.
Right they did and they're not currently ranked either at 7-4. None of the Big Ten outside the big 3 are ranked. So are you trying to pretend the committee is ranking teams to help the ones they have ranked highly you're wrong

Right they did and they're not currently ranked either at 7-4. None of the Big Ten outside the big 3 are ranked. So are you trying to pretend the committee is ranking teams to help the ones they have ranked highly you're wrong

What help does OSU and Michigan need? Based on eye test, if their game is close, how can you move the loser down further than 4?

Again, watch for Iowa and Illinois to slide into 24/25 if they win this weekend. Same as Miss St getting ranked if they beat Ole Miss. As you say, it's predictable.

Doesn't mean I agree or support it.

What help does OSU and Michigan need? Based on eye test, if their game is close, how can you move the loser down further than 4?

Again, watch for Iowa and Illinois to slide into 24/25 if they win this weekend. Same as Miss St getting ranked if they beat Ole Miss. As you say, it's predictable.

Fair--Mississippi State should probably be ranked at 8-4 though if you look at their resume and Ole Miss will probably still be 24/25 even if they lose

Why? Who has Miss State beat? Who has Ole Miss beat?
No one--we're at the point now where we'd be just finding anyone to fill the last 5-7 spots. Look at their resumes--you don't think they'll be ranked at 8-4? No different than Iowa being ranked at 8-4 or Louisville at 7-4 right now

No one--we're at the point now where we'd be just finding anyone to fill the last 5-7 spots. Look at their resumes--you don't think they'll be ranked at 8-4? No different than Iowa being ranked at 8-4 or Louisville at 7-4 right now

Exactly why Bama doesn't get credit for good wins. They beat mediocre teams that they were supposed to. You can slip any of the 7-4 crew in and make the argument for whoever one wishes.

Thank you for writing this. Love ya bud! You keep me on my toes.

Exactly why Bama doesn't get credit for good wins. They beat mediocre teams that they were supposed to. You can slip any of the 7-4 crew in and make the argument for whoever one wishes.

Thank you for writing this. Love ya bud! You keep me on my toes.
Again, if the committee has them RANKED it goes as a quality win. You know it and I know it. It doesn't matter who you or I think is good.

I don't know why you think this changes anything. The lack of logic scares me

Again, if the committee has them RANKED it goes as a quality win. You know it and I know it. It doesn't matter who you or I think is good.

I don't know why you think this changes anything. The lack of logic scares me

Sounds to me like Penn State should schedule UCF, Coastal Carolina, and Tulane next year OOC. Might be 2 ranked wins to boost our resume. Got it.

I remember a time you pissed on Syracuse when they were ranked too. Why does your criteria for good wins or quality change when it benefits you? Truly, you are the one who lacks logic. "The committee says" isn't logic.

Sounds to me like Penn State should schedule UCF, Coastal Carolina, and Tulane next year OOC. Might be 2 ranked wins to boost our resume. Got it.

I remember a time you pissed on Syracuse when they were ranked too. Why does your criteria for good wins or quality change when it benefits you? Truly, you are the one who lacks logic. "The committee says" isn't logic.

because he changes his definitions to suit the argument.

LSU has big wins USC doesn't
Oregon-Oregon State is likely low because of the rivalry
Tennessee has major wins
After that it's just ranking "subpar" teams.

USC doesn't have big wins... Except for wins over current 18 and 21. Their single loss is better than either of LSU's losses. (1 point on the road to the current #14 vs 1 point home loss to #16 and a 27 point home loss to #10.) Love how everything he doubled down on defending Bama doesn't apply to this situation.

Bama has big wins though over current 20 and 23.

Last edited:
Reactions: lazydave841

Both Mich and O$U should get in if it is a close game but will never happen. U$C is a lock with two more wins. If not them then they will jump Clemson up after they beat UNC in the ACC championship.

Let's say O$U beats Mich in a close one and all others win. It could look like this...

#1 UGA
#2 O$U
#3 TCU
#4 LSU
#5 U$C
#6 Mich
#7 Bama
#8 Clemson

Then, UGA beats LSU, Oregon beats U$C, K State beats TCU, Clemson beats UNC.

Who gets the last 2 spots? I think they very well could go with Clemson (jumping Mich) checking the box of conf champ then I see TCU going instead of Mich because they made their conf championship game and they want multiple conferences represented. That will be a farce but I see this clown committee doing that.

Both Mich and O$U should get in if it is a close game but will never happen. U$C is a lock with two more wins. If not them then they will jump Clemson up after they beat UNC in the ACC championship.

Let's say O$U beats Mich in a close one and all others win. It could look like this...

#1 UGA
#2 O$U
#3 TCU
#4 LSU
#5 U$C
#6 Mich
#7 Bama
#8 Clemson

Then, UGA beats LSU, Oregon beats U$C, K State beats TCU, Clemson beats UNC.

Who gets the last 2 spots? I think they very well could go with Clemson (jumping Mich) checking the box of conf champ then I see TCU going instead of Mich because they made their conf championship game and they want multiple conferences represented. That will be a farce but I see this clown committee doing that.
Clemson would jump Michigan, TCU or Michigan would be really interesting. Michigan has the better resume but I agree they'd be tempted to put TCU, with the narrative of playing an extra game Michigan didn't have to, Michigan injuries, and Michigan's OOC schedule would be thrown in there too.

The committee has shown in the past they don’t care if a team sits home while others play in a championship. It seems more often that they give teams credit for it. Stupid. But they do.

So it’s results that matter for some rankings and perceived talent for others. It works however the committee wants it to work for a given circumstance.
Now you're getting it! The whole concept of a committee picking the best teams is stupid. We are long past due for a playoff with clearly defined qualification criteria. The simplest answer is to form a playoff consisting of every conference champ and then settle it on the field. Who cares if there might be a better team on paper that doesn't win their conference, that's how sports work.

ADVERTISEMENT