ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State vs Ohio State: Let the speculation begin

Penn State has posted the same line-up for every match this year, except the first match vs Kent State which had no Verkleeren. Also, Willie failed to mention Nick N. at heavy.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Penn State has posted the same line-up for every match this year, except the first match vs Kent State which had no Verkleeren. Also, Willie failed to mention Nick N. at heavy.
Yeah, the PSU press release is pretty much meaningless (and pretty sure Willie knows that).

I'm guessing Shak will go, though he didn't look great against UM, and RBY will sit out. No clue about Berge, who mysteriously has missed three straight matches though we're told nothing is wrong with him.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
They all go along.

They all weigh in.

From there let the games begin.

I honestly think Manville could slow Martin down and keep it to a major or less if Sugar is held out.

Verk I think would get housed by MJo. Berge wouldnt.

RBY wrestles I think because Pletch is a good matchup for a guy with a bum leg :eek::eek::oops::eek::eek::oops:

Does the dual streak matter to PSU? Or is it kind of an afterthought?

Put another way, does Cael give half a rats ass if they lose this dual but go to nationals healthy?

I ask because I don’t want to make my Friday night plans to be this match just to find out I’m getting the B squads/matchups.

TIA

Put another way, does Cael give half a rats ass if they lose this dual but go to nationals healthy?

I ask because I don’t want to make my Friday night plans to be this match just to find out I’m getting the B squads/matchups.

TIA

Haha. Whoa there, Trigger. Make no mistake, Penn State's "B Squad" can still win,.

TIA
Lee, Nolf, Joseph, Hall, Bo, Cassar.... that "B squad" alone would get anyone that watch and even beat perennial " top 10" Rutgers.

Lee, Nolf, Joseph, Hall, Bo, Cassar.... that "B squad" alone would get anyone that watch and even beat perennial " top 10" Rutgers.

wasn’t coming here for trash talk. Just insight on if the dual will be as advertised or not.

Pretty simple to say “hey banjo, the dual streak is hella important. The kids hate OSU and wanna beat them”

Or “hey, cael wants ten individual march champions so a few guys who are dinged up could be held out”

I swear sometimes it’s like trying to do open heart surgery on yourself to get an answer on an internet board.

wasn’t coming here for trash talk. Just insight on if the dual will be as advertised or not.

Pretty simple to say “hey banjo, the dual streak is hella important. The kids hate OSU and wanna beat them”

Or “hey, cael wants ten individual march champions so a few guys who are dinged up could be held out”

I swear sometimes it’s like trying to do open heart surgery on yourself to get an answer on an internet board.

Were you expecting an actual answer? Do you think people that post here actually know if RBY or Shak or Berge will be wrestling?

We don't.

TIA
Is that a trick question? Of course Cael wants to win, though it's because he wants solid effort from the guys, each bout. Get solid effort, and few teams can beat Penn State this year.

The "dual streak" is a result or symptom of wrestling with effort. In other words, looking at it another way...if all 10 guys wrestle with effort, and Penn State loses as a team, Cael will be fine with that.

Regarding wrestling guys or not, due to health, he will not (imo) put a kid at risk of additional harm, with the medical staff providing the information he needs. If a match is lost because a couple guys are out, and the effort was good, I am confident that would be ok too.

Last edited:

Hi Banjo,

When your B handle is done posting, can you send in your A handle for some hot takes on the big PSU vs tO$U match this Friday.

Just not feeling it today from your B guy and I have things to do that certainly would be more productive for my company.

Thanks in advance,
The Intranet

Hi Banjo,

When your B handle is done posting, can you send in your A handle for some hot takes on the big PSU vs tO$U match this Friday.

Just not feeling it today from your B guy and I have things to do that certainly would be more productive for my company.

Thanks in advance,
The Intranet

I think PSU wins 6-4 ..tOSU wins the first three bouts and mymar wins. They get a total of 2 bonus points.

PSU gets likely 5 bonus out of its wins. 23-14 PSU.

That’s my prediction/hot take.

Update:

I just got off the phone with Cael and he told me that Bo is going down to 184 for one last shot at MyMar, Cassar is going down to 197 to take it to Moore again, and Nevills will go at HWY.

I’m going on a date with Charlize Theron. I’m worried she might not bring her red-carpet-caliber jewelry. Should I cancel the date? :)

Of course not. What you should be worried about is what are you going to do if she actually shows up.

Check that, no worry as she will not show up. :D

TIA

I don't mean this in a mean-spirited way, but you have to admit it's ironic that you can make it through Rutgers' snoozefest matches yet are worried about not getting entertainment value from Penn State's/Ohio State's "B" squads ;).

Yeah, the PSU press release is pretty much meaningless (and pretty sure Willie knows that).

I'm guessing Shak will go, though he didn't look great against UM, and RBY will sit out. No clue about Berge, who mysteriously has missed three straight matches though we're told nothing is wrong with him.
Well, we’ve been told Berge was healthy, anyway. I don’t think confidence, cut or classes would fall into the health category, per se. I hope the next time we see him he’s 7 minutes of fury.

Update:

I just got off the phone with Cael and he told me that Bo is going down to 184 for one last shot at MyMar, Cassar is going down to 197 to take it to Moore again, and Nevills will go at HWY.

Why are some people infatuated with this plan ??

It’s impossible + reeks of desperation.

Update:

lol so i was right? (check post 53 on the other psu-osu thread)

I figured beginning that saying I just got off the phone with Cael made it pretty obvious I was kidding.

But I guess not.

You’re not the only one to post that idea this week + smiley/winky faces are useful.

Reactions: dsites52
I think PSU wins 6-4 ..tOSU wins the first three bouts and mymar wins. They get a total of 2 bonus points.

You have Berge upsetting Micah Jordan? Bold indeed.

I'm not convinced Mckenna is wrestling... no basis though. Anyone know of any confirming statements that he will be wrestling?
Also, can we lobby for Cenzo to be interviewed after the match no matter what? make it a standard post-match move!

Reactions: diggerpup
I don't mean this in a mean-spirited way, but you have to admit it's ironic that you can make it through Rutgers' snoozefest matches yet are worried about not getting entertainment value from Penn State's/Ohio State's "B" squads ;).

Not even close. This Rutgers squad has three guys and I find the rest of them pretty boring. I’ll watch the first half of the dual and 157, or get the scores and rewatch the good matches later. (I would have watched Princeton but there was a funeral to go to)

If tOSU is on a Sunday id watch either way. Friday isn’t a day I wanna “waste” on a crappy dual.

I don’t know where to ask the tOSU people if their guys are gonna sit so I only asked about PSU here.

Reactions: matter7172
I'm not convinced Mckenna is wrestling... no basis though. Anyone know of any confirming statements that he will be wrestling?
Also, can we lobby for Cenzo to be interviewed after the match no matter what? make it a standard post-match move!
I agree. I don't think McKenna will go.

You have Berge upsetting Micah Jordan? Bold indeed.

Micah is easy to scout. His bottom game is eh at best. And he has good technique but not a ton of variation in his go to takedowns (IMO). A solid game plan from the PSU guy (even Verk) makes MJ beatable (IMO)

Reactions: tabenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT