ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction: Penn State 31 Wisconsin 10

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Yes, I'm nervous about this game...as I am about all games except for the Kent States of the world. Wisconsin is a good team. They have some good players. And they're on a roll while playing in the spotlight at home.

But I think we've got too much talent and speed across the board...plus we're coming in on an emotional high of our own after the come-from-behind win over USC...plus Drew found something in himself to lead that comeback featuring not one but two hair-raising 4th-down throws on the final drive in regulation. Making plays like that puts something good in a QB's head.

In the end, the Badgers are starting a back-up QB who has performed like a back-up. He makes mistakes. I think we're going to get pressure on him. I think we're going to take away their run early on. I think Drew is going to have a big game, which will loosen things up for Nick and Kaytron.

I think Wisconsin will come in pumped and the emotional rush may keep things respectable in the first half..but I think we establish control at some point in the 2nd quarter and pull away in the 2nd half. I see a nice win heading into the Lions Den against the mighty Buckeyes.

Then again, I could be wrong...

Yes, I'm nervous about this game...as I am about all games except for the Kent States of the world. Wisconsin is a good team. They have some good players. And they're on a roll while playing in the spotlight at home.

But I think we've got too much talent and speed across the board...plus we're coming in on an emotional high of our own after the come-from-behind win over USC...plus Drew found something in himself to lead that comeback featuring not one but two hair-raising 4th-down throws on the final drive in regulation. Making plays like that puts something good in a QB's head.

In the end, the Badgers are starting a back-up QB who has performed like a back-up. He makes mistakes. I think we're going to get pressure on him. I think we're going to take away their run early on. I think Drew is going to have a big game, which will loosen things up for Nick and Kaytron.

I think Wisconsin will come in pumped and the emotional rush may keep things respectable in the first half..but I think we establish control at some point in the 2nd quarter and pull away in the 2nd half. I see a nice win heading into the Lions Den against the mighty Buckeyes.

Jerry - you predict 31-10 and you claim you are nervous? I'm going with 24 - 17 with Wisconsin driving at the end. Now that's nervous! lol...

I think you are close. Could be 31-17 or 31-14. Penn State wins by at least two scores.

Allar will show he has matured and will carry the momentum from USC on to this game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT