ADVERTISEMENT

Philadelphia 76ers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know how teams like the Sixers had a year to watch his games, have private workouts, and not see it with Tatum. He is unreal, and exactly the shot creator this Sixers team is missing.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
I watched a couple of games. Of course, there is the payoff maturity. The playoffs are much more physical and there are a lot of ugly games where you have to grind out wins. In these games, every possession counts. Sixers lost the game in the last 1.5 minutes of the first half because they lost focus...can't do that against good teams in the post season.

Structurally, I thought the sixers were slow at the guard position, defensively. Embiid is interesting. Big match up problems but not sure you want him playing the perimeter. Coaches are going to have to be smart as to how to use him. Sixers are a good point guard away from contending, IMHO.

Not that this should be much of a suprise to any Philly fan who watched this series but...the refs “missed” an important foul call on their beloved Celtics

https://es.pn/2K8BsjR

That's the NBA. there are literally thousands of calls and non-calls. They miss a ton. And, if you back it up, I am sure you find a bunch of calls that went the Sixers way. Refs swallow their whistles late in the playoffs. It is part of what makes the NBA playoffs the "second season". Its just a different game and why experience counts.

That's the NBA. there are literally thousands of calls and non-calls. They miss a ton. And, if you back it up, I am sure you find a bunch of calls that went the Sixers way. Refs swallow their whistles late in the playoffs. It is part of what makes the NBA playoffs the "second season". Its just a different game and why experience counts.

The officials have totally lost control of these games, someone is going to get really injured before the playoffs are over.

It’s sad to see.

The officials have totally lost control of these games, someone is going to get really injured before the playoffs are over.

It’s sad to see.
It's like this every year. Go back and check the antics of dramon green in the last three years. Check out the Detroit bad boys. They literally took Mark price out in a series against the Cavs years ago.

I want to know how teams like the Sixers had a year to watch his games, have private workouts, and not see it with Tatum. He is unreal, and exactly the shot creator this Sixers team is missing.

I'm a Celtics fan. But, the Sixers weren't the only team that had Fultz #1. My preference was Lonzo Ball. I know his old man
is a clown show. But, he's going t o be fine in the long run. Fortunately, Danny Ainge knows much more about basketball
than any fans. Celtics will also have 2 more lottery picks over the next few years. In addition to having a championship
contender when they get healthy. I'd guess Fultz will become a good player. Takes some longer than other. Chauncy Billups
washed out in Boston and became a heckuva player. Wouldn't write Fultz off yet.

Reactions: jmorovich
Several interesting comments coming from Brian C, Brett Brown, and Fultz in the past 24-48 hours. Brian C says he has no regrets or "buyers remorse" on drafting Fultz. He really publicly cant say much different. What was interesting, he is not committing to Fultz playing Summer league.

Brown says the Sixers need a high profile free agent to compete for the NBA title. He says Fultz really needs to play Summer league.

Fultz made a comment in his exit interview that one could view that his shoulder is still not 100%.

There also seems to be a little of an undercurrent that an off the ball shooter like George may be better fit than James. The feeling is that James may hold back Simmons development.

Should be an interesting Summer.

Several interesting comments coming from Brian C, Brett Brown, and Fultz in the past 24-48 hours. Brian C says he has no regrets or "buyers remorse" on drafting Fultz. He really publicly cant say much different. What was interesting, he is not committing to Fultz playing Summer league.

Brown says the Sixers need a high profile free agent to compete for the NBA title. He says Fultz really needs to play Summer league.

Fultz made a comment in his exit interview that one could view that his shoulder is still not 100%.

There also seems to be a little of an undercurrent that an off the ball shooter like George may be better fit than James. The feeling is that James may hold back Simmons development.

only thing holding Simmons back is a jump shot

Reactions: jrs1024

George seems a better fit to me also. I was thinking of how good the Sizers would be with a Jayson Tatum-like skill player.

Account associated with Ethan Skolnick who is a Heat reporter who covered LeBron while he played in Miami

Watched the lottery order picks yesterday.

So, now the chick from Square Pegs owns the Atlanta Hawks. Nice.

3SP.jpg

Watched the lottery order picks yesterday.

So, now the chick from Square Pegs owns the Atlanta Hawks. Nice.

3SP.jpg

I caught the Lottery from the tail end so I didn't get to hear exactly who she was but when I saw her next to De’Aaron Fox and Josh Jackson I was thinking, "This lady looks a little out of place in this element" :D

I had never heard of her. This morning a radio show I was listening to said that she's in her early 50s, married 30 years and worth over $2 Billion!

George seems a better fit to me also. I was thinking of how good the Sizers would be with a Jayson Tatum-like skill player.
I didn't focus a lot on the Knox kid from UK but his draft profile descriptions that I've read make his skillset seem similar to Tatum. If that's the case and the Sixers can get him at 10 then I'm all for it.

Brown says the Sixers need a high profile free agent to compete for the NBA title.

Did Brown really say that. Really, really weak statement if he did. He just got beat by a Celtics team with literally zero high profile stars as both of them were injured. You have what look like two potential 1st team NBA level talents in Embiid and Simmons along with the #1 pick in last year's NBA draft plus a 4th Top 10 pick in Saric plus the #10 pick in this year's draft. Just shut up and coach already.

Did Brown really say that. Really, really weak statement if he did. He just got beat by a Celtics team with literally zero high profile stars as both of them were injured. You have what look like two potential 1st team NBA level talents in Embiid and Simmons along with the #1 pick in last year's NBA draft plus a 4th Top 10 pick in Saric plus the #10 pick in this year's draft. Just shut up and coach already.

Have you had a chance to checkout the talent on that Warriors team? They are pretty good. The Sixers have room for a max contract and they are going to go out and try and get a max contract guy. Nothing wrong with what Brown said.

All these people mad at Coach Brown after he kept the team focused and together after all the tanking years, they overachieve and win 52 games and get the 3rd seed in the East, but that isn't good enough. Should have won the title with Simmons and Embiid 21 and 24 years old. Will never understand how some people think.

plus a 4th Top 10 pick in Saric

Saric was the 12th pick.

The Celtics beat the Sixers, but I'll believe they can beat the Warriors when I see it. Brown said compete for an NBA title, not win the East. Besides, if the Sixers couldn't beat the Celtics now, why would they be able to beat them next season when they have Irving and Haywood (a couple of high profile players). The Sixers need to add more than they will get with the 10th pick to get by Boston. Given they have the cap space, why wouldn't they try?

Have you had a chance to checkout the talent on that Warriors team? They are pretty good. The Sixers have room for a max contract and they are going to go out and try and get a max contract guy. Nothing wrong with what Brown said.

All these people mad at Coach Brown after he kept the team focused and together after all the tanking years, they overachieve and win 52 games and get the 3rd seed in the East, but that isn't good enough. Should have won the title with Simmons and Embiid 21 and 24 years old. Will never understand how some people think.

Nowhere did I say that Brown did a bad job (although he did get outcoached by Stevens and that was the main difference in the Celtics series). But to go out and see that the Sixers have to sign a max contract guy to compete is a bush league thing for him to say. Basically saying he can only win with a super team. You know what, sign LeBron and Paul George and I could coach the Sixers to the finals.

Basically saying he can only win with a super team. .
Again, have you seen the GSW play? They are a super team already. Maybe the Sixers could catch them in 3-4 years as we incline and they decline, but 1) do you want to wait that long and 2) are you sure embid will last that long?

I think the sixers need some veteran leadership with a lot of playoff experience. I didn't feel like they were prepared as they needed to be in the playoffs, in terms of physicality and focus. This is, of course, understandable. But the playoffs are called "the second season" because the game is so much different in the playoffs than in the regular season.

Nowhere did I say that Brown did a bad job (although he did get outcoached by Stevens and that was the main difference in the Celtics series). But to go out and see that the Sixers have to sign a max contract guy to compete is a bush league thing for him to say. Basically saying he can only win with a super team. You know what, sign LeBron and Paul George and I could coach the Sixers to the finals.

It will take a super team to beat the super team Warriors. Ain't complicated.

How is it bush league? He was asked what this team needed to take the next step and improve more. Everyone knows they need another stud. I am not sure with adding Leonard or LBJ its enough to beat GS and adding both of them still might not be enough with no depth on the bench. Not rocket science they need another horse everyone can see it and knows it

Upper management has pretty much said Jonah Bolden will be on the team next year. He had a good season in the Euro League with Tel Aviv and will do well with the up tempo play. I would like the Sixers to land George, and Leonard or Will Barton.

https://nbafire.com/2018/05/20/spurs-wants-to-trade-kawhi-to-eastern-conference-team/

Spurs wants to trade Kawhi to Eastern Conference team

Where will Kawhi Leonard end up?
A source spoke to NBA insider Peter Vecsey and said that Gregg Popovich made it clear that he was finished with Kawhi Leonard — despite the superstar’s talent. Without him playing, his talent means nothing to the Spurs. From the sound of it, Leonard’s uncle was “poisoning his mind” against the San Antonio Spursorganization.

The source was adamant though that the Kawhi Leonard trade would only be to an Eastern Conference team. The last thing the San Antonio Spurs wants to do is add another superstar team to a Western Conference that already includes the Houston Rockets and Golden State Warriors.

The teams possibly interested in Kawhi Leonard include the Cleveland Cavaliers, Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers.

https://nbafire.com/2018/05/20/spurs-wants-to-trade-kawhi-to-eastern-conference-team/

Spurs wants to trade Kawhi to Eastern Conference team

Where will Kawhi Leonard end up?

A source spoke to NBA insider Peter Vecsey and said that Gregg Popovich made it clear that he was finished with Kawhi Leonard — despite the superstar’s talent. Without him playing, his talent means nothing to the Spurs. From the sound of it, Leonard’s uncle was “poisoning his mind” against the San Antonio Spursorganization.

The source was adamant though that the Kawhi Leonard trade would only be to an Eastern Conference team. The last thing the San Antonio Spurs wants to do is add another superstar team to a Western Conference that already includes the Houston Rockets and Golden State Warriors.

The teams possibly interested in Kawhi Leonard include the Cleveland Cavaliers, Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers.

Have heard this before and it certainly makes sense. Another name that is starting to pop up is CJ McCollum from Portland.

Brett Brown agrees to 3-year extension with 76ers, source says

Philadelphia 76ers coach Brett Brown has reached agreement on a three-year contract extension, a league source told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Brown had one year left on his current deal.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23645047/brett-brown-philadelphia-76ers-agree-contract-extension
Good move and may signify a star acquisition this summer. You figure you give the guy a few seasons and a star to prove he can win a championship. Brett’s now on the clock.

This could get interesting. . .

Report: Sixers' GM Bryan Colangelo used fake Twitter accounts to argue with critics, smear former players and colleagues

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/bryan-colangelo-twitter-sixers-76ers-ringer-20180529.html

Story broke last night and has legs. Its quickly become a front page national sports story. What was he thinking?

On a side note, still no word on Fultz playing Summer league. The article where the Twitter story broke, mentions that it was in fact Fultz's mentor who messed up his shoulder by having him practice taking shots in a chair, sitting on the ground, and laying down. There are videos of this.

Reactions: WestSideLion
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT