ADVERTISEMENT

Piped in Music

That song was being played in the stadium prior to 2005, but the "We Are Penn State" chant during the song wasn't added in until 2005. I was a student for the 01-04 seasons and, though I don't know when exactly it started, it was definitely played while I was in the student section and took me a while to get used to the chant in the middle when coming back for games after graduation.

Completely agree....and it's entirely too loud...and I'm a headbanger !!!!!

Fully agree with you both. It's constant and a sensory overload. They have it blaring until the ball is snapped. It's too loud and we need a bit of down time every now and then.

The first time I recall significant piped in music was on October 10, 1992 when visiting Miami came to Beaver Stadium. For some reason, the powers-that-be decided it was a great idea to pipe in rap music. And which of the 2 teams on the field do you think appreciated it most and fed off it? Yep, Miami. They beat us 17-14 that day and gave us our first loss of the season.

You are correct. I remember it well and was stunned by it.

who is the decision maker(s) on this? is it realistic to assume that a wave of complaints would eliminate this piped in music??? again, i dont see this in many other places. in BAMA vs FSU the two bands were prominent throughout.

WHO wants piped in music???
Alabama and Florida State played at a neutral site. What do they do at home. FSU nauseates you with the chop. Alabama ?

No you get it

its the perceived notion that Millenials want this therefore it must be done.

Problem with that is 51% Millenials don't know what they want, and they certainly do not know college football, they only know what they want to "experience" You want sweet caroline" go to a karaoke bar. You want the PA lottery sponsoring beat the clock with a skit that doesn't beat any clock then go to your local high school amateur hour.

I too want to hear the band play during down moments of the game

The gameday experience is becoming more embarrassing (from a PSU alumni perspective)every year. At least if your gonna do that stuff, then do it professionally and not half assed.

filling every minute of the game is not a requirement.
I don't care for the piped in music but it's not because I want to hear the band. I just don't see a need for not stop noise. I'm more fed up with the timeouts. Way too many breaks and these games go on forever.

I don't care for the piped in music but it's not because I want to hear the band. I just don't see a need for not stop noise. I'm more fed up with the timeouts. Way too many breaks and these games go on forever.
Just a small observation. The games aren't too long. The broadcast is too long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT