ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Who's the Hottest? Emmy Edition!

Who's the Hottest? 2017 Emmy Edition!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

Girls in fancy dresses! You get three picks - let's go! Write-in's (with pics) welcome!

1. Shailene Woodley, Big Little Lies

sub-buzz-22818-1505691687-3.jpg

2. Ariel Winter, Modern Family

sub-buzz-28854-1505690735-6.jpg

3. Amanda Crew, Silicon Valley

sub-buzz-14328-1505688479-1.jpg

4. Sofia Vergara, Modern Family

sub-buzz-15811-1505688802-1.jpg

5. Heidi Klum, Project Runway

sub-buzz-15233-1505690393-8.jpg

6. Reese Witherspoon, Big Little Lies

sub-buzz-18024-1505692697-1.jpg

7. Jessica Biel

sub-buzz-15655-1505690202-4.jpg

8. Thandie Newton, Westworld

sub-buzz-31612-1505692804-3.jpg

9. Padma Lakshmi, Top Chef

sub-buzz-14234-1505687069-4.jpg

10. Michelle Pfieffer

sub-buzz-27969-1505690414-15.jpg

excellent job, Midnighter. This is a tough one ... nobody stands out immediately as the clear winner. I'm going to take some time to think about my vote. I will note that IMHO, Ariel Winter should disregard in the future whomever suggested to her that she wear that outfit to the Emmy Awards.

excellent job, Midnighter. This is a tough one ... nobody stands out immediately as the clear winner. I'm going to take some time to think about my vote. I will note that IMHO, Ariel Winter should disregard in the future whomever suggested to her that she wear that outfit to the Emmy Awards.

I really wanted to get Keri Russell into the poll but couldn't find any good solo shots - just a lot of her with her husband/fiance. Winter was the last to make the cut and yeah - not my favorite look. She's pretty but short and curvy - I get what they were going for - make her look taller with more leg showing, but didn't work.

Look at Michele Pfiefer's hand. Can do a little plastic surgery on the face to look younger (and for her age, she looks great) but the veiny hands are a give away.

Consider that someone at the boutique where she bought that dress HAD to have told her that it "looked good" on her.

Hard to believe, but I did not find any of these women looking good - or at least to my tastes - I guess I am not a guy who really likes the "prom dress" look.

But, if I had to pick one, I would go with Thandie Newton.
Agree but...

This hit, that ice cold Mechelle Pfeiffer, that white gold.

In the situation you point out, have to go with the classics.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Happy to see the lovely Amanda Crew in the lead - she's awesome in Silicon Valley and went pretty risque with her dress.

amanda-crew-in-gq-magazine-tthailand-april-2015-issue_6.jpg

Reactions: crayfish67
after much consideration ...

Thandie Newton for the win, Michelle Pfieffer to place, and Sofia Vergara to show.

Thandie was always in the running, but I kept coming back to her understated, classic look.

Michelle Pfieffer, well, just look at her.

My 3rd place vote was the toughest for me. I kept going back and forth between Heidi Klum and Sofia Vergara. At one point I thought I might go with Heidi for the win, but her hair is so out-of-step with an otherwise great look. In the end, her hair bumped her out of the top 3. If Sofia is only getting a bronze medal, you know the competition was pretty darn good. ;)

Amanda Crew deserves some special kudos. She would have been in my top 3 if her outfit was a little more classic.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
after much consideration ...

Thandie Newton for the win, Michelle Pfieffer to place, and Sofia Vergara to show.

Thandie was always in the running, but I kept coming back to her understated, classic look.

Michelle Pfieffer, well, just look at her.

My 3rd place vote was the toughest for me. I kept going back and forth between Heidi Klum and Sofia Vergara. At one point I thought I might go with Heidi for the win, but her hair is so out-of-step with an otherwise great look. In the end, her hair bumped her out of the top 3. If Sofia is only getting a bronze medal, you know the competition was pretty darn good. ;)

Amanda Crew deserves some special kudos. She would have been in my top 3 if her outfit was a little more classic.

I love Amanda Crew and had she gone with a more classic color palette (black, gold, or red sequence) she would have really knocked it out of the park. Having said that, props to her for going see-through....

Old enough to know trend is moving back to designer carpet.
I do prefer a little "throw" that ties the whole room together! But, I also find hardwood floors to be warm and inviting. Shag is very old school and keeping it clean (squeaky clean) is a challenge but I've really never shied away from a classic shaggy carpet! Occasionally, I've suggested we give it a good ole fashioned shampoo before allowing any heavy foot traffic just as a precaution! ;)

I do prefer a little "throw" that ties the whole room together! But, I also find hardwood floors to be warm and inviting. Shag is very old school and keeping it clean (squeaky clean) is a challenge but I've really never shied away from a classic shaggy carpet! Occasionally, I've suggested we give it a good ole fashioned shampoo before allowing any heavy foot traffic just as a precaution! ;)
Just be careful it's not a merkin.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
Ariel Winter?

Sorry, but you've got to be kidding me!

She got the fifth most votes and outscored Pfieffer, Lakshmi, Newton, Witherspoon, Woodley, and Klum. Not kidding.

While I do try to be open to other people's POVs in the polls, as I know each of us has different tastes, I'm with Illinois on this one. If the poll caused you to rank them from 10 (best) to 1 (worst), Ariel would have gotten a 1 from me. smh

Girls in fancy dresses! You get three picks - let's go! Write-in's (with pics) welcome!

1. Shailene Woodley, Big Little Lies

sub-buzz-22818-1505691687-3.jpg

2. Ariel Winter, Modern Family

sub-buzz-28854-1505690735-6.jpg

3. Amanda Crew, Silicon Valley

sub-buzz-14328-1505688479-1.jpg

4. Sofia Vergara, Modern Family

sub-buzz-15811-1505688802-1.jpg

5. Heidi Klum, Project Runway

sub-buzz-15233-1505690393-8.jpg

6. Reese Witherspoon, Big Little Lies

sub-buzz-18024-1505692697-1.jpg

7. Jessica Biel

sub-buzz-15655-1505690202-4.jpg

8. Thandie Newton, Westworld

sub-buzz-31612-1505692804-3.jpg

9. Padma Lakshmi, Top Chef

sub-buzz-14234-1505687069-4.jpg

10. Michelle Pfieffer

sub-buzz-27969-1505690414-15.jpg

None of the above!

While I do try to be open to other people's POVs in the polls, as I know each of us has different tastes, I'm with Illinois on this one. If the poll caused you to rank them from 10 (best) to 1 (worst), Ariel would have gotten a 1 from me. smh

Let me help this bowser of a poll Tom.

You don't have to thank me. Always glad to come to your aid sir.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT