ADVERTISEMENT

Podcast Penn State's wide receiver recruiting struggles continue

Dotson was better than the #3 for the Commanders
In Dotson's defense, Washington had absolutely stunk his entire time there. He's been injured some as well. I believe his rookie year was better than year 2, but I'm going off fantasy football memory and not looking anything up.

Hopeful he becomes Daniels new favorite target, for our sake.

On the podcast they were really talking up Lyrick Samuel ('25 recruit). Saying he is underrated and should be moving to a 4 star.

Back to this season, yes,we absolutely need the WR passing game to click. Really curious what we got. Will Fleming be a bonafide #1 star? Can Wallace make the improvement? What about Liam Clifford, heard he has been one of the leaders in that room. Then you have Saunders who everyone is waiting to live up to his recruiting billing.

Hopefully he is underrated. He does have some great size, which the room has seemingly lacked since Godwin (on the field, not the roster).

Fleming? I hope we finish '24 with him as a 1a/1b guy. Unless Wallace thrives as the #1, would love to see both guys have 600-1000 yards.

Wallace? I think yes. Can he stay healthy? That's the key for him.

Clifford? I hope we accentuate what he does well. Coming out of the slot, he seemed to always be open on the short stuff. I think you have to call more passes like this for him.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Hagans push Denmark and or Gonzalez this fall. If they can play, I suspect they'll move up the chart quick. Denmark could be our fastest WR. We need speed.

Reactions: ryoder1
In Dotson's defense, Washington had absolutely stunk his entire time there. He's been injured some as well. I believe his rookie year was better than year 2, but I'm going off fantasy football memory and not looking anything up.

Hopeful he becomes Daniels new favorite target, for our sake.

Hopefully he is underrated. He does have some great size, which the room has seemingly lacked since Godwin (on the field, not the roster).

Fleming? I hope we finish '24 with him as a 1a/1b guy. Unless Wallace thrives as the #1, would love to see both guys have 600-1000 yards.

Wallace? I think yes. Can he stay healthy? That's the key for him.

Clifford? I hope we accentuate what he does well. Coming out of the slot, he seemed to always be open on the short stuff. I think you have to call more passes like this for him.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Hagans push Denmark and or Gonzalez this fall. If they can play, I suspect they'll move up the chart quick. Denmark could be our fastest WR. We need speed.
Denmark dominated that All Star game whatever it was, PA vs Maryland maybe. That would be huge if he or Gonzalez steps up and can make an impact this year.

On speed, isn't Ivey a speed guy? I guess he is lacking something like getting open.

On Clifford, I have thought he could be a great possession guy for us. Seems to have good hands, shifty moves.
To your point, hopefully Kotelnicki can design some plays for him. Could be a great option on 3rd and mid range.

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT