ADVERTISEMENT

Football PRESS RELEASE: Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Sells Out (11) Ole Miss vs. (10) Penn State Showdown

You do realize that the vast majority of players (on both teams) aren't going to get drafted and will never play in the NFL, right?

The guys are playing to be Peach Bowl champions. They are playing for the school, for their coaches, for their teammates, for their fans, for themselves. They are playing because they love the game. 95% of the guys that are playing don't give two shits about the NFL draft.

Oh, you didn't realize that dipshit speaks for all collegiate athletes? This jackass is so far beyond ridiculous (starting with his posing as a PSU fan so he can troll the board - doesn't get much more childish and asinine than that), it isn't even funny - why I put him on ignore a long time ago.

Oh, you didn't realize that dipshit speaks for all collegiate athletes? This jackass is so far beyond ridiculous (starting with his posing as a PSU fan so he can troll the board - doesn't get much more childish and asinine than that), it isn't even funny - why I put him on ignore a long time ago.
You allegedly put me on ignore because I called you out. And talking about me isn't ignoring me.

Actually based on your lengthy second response I got more than a nibble, I’m reeling this big fish in! It is funny to me that you’re so adamant to insist your opinion is fact when it clearly is not. I’ll tell what are the facts. Bowl games count towards every teams final record and can effect their final ranking. Players stats count and can help them set records or become a school’s all time leader in a myriad of categories. PSU has one of the best all time bowl records and the Peach Bowl is the only NY6 bowl they have yet to win so a win only adds to that. Finally the Peach Bowl is sold out and the B10/SEC matchup is going to be a great game and the fact that so many PSU players are not opting out just lends to the importance of this game.

I have dolt-boy on ignore, but it is rather amusing that he uses the oldest of "Logical Fallacies" - declaring himself the winner (i.e., self-declaring his clear absurd "opinions" as fact) - which automatically makes him the loser under accepted forensic debating rules (especially when you're trying to cancel absolute facts with your made-up self-declared "facts" that are nothing more than your inane, absurd opinion.... - IOW, claiming your inane, absurd fantasy opinion held by only you trumps actual objective "facts" in the real world!).

Rather amusing that the governing body of NCAA Sports considers them actual games, 100% of NCAA FBS Conferences consider them actual games, the results count toward each teams actual record, statistics count toward coach and players stats, etc., etc., etc...... IOW, everybody in the real world except for dolt-boy considers them an actual game and not a "scrimmage" (in his opinion), but he's right and you're wrong - don't you know???

I don't at all. We could lose like Syracuse did and I wouldn't be critical at all. This is simply a reward for those interested. If I was Franklin those graduating and entering the draft would play a series or two at most. I'd want to see the younger guys who will be back next year in a game setting. There's way more value to that than winning.
So, it’s not meaningless.

So, it’s not meaningless.

The CFP NY6 Bowl participants equals teams that would have made the new CFP 12-Team Championship (i.e., CFB finally has a true post-season "Playoff" where the National Championship will be determined on the field in a 4-Round 12-team "play off" [i.e., top 4 seeds would have to go 3-0 on field of play in postseason against the other most deserving teams to claim championship and seeds 8-12 would have to go 4-0 on the field of play against the most deserving teams to win Championship.]). Winning or losing also has a significant impact your Final Ranking. IOW, consistently making it to a CFP NY6 and winning these games has an extremely big impact on the program's profile and recruiting marketability - IOW, making, and winning, CFP NY6 Bowls is not only meaningful, but extremely important to a program's future in the form of the program's lifeblood - recruiting and national profile. Anyone who thinks it is "unimportant" that PSU has gone to more CFP NY6 Bowls than all but 4 programs (and has won more than all but 3 programs) is a complete moron (or actually a troll in this case - intentionally spouting nonsense because he's an a-hole fan of another team).

I don't at all. We could lose like Syracuse did and I wouldn't be critical at all. This is simply a reward for those interested. If I was Franklin those graduating and entering the draft would play a series or two at most. I'd want to see the younger guys who will be back next year in a game setting. There's way more value to that than winning.
All the games after Michigan did not matter, right? You are correct that only 3 games are left that have any effect on the National Championship and that is your premise for saying every other game is meaningless. Meaningless is a strong word or exhibition or whatever term you want to use because it ignores all the other aspects of why the game is important. But I think you may or have said the game has value just not any value related to winning the NC? Do you agree with that?

All the games after Michigan did not matter, right? You are correct that only 3 games are left that have any effect on the National Championship and that is your premise for saying every other game is meaningless. Meaningless is a strong word or exhibition or whatever term you want to use because it ignores all the other aspects of why the game is important. But I think you may or have said the game has value just not any value related to winning the NC? Do you agree with that?

Well look at the amount of advertising Disney/ABC/ESPN are doing for the game - touting it as a NY6 SEC-B1G matchup.... That's all free advertising for PSU.

The regular season matters but, yes, essentially once you're eliminated the games become meaningless in the grand scheme of things which is why a larger playoff is desperately needed.
Correct--the outcome has no meaning as there's 4 teams left in contention. That makes the game meaningless.

The regular season matters but, yes, essentially once you're eliminated the games become meaningless in the grand scheme of things which is why a larger playoff is desperately needed.
Correct--the outcome has no meaning as there's 4 teams left in contention. That makes the game meaningless.
So by that logic every player destined as a high draft choice should sit out as soon as his team is eliminated. At 0-2 quit. Ridiculous position.

So by that logic every player destined as a high draft choice should sit out as soon as his team is eliminated. At 0-2 quit. Ridiculous position.
I have never once said any player should sit out a regular season game. That's part of the season. Bowl games are just a reward. You all are trying to make bowl game something that matters to criticize those that don't go. The sooner the bowls tie the better

You're arguing with a moronic a-hole troll - anybody who says a team's final record and ranking is unimportant and don't matter to the team's national profile and recruiting - both HS graduates and the transfer portal (i.e., the program's lifeblood) - is a complete moron. I ignored the idiot double-talking troll-boy some time ago and would recommend you do the same.

There are aspects of the game that are not meaningless. Gives us practice time for younger players. Can build momentum for the next season. Generates fan interest and provides a nice trip for fans, counts towards our overall won loss, affects our final rankings, can influence recruiting and more. So yes, the actual result is meaningless related to the CFP and a title. But to generically make the blanket statement that the game is meaningless is wrong. I would say..."the game result is meaningless in terms of deciding the national champion but the game has value and is meaningful to the PSU program because..."(what I referenced above).

Reactions: 81b&w
There are aspects of the game that are not meaningless. Gives us practice time for younger players. Can build momentum for the next season. Generates fan interest and provides a nice trip for fans, counts towards our overall won loss, affects our final rankings, can influence recruiting and more. So yes, the actual result is meaningless related to the CFP and a title. But to generically make the blanket statement that the game is meaningless is wrong. I would say..."the game result is meaningless in terms of deciding the national champion but the game has value and is meaningful to the PSU program because..."(what I referenced above).

Again, you're attempting to talk common sense to a proven troll who spews nothing but endless inanities aimed at demeaning PSU.

• Love
Reactions: Westcoast24
I have never once said any player should sit out a regular season game. That's part of the season. Bowl games are just a reward. You all are trying to make bowl game something that matters to criticize those that don't go. The sooner the bowls tie the better
Why not? By your ridiculous logic The games are meaningless. Meaningless bowl, meaningless regular season both meaningless. If you were even remotely consistent I might disagree with your opinion but respect it none the less but you're completely inconsistent. As such your opinion has no value at all. Bye.

You're arguing with a moronic a-hole troll - anybody who says a team's final record and ranking is unimportant and don't matter to the team's national profile and recruiting - both HS graduates and the transfer portal (i.e., the program's lifeblood) - is a complete moron. I ignored the idiot double-talking troll-boy some time ago and would recommend you do the same.
I know but sometimes it's just fun to highlight his inconsistencies for a laugh.

So other aspects of the game, like younger players getting PT, are meaningful. I'm glad you agree that the game is not meaningless. Feel free to move the goalposts again.
You're moving the goal posts. The game has no meaning. When the outcome isn't relevant the game is a scrimmage. It has the same meaning as the Blue White game which I've always said.

It's not wrong. If the outcome is irrelevant the game is meaningless. The outcome has zero impact on college football. People need to stop living in the past with this nonsense.

Why not? By your ridiculous logic The games are meaningless. Meaningless bowl, meaningless regular season both meaningless. If you were even remotely consistent I might disagree with your opinion but respect it none the less but you're completely inconsistent. As such your opinion has no value at all. Bye.
Because that's part of their "contract" with their scholarship. The bowl isn't as the semester is over as is the season. There's no inconsistency--you just don't like it. I always love the "bye" because you know you're wrong.

The regular season matters. The playoff matters. The bowl games don't.

The guys that aren't opting out are the ones entering the draft. They aren't doing this for a Peach Bowl title (i mean, come one) they're doing it for draft status. Chop isn't playing because he doesn't need it for that.

For the graduating seniors that aren't looking to play it's simply one last chance to play the game you love. That doesn't make it a meaningful game. You all keep taking "meaning" to have something to do with other the landscape of college football. There's 4 teams left that have games that matter. We all know that even if we don't admit it.

I love how you always add the "everyone knows that bs" because you believe it. If the National Championship is the end all do all, then why would only a small percentage of fans remember last years winner?

I love how you always add the "everyone knows that bs" because you believe it. If the National Championship is the end all do all, then why would only a small percentage of fans remember last years winner?
Only a small percent remember Georgia won? Come on
Guarantee you way more know that then who won any bowl game outside the playoff
This argument is like saying people dont remember who one the Super Bowl or WS. Fans of the sport do. Fans that only watch their team don't.

Because that's part of their "contract" with their scholarship. The bowl isn't as the semester is over as is the season. There's no inconsistency--you just don't like it. I always love the "bye" because you know you're wrong.

The regular season matters. The playoff matters. The bowl games don't.
What a bunch a malarkey! Where is there a player contract that says they need to play in the regular season, but not in the bowl games?

Reactions: johnmpsu
What a bunch a malarkey! Where is there a player contract that says they need to play in the regular season, but not in the bowl games?

There is no "player contract" - buttmunch is making it up as he goes along as per usual. Student-athletes have Scholarships. A player can stop playing whenever they want if they're planning on leaving school to enter the Draft - why would someone need a scholarship to pay tuition if they're not planning on enrolling in classes anymore?

When does the semester end?

Ask yourself when do players opt out?

Why is the obvious confusing for you?

Quote from Jets-Commanders game
"In a meaningless game that means so much to this team"
That's what a bowl game is. It's a simple concept.

It looks like MHJ and Henderson are playing in the Cotton Bowl and OSU hasn’t had any opt outs. Day apparently doesn’t think a NY6 bowl game is meaningless.
“Winning the Cotton Bowl means a lot to the people of Ohio," Day said Saturday. "It means a lot to Ohio State. It means a lot to our team to win this game and do it the right way. And so that’s what we’re gonna do this week.”

So other aspects of the game, like younger players getting PT, are meaningful. I'm glad you agree that the game is not meaningless. Feel free to move the goalposts again.
He does move them. I believe he would rather bang his head on the goalposts than move them, tho.

Reactions: BOSCO2
It looks like MHJ and Henderson are playing in the Cotton Bowl and OSU hasn’t had any opt outs. Day apparently doesn’t think a NY6 bowl game is meaningless.
“Winning the Cotton Bowl means a lot to the people of Ohio," Day said Saturday. "It means a lot to Ohio State. It means a lot to our team to win this game and do it the right way. And so that’s what we’re gonna do this week.”
Any response Lando? BTW, Sagarin has WVU ranked 41st. Are the still a horrible team? You also sold that you would admit that you were wrong g if WV got eight wins, but I haven't seen you post that. Maybe I missed it.

Reactions: bison13
Any response Lando? BTW, Sagarin has WVU ranked 41st. Are the still a horrible team? You also sold that you would admit that you were wrong g if WV got eight wins, but I haven't seen you post that. Maybe I missed it.
Yes WVU is an awful team. I admitted the day after they won 8 I was wrong about that. Again, I'm one of the few that ever acknowledge that.

And, again, people playing in a game for any reason doesn't make it meaningful. See the quote for the Jets-Commanders game. Also Harrison nor Henderson declared yet unless I missed something but it's like Ula. If they want to play great. They get a free trip and SWAG. Most players could use more quality film. Chop MHJ Caleb Williams etc are the exception so it's a choice. What helps you more. Prepping for the combine or hopefully getting better film. MHJ likely won't even run at the combine so he can anything he wants.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT