ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Who's the Hottest? 2018 Emmy's Edition....

Who's the Hottest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

I know no one cares. Vote or don't. You can vote for up to three.

1. Jessica Biel

727bc09e-8c1d-456d-b254-fbb37ff823cd-XXX_Entertainment__70th_Annual_Emmy_Awards_20180917_USA_djm_210.JPG

2. Heidi Klum

d7a58e8f-b7cd-4ae5-a391-280c4ce0b8a0-XXX_Entertainment__70th_Annual_Emmy_Awards_20180917_USA_djm_107.JPG

3. Scarlett Johansson

scarlett1.jpg

4. Connie Britton

connie.jpg

5. Alison Brie

alison-brie1.jpg

6. Mandy Moore

mandy.jpg

7. Cara Buono

buono.jpg

8. Keri Russell

keri.jpg

9. Thandie Newton

emmys-2018-red-carpet-all-the-looks-ss35.jpg

10. Kristen Bell

emmys-2018-red-carpet-all-the-looks-ss04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The one I would most like to meet is Rachael Brosnahan. That show is a hoot if you haven't seen it, witty like a 1930s sex comedy, only quite a bit bawdier.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Thanks for the pic! Yeah she has movie star written all over her. Just kills every scene, every line. It's really hard to do comedy, probably much harder than serious drama. But period comedy, to do an early 1960s upper west side JAP -- just to get the accent right, but then the character -- whose life falls apart and she remakes herself, to be that vulnerable and yet smart alecky and super funny at the same time -- I can't even imagine how hard it is to pull that off. That is an acting tour de force.

There is so much incredible talent out there. A lot of the others on the list -- yes they're gorgeous but they're also really talented. Kristen Bell is great in everything, so's Alison Brie.

She's wonderful on that show and was great in House of Cards. Picking up your flag....

1035122110-rachel-brosnahan-1537230284.jpg

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Thanks for the pic! Yeah she has movie star written all over her. Just kills every scene, every line. It's really hard to do comedy, probably much harder than serious drama. But period comedy, to do an early 1960s upper west side JAP -- just to get the accent right, but then the character -- whose life falls apart and she remakes herself, to be that vulnerable and yet smart alecky and super funny at the same time -- I can't even imagine how hard it is to pull that off. That is an acting tour de force.

There is so much incredible talent out there. A lot of the others on the list -- yes they're gorgeous but they're also really talented. Kristen Bell is great in everything, so's Alison Brie.

Kristen Bell annoys me. She seems like one of those self absorbed holier than thou "mommy bloggers". Because you know....her kids are the center of her universe and they should be the center of yours too.

I decided this poll deserves some real thought.

The pictures of Jessica Biel used to support her vote are from several years ago.
She used to be remarkably lovely, with a good figure, primarily due to her sensational legs/butt.
But now she has no bustline at all; she is almost more haggardly than beautiful...as if she determinedly destroyed her attractiveness so she could be seen as a better actress than a beauty.
Of course she is still very good looking compared to the average girl on the street, but a truly great beauty, like she was, sadly no more.
Kind of a lesser version of the wanton destruction of Jennifer Connelly (for which someone MUST be punished).
I doubt there is any coming back for her.

I remember thinking Heidi Klum was good looking many, many years ago...then I saw her in a bikini and saw what having several children had done to her.
She peaked about 20 years ago.

Kristen Bell is and always was very cute. ...the type that will be less affected by age than most.

Connie Britton...never a great beauty, but attractive and still so....hanging in there pretty well.

Mandy Moore...an example of a woman who actually benefits from some age. She has improved over the years.

Keri Russell.....skin and bones; even her face is thin and bony. Never understood how anyone could find her attractive...but she showed herself to be an excellent actress.

Thandie Newton - cute face, but a body like Keri Russell.

Cara Buono - couldnt cara less bout her.

That leaves two contenders....Alison and Scarlett.
I love Alison Brie. She can be cute, sexy, girl-next-door, sultry, and would probably be more fun to hang out with than any one. Wonderful figure without being too much of anything.
BUT - she is in DANGER.
Show business has a way of destroying these women.
The more successful they become, the thinner they must be.
She has already become a bit too thin.
It is difficult to find a picture of her smiling nowadays.
This is because she is always hungry. It is difficult to smile when you are hungry.
SHE NEEDS OUR HELP.

Scarlett has always known how to maximize her attractiveness.
When younger she really worked her bosom with attire than made her appear more voluptuous than she really was.
But she definitely appears to have slimmed down some.
She has less figure now than when younger, but she may be more attractive than before.
She knows what works for her, and about everything does.
I’m still not sure I think she is a good actress...but she has had her hair in every shade of blonde, red, and brown, and in every hairstyle there is...every color and type of gown, dress or whatever, and she ALWAYS looks good.

Alison or Scarlett...geez, why must life be so difficult.

I know no one cares. Vote or don't. You can vote for up to three.

1. Jessica Biel

727bc09e-8c1d-456d-b254-fbb37ff823cd-XXX_Entertainment__70th_Annual_Emmy_Awards_20180917_USA_djm_210.JPG

2. Heidi Klum

d7a58e8f-b7cd-4ae5-a391-280c4ce0b8a0-XXX_Entertainment__70th_Annual_Emmy_Awards_20180917_USA_djm_107.JPG

3. Scarlett Johansson

scarlett1.jpg

4. Connie Britton

connie.jpg

5. Alison Brie

alison-brie1.jpg

6. Mandy Moore

mandy.jpg

7. Cara Buono

buono.jpg

8. Keri Russell

keri.jpg

9. Thandie Newton

emmys-2018-red-carpet-all-the-looks-ss35.jpg

10. Kristen Bell

emmys-2018-red-carpet-all-the-looks-ss04.jpg
What's wrong with this board? Midnighter takes the time to do this poll with all these lovely ladies and he gets just a couple "likes"? I know he didn't do it for that reason, but how about showing a bit of gratitude? :)

What's wrong with this board? Midnighter takes the time to do this poll with all these lovely ladies and he gets just a couple "likes"? I know he didn't do it for that reason, but how about showing a bit of gratitude? :)

Thanks fair; the work is it’s own reward ;). Got a few more poll ideas from the responses here - will see how they go...

I voted for Heidi Klum just just based on the photos but if we were to look for hottest photos of any of these ladies in Hollywood, Jessica Biel would win.

could be, but a few thoughts:

1. that's why there's a poll. You may prefer vanilla, while the next guy prefers chocolate, and the next guy prefers strawberry. None are wrong, and none are more right -- just personal preferences
2. it's a tradition on this board to have polls after major award ceremonies. The polls are based on how the "contestants," looked on the runway of the award ceremony, not on how they've looked at some point in the past, when they were younger, or in a role where they were wearing very few threads

Two ladies I saw in some of the pics from the Emmys that I'm surprised that you didn't include in the poll:

1. Penelope Cruz

180918-best-worst-dressed-emmys-78.jpg

2. Padma Lakshmi

GettyImages-1035091914.jpg

Yeah, there were a few more I would have liked to include (Angela Sarafan, Betty Gilpin, Emilia Clarke, Kirstin Dunst) but only so much room. Russell is a fave and I thought she would do well but she didn’t look as great as she has in other shows. Buono was my final choice but I loved her in Mad Men so much I had to include her. Padma and Penelope looked awesome though.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
could be, but a few thoughts:

1. that's why there's a poll. You may prefer vanilla, while the next guy prefers chocolate, and the next guy prefers strawberry. None are wrong, and none are more right -- just personal preferences
2. it's a tradition on this board to have polls after major award ceremonies. The polls are based on how the "contestants," looked on the runway of the award ceremony, not on how they've looked at some point in the past, when they were younger, or in a role where they were wearing very few threads
Tom, you are getting so anaclitical :)!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT