ADVERTISEMENT

Post Mark Hall Interview Following His Win Against Marinelli

I'm continually impressed by Mr. Hall's maturity... .. composed both on and off the mat.. love his mindset in just "wanting to scrap".. and his statement that "not a lot of guys on this planet that are tougher than I am".... .. walks the walk and there is not too many folks that could take the pressure of a #1 generational type-wrestler status with equally unbelievable expectations other than Mark Hall.... .. he seems to THRIVE in the pressure....
What I am even more excited about is what Mark's influence will be within the room and on the recruiting trails for the next 10 years... His personality is contagious and can't see too many top flight wrestlers not wanting to share the room and continually just get better with the talents of a Mark Hall rolling around with you...

I have seen comments from posters that claim Hall will take an Olympic redshirt year followed
by a redshirt year before competing in college. In the interview, he stated he is 19 years old.
I can't imagine someone with his talent waiting until he is 22 years old to begin his
collegiate wrestling career.

You can't take an Oly RS unless it's an Olympic year and you meet the qualifications. What some are proposing he'd do is defer a year of enrollment to go to the OTC, which is different than taking an Oly RS. Then, taking a RS, which sounds kind of expensive.

You can't take an Oly RS unless it's an Olympic year and you meet the qualifications. What some are proposing he'd do is defer a year of enrollment to go to the OTC, which is different than taking an Oly RS. Then, taking a RS, which sounds kind of expensive.

I sure hope he doesnt delay 2 years; I want to see him in same lineup with Nickal etal for more than just one year.

I have seen comments from posters that claim Hall will take an Olympic redshirt year followed by a redshirt year before competing in college. In the interview, he stated he is 19 years old.
I can't imagine someone with his talent waiting until he is 22 years old to begin his
collegiate wrestling career.
Matt Brown took 3 years, shirt + mission.

Mark Hall is an extremely well composed young man. Well spoken and his comments sharing the experience at the BJC... shows that from a 1st time viewer... the BJC is one special place on wrestling day.

Last edited:
He's a heck of a talent and person it seems. I watched the prodigy on Flo about him and it was very telling of his character. His parents have done one heck of a job raising that young man. With him being 19 now you would think sooner rather than later. He may do the Olympic option and then straight to PSU's starting lineup. I honestly don't think he needs a redshirt year at PSU...he's a national title contender from jump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT