ADVERTISEMENT

PSU #8 in AP preseason poll

Michigan also plays Texas and USC. I just don't see Michigan beating both of them especially Texas in game #2 as it will take time to get basically a totally new offense rolling under a coach with no previous HC experience

Texas is going to be interesting. Whole new group of WRs and RBs for Ewers. Lost their DL. Defense wasn't really good last year, they just rode a sentiment of "they beat Bama" straight to the playoff.

Michigan, even with a reloaded offense, is a terrible matchup for them. The defense probably won't give up more than 17. Michigan will run run run PA run some more.

At the end of the season, both could have 3 losses or more.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
Texas is going to be interesting. Whole new group of WRs and RBs for Ewers. Lost their DL. Defense wasn't really good last year, they just rode a sentiment of "they beat Bama" straight to the playoff.

Michigan, even with a reloaded offense, is a terrible matchup for them. The defense probably won't give up more than 17. Michigan will run run run PA run some more.

At the end of the season, both could have 3 losses or more.
Keep in mind though, Michigan lost their top 6 OL from 2023 and I think that was their top unit. They opened up massive holes for Corum and Edwards and protected McCarthy well

Reactions: lazydave841
Keep in mind though, Michigan lost their top 6 OL from 2023 and I think that was their top unit. They opened up massive holes for Corum and Edwards and protected McCarthy well

Agree 100%. They will both be top 10 when they meet, but I'm not sure if both finish there.

I'm not wrong on this. No one is ranked after 25 because if we were trying to determine 26 then people would vote until 26.
You can't claim this poll determines anything after 25 because you don't know how everyone votes on those numbers.
This is simple. Only an idiot, like most of the people on this board who still don't comprehend bowls don't have meaning, wouldn't comprehend it.
Again--how is this determining who is ranked 33rd when they aren't voting to that number. Hell, WVU might be much higher if people voted to 50 or ranked all the teams. This isn't complicated. People question my intelligence when apparently after Penn State (assuming you all remember any of it) you needed to go to Northwestern or somewhere else like I did.
My goodness.

What you are suggesting is that every voter ONLY votes for the 25 teams that are depicted in the released poll. That isn’t how it works. Some voters vote for PSU. Some Don’t. Some vote for WVU. Some Don’t. They tally up all the points from all the votes and Voila! They know who is in the Top 25. The top point-getter is #1. The next highest is #2. I’ll leave it to you to do the Taylor series expansion and see what happens once you get to 25 and then 26 and beyond. You don’t need a PSU degree, a NW degree or CalTech degree to figure it out. You only need a third-grade education and an ounce of common sense.

Reactions: Madman_1 and GSPMax
My goodness.

What you are suggesting is that every voter ONLY votes for the 25 teams that are depicted in the released poll. That isn’t how it works. Some voters vote for PSU. Some Don’t. Some vote for WVU. Some Don’t. They tally up all the points from all the votes and Voila! They know who is in the Top 25. The top point-getter is #1. The next highest is #2. I’ll leave it to you to do the Taylor series expansion and see what happens once you get to 25 and then 26 and beyond. You don’t need a PSU degree, a NW degree or CalTech degree to figure it out. You only need a third-grade education and an ounce of common sense.
My head hurts...you can't be this stupid.
Again, since this is to difficult for you to comprehend, do they list a ranking next to other votes or not? There's your answer dumbass.

It's like saying Colorado is ranked 38th (making up a number) because someone in Denver or Boulder threw them in at 25. Nothing matters after 25 because if they were ranking 26 teams that would alter the numbers. Common sense which is always lost on you

Michigan also plays Texas and USC. I just don't see Michigan beating both of them especially Texas in game #2 as it will take time to get basically a totally new offense rolling under a coach with no previous HC experience
They will beat USC at home. Texas will be tough although again at home for them. Would love to see Texas beat them in AA but not so sure they will.

My head hurts...you can't be this stupid.
Again, since this is to difficult for you to comprehend, do they list a ranking next to other votes or not? There's your answer dumbass.

It's like saying Colorado is ranked 38th (making up a number) because someone in Denver or Boulder threw them in at 25. Nothing matters after 25 because if they were ranking 26 teams that would alter the numbers. Common sense which is always lost on you
I think the same about you in this topic. You cannot possibly be this ignorant but every utterance digs you further in to the cluelessness abyss.

The way the #8 team is determined is no different than the #26 team. The fact that only up to 25 are “recognized” is immaterial.

Reactions: GSPMax
I think the same about you in this topic. You cannot possibly be this ignorant but every utterance digs you further in to the cluelessness abyss.

The way the #8 team is determined is no different than the #26 team. The fact that only up to 25 are “recognized” is immaterial.
They don't determine the 26th ranked team. That's the entire point.
If Penn State beats West Virginia it will say we beat an unranked team. The other votes don't determine ranking and never have
If you want to say where WVU is "ranked" then use FPI or any system that is determining rankings beyond 25.

They don't determine the 26th ranked team. That's the entire point.
If Penn State beats West Virginia it will say we beat an unranked team. The other votes don't determine ranking and never have
If you want to say where WVU is "ranked" then use FPI or any system that is determining rankings beyond 25.
They absolutely do determine the 26th team. That is how they figure out the 25 teams above them. As I said, the fact that they only list the “Top 25” immaterial. It’s complex, I know. But it’s true.

Let me diverge for a moment and use the argument/illogic you choose in this thread against one of your other obsessions: college bowl games being meaningless.

Bowl games are scheduled. Players, coaches and fans look forward to them. Bowl games are played on the field by actual college players from the schools they represent. Score is kept. There is a winner. There is a loser. The game result is recorded and goes in to the record book.

In this thread, you are trying to assert that there is not such thing as a 26th ranked team because they only “publish” 25. That’s the official position. In the college bowl scenario, everything about them is “official” - the game, the score, the stats, the desire, the passion, the rooting - and therefore not a meaningless exhibition.

Checkmate, my friend.

Reactions: Madman_1
They absolutely do determine the 26th team. That is how they figure out the 25 teams above them. As I said, the fact that they only list the “Top 25” immaterial. It’s complex, I know. But it’s true.

Let me diverge for a moment and use the argument/illogic you choose in this thread against one of your other obsessions: college bowl games being meaningless.

Bowl games are scheduled. Players, coaches and fans look forward to them. Bowl games are played on the field by actual college players from the schools they represent. Score is kept. There is a winner. There is a loser. The game result is recorded and goes in to the record book.

In this thread, you are trying to assert that there is not such thing as a 26th ranked team because they only “publish” 25. That’s the official position. In the college bowl scenario, everything about them is “official” - the game, the score, the stats, the desire, the passion, the rooting - and therefore not a meaningless exhibition.

Checkmate, my friend.
If they determined the 26th ranked team then it wouldn't be a win
You're just strong. So wrong.
They count the record of bowl games so you continue to watch them. Come back in 5 years and see what's happening in bowl games but you think rankings go on for anyone that got a single vote so I can't fix stupid as much as I try.
Maybe you can spend the next couple weeks terrified over WVU.
Again, use their FPI ranking if you want to use a ranking.

If they determined the 26th ranked team then it wouldn't be a win
You're just strong. So wrong.
They count the record of bowl games so you continue to watch them. Come back in 5 years and see what's happening in bowl games but you think rankings go on for anyone that got a single vote so I can't fix stupid as much as I try.
Maybe you can spend the next couple weeks terrified over WVU.
Again, use their FPI ranking if you want to use a ranking.
WVU is ranked 35 in FPI and 33 in Massey, so right where the AP says they are.

Reactions: GSPMax
WVU is ranked 35 in FPI and 33 in Massey, so right where the AP says they are.
And you can use those valid rankings but the AP doesn't rank anyone after 25. You also want to learn the best way to determine the quality of competition using FPI but you still think receiving votes in a poll ranking 25 teams means someone is ranked 33rd so I'm wasting my time trying to explain basic concepts.

An under the radar team to keep an eye on is Oklahoma State. They return 21 starters and the nations leading rusher and have a very favorable B-12 schedule. They could very well play in the B-12 CG with 0 or 1 loss. (If Gundy can just avoid the idiotic loss to Troy State or similar in non con games.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT