ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh Pirates 2021 Season Thread

Kid will be giving Arenado a run for his money in the gold glove department
And Yes The Jolly Roger goes up for the third time in four games at St Louis!

Rookie Max Krancik throws 5 Perfect innings while Frazier and Reynolds stay hot.

Polanco with a meaningless home run after fanning with the bases loaded earlier. while (hello) Newman takes the collar with four trips to the plate. On to Colorado for a day game tomorrow!

Reactions: TheGLOV
And Yes The Jolly Roger goes up for the third time in four games at St Louis!

Rookie Max Krancik throws 5 Perfect innings while Frazier and Reynolds stay hot.

Polanco with a meaningless home run after fanning with the bases loaded earlier. while (hello) Newman takes the collar with four trips to the plate. On to Colorado for a day game tomorrow!
A local NEPA lad. Great debut.

Kranick went back to the minors today
An amazing story. He was drafted in 2016 but never played above high A ball until this year. Went from AA to AAA to the bigs. First game in the bigs he goes five perfect innings until it rained over an hour and had to be pulled. Threw only 50 pitches in five innings, 36 strikes. First pitcher to leave after five perfect innings in major league debut since 1893.

Shipped to the minors as they need another reliever. Perhaps he will be back soon. He earned another shot.

Reactions: bison13 and TheGLOV
An amazing story. He was drafted in 2016 but never played above high A ball until this year. Went from AA to AAA to the bigs. First game in the bigs he goes five perfect innings until it rained over an hour and had to be pulled. Threw only 50 pitches in five innings, 36 strikes. First pitcher to leave after five perfect innings in major league debut since 1893.

Shipped to the minors as they need another reliever. Perhaps he will be back soon. He earned another shot.

I'm sure they are aware of his potential.

He will be called up when the rosters are expanded; if not sooner. IMO.

So, I have been watching the latest abomination, 9-1 loss to the Brew Crew. And this is 7 straight losses now I believe? Or 6? And NOT ONCE IN 3 HOURS HAS GREG BROWN OR BOB WALK MENTIONED IT.

It's just pathetic how far up Nuttings ass everyone in this Mickey mouse organization is.

Annual Pirate yard sale approaching. What team will get Frazier for nothing?
Oh no, Nutting is a master at this. He knows when the heat is on, it will call too much attention to what he is about.

He will give Frazier away at next seasons trade deadline when it's safe....and I promise you that the return will be nothing.

That may be but on the 4th of July we are raising the Jolly Roger!!!

Kevin Newman remains Red Hot with his third Home Run of the season and about third hit in about a week half to carry the Buccos to the win.

Brew Crew had won 11 straight games.

Anderson, Bednar, and Rich Rod with the shutout.

Hayes has hit the wall DNP

Frazier and Reynolds are cooling off.

That may be but on the 4th of July we are raising the Jolly Roger!!!

Kevin Newman remains Red Hot with his third Home Run of the season and about third hit in about a week half to carry the Buccos to the win.

Brew Crew had won 11 straight games.

Anderson, Bednar, and Rich Rod with the shutout.

Hayes has hit the wall DNP

Frazier and Reynolds are cooling off.
30-53. On pace for a final record of 62-100...and you watch as Nutting will do everything he can to keep the loss total under 100...MLB is getting closer and closer to exposing him and he doesn't want any more light shining on how he does things.

Gamel is a beast
Raise The Jolly Roger on the 5th of July! Gamel in Beast mode leads the Buccos in a 14 hit and 11 run barrage of the Bravos. Gamel with 2 home runs, a double and 6 RBI's.

Frazier, Reynolds and Hayes with big games including a Hayes HR. De Jong picks up his first win by limiting the Braves to 1 run in five innings.

Hello Newman goes O for 4 lowering his average to .206.

Whole approach is little league. Oliva comes up bases loaded 2 outs. First pitch he sees is a 83 mph batting practice meatball right down the middle. He takes because that's what this little league franchise preaches. 1 pitch later he sees ANOTHER meatball center cut and takes again because he is supposed to. Of course the next pitch he's scared of stricking out so a harmless dribbler ends the inning.

Pure Pirates, lol. Just about any other team and ots a 2-1 lead.

Hayes a beast.
Another win.
Yes! The Bucs Raise The Jolly Roger for the third straight game! Polanco & Evans to the DL, but don't worry Castro and the light hitting Mr. Great Hair Tucker are called up to fill the void. Kuhl continues to return to form with assistance from the bullpen and solid defense. Rich Rod picks up the win after the Bravos walk Hayes and Reynolds in the bottom of the ninth to force in the winning run. Frazier with two hits and Hayes with two doubles. The Bucs are searching the closet for more blue smoke and mirrors heading in to a Wednesday matinee in search of a Sweep of the Braves. Hard to imagine that will happen, but Freeman did tweak his back and was not moving so well.

Hello Newman had the day off.

One side note from around the league.....

The Cubs lose their 11th straight game.....what a shame.....thanks in part to Pittsburgh Favorite Andrew McCutchen's third career Grand Slam and second of the season.

Yes! The Bucs Raise The Jolly Roger for the third straight game! Polanco & Evans to the DL, but don't worry Castro and the light hitting Mr. Great Hair Tucker are called up to fill the void. Kuhl continues to return to form with assistance from the bullpen and solid defense. Rich Rod picks up the win after the Bravos walk Hayes and Reynolds in the bottom of the ninth to force in the winning run. Frazier with two hits and Hayes with two doubles. The Bucs are searching the closet for more blue smoke and mirrors heading in to a Wednesday matinee in search of a Sweep of the Braves. Hard to imagine that will happen, but Freeman did tweak his back and was not moving so well.

Hello Newman had the day off.

One side note from around the league.....

The Cubs lose their 11th straight game.....what a shame.....thanks in part to Pittsburgh Favorite Andrew McCutchen's third career Grand Slam and second of the season.

Way to go Cutch!!!

Way to go Cutch!!!
Two of my Favorite things happened this afternoon!!!!!

Raising The Jolly Roger!!!!!
AND
Mucking The Fets!!!!

I wonder if Noah Syndergaard found time to watch the Shitty Pirates this afternoon???

Anderson solid on the mound! Reynolds robbed by Nimmo of a home run in the first. Tight game in the fifth with Marcus "oil can" Stroman on the mound for the mets.......talking to the ball and kissing it......Tyler Hamilton GOES DEEP TO GIVE THE BUCCOS THE LEAD.
Reynolds adds 2 runs with a redemption home run in the 6th to cap a 2 for 3 day. Hayes with a 1 for 3 including a hustling rbi double in the 7th . Nogo continues his hot streak with 2 hits.

Newman did not play. Cole Tucker wears the collar with 3 trips to the plate, 2 of which had runners on. Tucker also embarrasses himself on a bounding ball hit right at him in the sixth that he plays like a matador that's afraid to get hit.

On to game 2 of the double header!!!

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think Syndergaard is playing this year. I have my fingers crossed for Carrasco’s return who could be a solid #2.

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think Syndergaard is playing this year. I have my fingers crossed for Carrasco’s return who could be a solid #2.
MUCK THE FETS!!!!!! And Raise The Jolly Roger after a HUGE comeback win heading in to the All Star Break!!!! I wonder if Noah Syndergaard enjoyed the game?

22 year old Rodolfo Castro with two home runs in two innings and a Sweet play at third base keep the Pirates in it after the Mets jump out to 5-0 lead in the first inning. De Jong got shelled in the first but then righted the ship to finish five innings.

Kevin Newman with a CLUTCH double in the ninth to give Pirates hope, before John Nogo tells the Mets Not Gonna Happen today. All this against the Mets vaunted closer in the ninth who benefited from a shit called third strike in the eighth.

The Adam Frazier hitting clinic continues with a 3 hit day to give him 115 hits at all star break leading all of baseball. One hit saw him go to one knee taking a ball to left.
Frazier becomes fifth Pirate to lead MLB in hits at the break.

Paul Waner 1937
Dick Groat 1960
Don Clendenon 1965
Matty Alou 1969
Adam Frazier 2021

.....nice company.....

Difo, Frazier, Castro, NEWMAN, and Nogo all with multi hit days. Perez hits his 6th home run. Not bad for a back up catcher.

Pirates are off till Friday when the Fets come to Pittsburgh.

MLB draft coming up at 7 P.M. I like Leiter......but think it will be a Mayer.

22 year old Rodolfo Castro with two home runs

I guess Castro is the heir apparent to Frazier at 2nd once Frazier is traded, dontcha think? Certainly doesn't look like the major-league game is too big for him. I hate to lose Fraz, but if we can get a haul for him and insert Castro, not the worst thing in the world.

Last edited:
I guess Castro is the heir apparent to Frazier at 2nd once Frazier is traded, dontcha think? Certainly doesn't look like the major-league game is too big for him. I hate to lose Fraz, but if we can get a haul for him and insert Castro, not the worst thing in the world.
Two of Castro's hrs have come after ten pitch at bats. Has shown a great eye and approach. Beautiful left handed swing with great hands and lag. Has a Great swagger in the field. Played third today. I would say he could play SS, 2nd and fill in at third.

Went with the Louisville catcher Henry Davis #1 overall. Can't say that I disagree. No stud catchers in the farm system and obviously great catchers are hard to find. Hit 370 the last 2 years and threw out 46% last season. 6'2 210 has some pop and walks more than he strikes out. I hope it pans out.

Went with the Louisville catcher Henry Davis #1 overall. Can't say that I disagree. No stud catchers in the farm system and obviously great catchers are hard to find. Hit 370 the last 2 years and threw out 46% last season. 6'2 210 has some pop and walks more than he strikes out. I hope it pans out.
A great break for him. He gets to be in a system that will quickly move him up to the bigs and get him some solid experience. Then as soon as he shows he is ready for the bigs, he will get traded to a contender as the trade deadline nears. Move up quick, get traded to a contender when ready. Then get huge contract.

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!

Pirates beat the Mets.

Screw that punk-ass Stroman!

LOL!!

Last edited:
Raise The Jolly Roger as the Buccos Muck The Fets once again!!!

An eventful game that included highlights such as:

Adam Frazier picks up where he left off with a big two run single to give the Pirates the lead.

Chad Kuhl pitches his way out of jams multiple times.

Nogo starting his ninth game in the majors lines out to end the fifth inning and has something to say to Stroman as he celebrates, which empties both benches.

Wilmer Diro crushes HR to right to stretch the Pirates lead to 3 - 1.

Bryan Reynolds crushes HR to right center makes it 4 - 1 Bucs!

Richard Rodriguez notches save number 13 sealing the deal for Kuhl's 3rd win.

Newman with a hit! Sadly Newman commits his FIRST error of the season.

Night Game tomorrow looks like Megill for the Fets and Crowe for the Bucs.

No word on whether Noah "call me Thor" Syndergaard was able to watch the "Shitty Pirates" beat his Fets for the 3rd time in a week!!!

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!

Pirates beat the Mets.

LOL!!

One additional note....Lindor left tonight's game with a strain to his side in the fifth. I would guess he is questionable for the next few games.

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!

Pirates beat the Mets.

LOL!!

This just in....

Noah "Call Me Thor" Syndergaard was on the bench for tonight's game and participated in the bench clearing fifth inning action. So happy he didn't have to rely on his MLB Tv package to see the "Shiity Pirates" take down his Fets!!!!

Five Draftees sign
The Pirates announced on Friday that they have signed five of their 21 selections in the MLB Draft. Shortstop Mike Jarvis (sixth round), catcher Wyatt Hendrie (seventh), right-hander Sean Sullivan (eighth), outfielder Luke Brown (ninth) and right-hander Justin Meis (10th) all inked deals on Friday. All five will report to the Florida Complex League.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT