ADVERTISEMENT

Philadelphia 76ers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see what the investigation determines. It may take more than a day to follow the electronic trails, but this stuff is not that difficult for those that specialize in it.

IF it turns out that Bryan C did did control the burner Twitter accounts, and also authored the tweets, I'll just shake my head at the stupidity. Most GMs like positive press, and take offense to attacks. That said, they usually cultivate a number of individuals in the press to whom they'll leak info provided it's not attributed to them, and via that method get their arguments out and promoted. A GM that would take to Twitter to defend themselves, and in doing so puts down current and former players of the organization, is not cut out to be a GM.

Bryan C has been in a tough position from day 1 with Sixers. Hinkie set up the process, and was very effective at it. It took longer than he, or fans, would have liked, but that was in large part due to injuries to Noel, Embiid, and Simmons, which delayed the turnaround. Some NBA owners got fed up with Hinkie being so upfront about what he was doing, so the NBA forced the Sixers to bring in Jerry C. Perhaps the NBA insisted otherwise, but I always thought that if Jerry C had stayed around as advisor, and Hinkie had remained as GM, that both sides would have been satisified. Instead, Hinkie was pushed out, and Jerry C hired his son, Bryan C, to be the GM. The optics of it were ugly, and fans that had trusted the process were, IMHO, justified in feeling that Hinkie got screwed, and Bryan C got to garner all the praise for something that Hinkie had engineered. It didn't help that Byran C's biggest moves were the trade with Boston where it appears that he got fleeced, a terrible signing/ccontract with Jerryd Bayless, and a pretty bad trade to get rid of Okafor.
FYI, Mike McCann (a pioneer in sports law) chimes in. Some serious legal entanglements in terms of betting, HIPPA laws, and NBA players association issues as well.

certainly been an amusing day on Philadelphia sports talk radio. I generally had on the background while doing other things, but I don't recall hearing a single call or host indicating that Bryan C should keep his job. Then a press release came out from the Sixers about the coach's contract extension, and Bryan C was quoted in the first paragraph of the release. That caused some to leap to the conclusion that the Sixers are working on a strategy to keep Bryan C. It almost reminded me of why I stopped listening to sports talk radio.

certainly been an amusing day on Philadelphia sports talk radio. I generally had on the background while doing other things, but I don't recall hearing a single call or host indicating that Bryan C should keep his job. Then a press release came out from the Sixers about the coach's contract extension, and Bryan C was quoted in the first paragraph of the release. That caused some to leap to the conclusion that the Sixers are working on a strategy to keep Bryan C. It almost reminded me of why I stopped listening to sports talk radio.

I hope to hell I'm wrong, but if it is up in the air if he is going to be the GM going forward why would you mention him? Don't need the boilerplate quote from him in there.

giphy.gif

ecf8ac055febc05b913d5e567ec9ccec.png

Sounds like there will be an announcement tomorrow. He left and did not attend draft tryouts in LA and Vegas that other GMs attended. Article says NBA did not want any findings announced until after Game 1 of the finals.

“The only way that he’ll get out of it is if he comes with evidence that somebody set him up,” said a league executive, speaking on condition of anonymity. “If it is out there where they can’t prove either way, I don’t think he’ll keep his job. And if there’s involvement with a family member, it doesn’t look like he has a chance either.”

He's gone.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...on-decision-76ers-ringer-report-20180531.html

Is it safe to say Colangelo isn’t going to be fired after all of this? You could hear a pin drop in Sixers land.

Has the team moved into “weather the storm” mode? With the draft and free agency right around the corner, you’d think that they would move fast if they were going to move.

Intersesting....quite a series of circumstances....according to McCann, there were some NBA insider type rules broken as well as some injury information (HIPPA rules). So there is a potential criminal element here. So, the problem is, the sixers are hindered in what they can do and say until this is better settled. And, of course, the longer this stays out there the more damaging it is to the organization.

Intersesting....quite a series of circumstances....according to McCann, there were some NBA insider type rules broken as well as some injury information (HIPPA rules). So there is a potential criminal element here. So, the problem is, the sixers are hindered in what they can do and say until this is better settled. And, of course, the longer this stays out there the more damaging it is to the organization.
I think he'll be fired tomorrow.

Yeah, I wonder if the Sixers hired the law firm as much to investigate as to find a way to fire with cause so they don't get sued. I just can't see how they go forward with BC.
I don’t know...color me skeptical until we hear he’s gone. The usual course of termination in situations like this is swift and decisive.

This is awful for the team, but the longer it lasts, the harder it is to terminate.

From the Realgm Sixers board fwiw. He knows a beat writer, I believe.

fl311 wrote:Hey Guys,

i wish i had more information to share with you. All i got this morning was a text that said "He's gone".

i dont know when it will come out but with Game 3 today, it might not be announced today. Could leak out but i dont know.

This is all i know right now. If i hear more, i will share. Please dont send me private messages asking for more information.

I have no sources in the front office so i cant answer any of those questions.

Beyond belief. How did the wife just happen to get that information to tweet? Seriously, this is new levels of dumb.

Husband goes home and sits down for dinner with the wife...bitches nonstop about how there are temples and shrines built for Hinkie, We can’t get a bag of deflated basketballs for fat ass Oakafor, Joel is good and all but man I wish he would tone it down a little because Simmons is the real future, oh...and did I mention I CANT STAND HINKIE?

Then wife who is tired of people saying $hit about her man goes out and just repeats everything by trying to defend him and say things like “not his fault he can’t trade Jah” “Simmons is the best on the team” and all their other stupid stuff he told her.

We’ve all complained about our jobs to our significant other, the difference is we don’t have jobs that rely THIS heavily on public trust and perception. Unless there are divorce papers in the works he’s gotta get fired. No one will trust him with info to then take home and blab to his wife.

If that hasnt happened, the sixers owners should sit him down and say....

CD7_BE2_D1-4374-4_DE4-_B535-_C17_DE7_F7_E9_BE.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: cment and bmw199
F*ck it, fire grandpa too. Thanks again Adam for forcing this shitty family on our organization.
We note, however, that our investigation was limited and impeded by certain actions taken by Ms. Bottini, including her decision to delete the contents of her iPhone by executing a factory reset of the device prior to surrendering it for forensic review.

That's pretty darned incriminating. It doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to put the story together.

LOL the snake blaming his wife. Bry did nothing wrong, even though the burner account he admitted to followed the other 4.

giphy.gif

Reactions: WestSideLion
I never liked the Colangelo hiring. Since that time he hasn't done a single thing that has impressed me. I'm glad his wife did this so the Sixers could move on and hire a competent GM to run the team.

Reactions: Nitwit
The Sixers improved today. This guy is a hot mess and ideas that daddy wanted to flex his muscles shows his character as well. I’m sure the Mrs likes being the fall person and getting thrown under the bus, moped, bike, Vespa, and golf cart. Good riddance. Take daddy with you.

Not really relevant to what happened today but a good buddy of mine has a really close friend that lived on the same dorm floor as BC when he was at Cornell. BC was described by my buddy’s friend as being an entitled ahole. My buddy’s friend got into more than one fist fight with BC and said BC kicked him one time while my buddy’s friend was being subdued by others.

If anyone should come across this clown, mention the Cornell shaving cream fire extinguisher dust up at the dorm and mention that Al would still relish the opportunity to kick his ass again.

Reactions: LionJim
Who will get the job? Here’s a rundown of a few potential candidates:

David Griffin

PK5PQTT3QQ5NDNOLQ6KKANKH3Q.jpg

(Kathy Willens/AP)
Griffin is widely seen as the top candidate on the market and is the likely front-runner to succeed Colangelo. As the general manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers from 2014 to 2017, he cleared the cap space to bring LeBron James home, pulled off the Kevin Love trade and put enough talent around James to break Cleveland’s half-century championship drought in 2016.

After failing to come to an agreement on a new contract with Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert last summer, Griffin walked. He has spent the past year working as an NBA TV analyst and has been the first name mentioned for every opening since.

Between availability, skill set and the fact he has a good relationship with James — who, of course, is set to become a free agent this summer and has been linked to Philadelphia — it will be a surprise if Griffin doesn’t wind up with the Sixers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...didates/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3ac6366a415c

Reactions: bmw199
Who will get the job? Here’s a rundown of a few potential candidates:

David Griffin

PK5PQTT3QQ5NDNOLQ6KKANKH3Q.jpg

(Kathy Willens/AP)
Griffin is widely seen as the top candidate on the market and is the likely front-runner to succeed Colangelo. As the general manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers from 2014 to 2017, he cleared the cap space to bring LeBron James home, pulled off the Kevin Love trade and put enough talent around James to break Cleveland’s half-century championship drought in 2016.

After failing to come to an agreement on a new contract with Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert last summer, Griffin walked. He has spent the past year working as an NBA TV analyst and has been the first name mentioned for every opening since.

Between availability, skill set and the fact he has a good relationship with James — who, of course, is set to become a free agent this summer and has been linked to Philadelphia — it will be a surprise if Griffin doesn’t wind up with the Sixers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...didates/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3ac6366a415c
Does the common sense approach continue with Griffin getting the job?

I'm looking at the tea leaves and I'm not getting a great feeling that Lebron is Philly bound and maybe thats not such a bad thing. I also think getting Paul George is a long shot.

Word today is Leonard is not interested in going back to San Antonio. Various articles and pundits over the past week said the Sixers might be able to get him for the #10, Fultz and Covington. Would hate to see Saric go. Of course, would want Leonard to agree to sign a multi year deal with the Sixers.

I think the Sixers also have the assets for a trade for CJ McCollum. Maybe the #26 pick and one of the young bench players and a second round pick of two.

Unless Will Barton comes to the Sixers as a FA, I'm not sure there is anyone else the Sixers are going to pick up that will make a big splash. Tyreke Evans could help, but not sure he is the solution.

Thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT