ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Who is your choice as the next James Bond?

• Thread starter anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
  • Start date

Who is your choice as the next James Bond?

• Damian Lewis

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Idris Elba

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Tom Hardy

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Michael Fassbender

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Orlando Bloom

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Henry Cavill

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Hugh Jackman

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Tom Hiddleston

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Dominic West

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Christian Bale

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

I really like Daniel Craig as Bond but I guess 'Spectre' will be his last (and I'm really looking forward to it). Some interesting names being floated around, but since I know there are Bond enthusiasts on this board I thought I'd see who folks here like/prefer.

Anyway, all of these actors are supposedly contenders - who do you like? If you have a write-in, please share!

1. Damian Lewis - Best known as Brody on Homeland

damian-lewis_0.jpg

2. Idris Elba - Best known as Stringer on The Wire and as Luthor in Luthor...

Idris-Elba-3.jpg

3. Tom Hardy - Best known as Bane and Mad Max...

tumblr_nf8m4xn5oA1sm3ubao2_1280.jpg

4. Michael Fassbender - Best known as Magneto and Lt. Archie Hicox...

tumblr_lwpag0tg4o1qfnq1do1_r1_1280.jpg

5. Orlando Bloom - Best known as Legolas and Will Turner...

5Qnt3xF.jpg

6. Henry Cavill - Best known as Superman...

the-man-from-uncle-henry-cavill-1.jpg

7. Hugh Jackman - Best known as Wolverine...

Montblanc_Hugh_Jackman_PR_Behind_the_Scene_image2.jpg

8. Tom Hiddleston - Best known as Loki...

tumblr_inline_n1duipR2Rp1qgp297.png

9. Dominic West - Best known as McNulty on The Wire...

dominic-west-uk-premiere-john-carter-02.jpg

10. Christian Bale - Best known as Batman and Patrick Bateman...

christian-bale-net-worth1.jpg

I'm thinkin they should go in a different direction. Maybe someone like Salma Hayek. Could prove very interesting when paired with the bond girls.

Damien Lewis, Tom Hardy, but how about CLIVE OWEN?

Whomever they pick, he will have BIG shoes to fill. All due respect to Sean Connery (iconic in the role), my favorite Bond has been Craig (and full disclosure, I thought he was a terrible choice when he got the gig...glad I was wrong).

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I'm on board with Hardy and Fassbender. Elba would be the out of the box choice for obvious reasons (but he's awesome in everything he does). My issue with Hardy and Fassbender though is overexposure - between the two of them, they have franchise characters (Mad Max, Magneto, Assassin's Creed, etc.) in the works and are very in demand actors for obvious reasons. I liked Craig as Bond because with few exceptions, it was nearly all he was doing. Hiddleston is interesting, but for me, Bond should look like he can kick your ass. I don't get that from Hiddleston, and especially not Bloom.

They're all too old.

And, for the most part, too well-known.

Unless Spectre is a flop (unlikely) Craig will be doing Bond 25 in 2018 and EON will be looking for a replacement in 2021.

If I had to guess, I would say Jeremy Irvine.

I'd like to see a true brit. Even a black brit, at that. I don't know brit tv or cinema, but I'd like to see an up and coming actor get the part.

I'm against named stars to get it. Makes it too unbelievable. If Bale got it, I'd be wondering why Batman is 007.

Jmho but a poll about who should be the next Bond girl would be way more interesting.

The thing I like about Craig is that he broke the old Bond mold (suave, debonair, polished, never a hair out of place, etc.). His more rugged version was a departure that worked big-time for the character...I find his Bond vastly more intriguing than say Brosnan's (who wasn't bad) precisely because it is something different. This is why I hope they don't go back to a Hugh Grant-esc kind of Bond...they'd lose the momentum that Craig has given the character.

Damian Lewis....not best known for Homeland but as Lt. Dick Winters in "Band of Brothers!" (didn't know he was a brit!)

Right! Same for Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender!

(Hardy on right, Fassbender on left)

band-of-brothers-why-we-fight-fassbender-hardy.jpg

They can't go with someone with a 'boyish' look, nor someone with a too 'polished' look. That is why I found Craig to be perfect for the roll.

Someone like James McAvoy or Richard Armitage would do Bond justice. If they were go back in time and do some younger Bond stuff (like MI 6 training), think Alex Pettyfer, Jamie Bell, or Colin Morgan would be interesting... just hope to God they stay away from Daniel Radcliffe!!!!!!!

Fassbender would be best to keep the classic debonair of Bond but still play the fast paced action of the recent movies.

The thing I like about Craig is that he broke the old Bond mold (suave, debonair, polished, never a hair out of place, etc.). His more rugged version was a departure that worked big-time for the character...I find his Bond vastly more intriguing than say Brosnan's (who wasn't bad) precisely because it is something different. This is why I hope they don't go back to a Hugh Grant-esc kind of Bond...they'd lose the momentum that Craig has given the character.

In other words, he doesn't look anything like Ian Fleming's Bond. I hate Craig as Bond.

Reactions: simons96
as a fan of the books, I think Craig actually captures the soul of Ian Fleming's Bond better than any previous actor. Bond is a severely flawed and damaged person, lacking self awareness of his own homicidal tendencies.

I guess that my problem is that Fleming consistently describes Bond as "good looking" and I don't think that Craig is good looking. I think that he looks like a thug.

Reactions: simons96
I guess that my problem is that Fleming consistently describes Bond as "good looking" and I don't think that Craig is good looking. I think that he looks like a thug.

I think he is dreamy, not that there's anything wrong with that!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT