ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

If Carter wins 4, I think the pressure of being 'the one and only' 5x'er in NCAA history will be intense. Then again walking away as a 4x'er, possibly PSUs first is absolutely in play.

That said let's get real. Although he is the favorite, it's not like he has won his past finals matches by majors. He is currently 2/5ths of the way there. If I were roster planning for 2 years from now, I would plan on him not being here, while being pleasantly surprised otherwise.

If Carter wins 4, I think the pressure of being 'the one and only' 5x'er in NCAA history will be intense. Then again walking away as a 4x'er, possibly PSUs first is absolutely in play.

That said let's get real. Although he is the favorite, it's not like he has won his past finals matches by majors. He is currently 2/5ths of the way there. If I were roster planning for 2 years from now, I would plan on him not being here, while being pleasantly surprised otherwise.

Apparently this h.s. yr, Connor is at 195 and Cole at HWT, so they may end up size-wise as Barr, Ryder, Connor, and Cole, with Fricchione between 195-hwt
Connor wrestled 182 for most of the year, 195 postseason.

Cole wrestled 195 for much of the year, going 285 in the postseason.

Their postseason weight shifts appear to be more about making room for teammates than their own sizes. We'll see what weights they go at Fargo and the like.

Just like RBY all last offseason, put me in the camp that all of our big dogs will use every bit of eligibility that is available to them. Kerk, Starocci, and Brooks.

Reactions: Zukovski and RandyL
sometimes??LOL
jim carrey harry GIF

• Haha
Reactions: johnstownsteel
I’m all over the place when it comes to figuring you out. Sometimes your posts are brilliant. I’m thinking you excel when you keep it simple…. :)
Have the damn party and invite him. Have it at your girlfriends, say early June. Invite Tull and Max should be home. Tell Max to bring Kemdawg and we will all make fun of the Brands and tell Iowa jokes.

Have the damn party and invite him. Have it at your girlfriends, say early June. Invite Tull and Max should be home. Tell Max to bring Kemdawg and we will all make fun of the Brands and tell Iowa jokes.
Dude??? I know Tull is old man strong, but have you watched Big 10 the last two weeks?

Max can take a beating!

Reactions: nitlion6
So we should hope Levi can make 157 one more season then right? Then take his redshirt until Facundo can move up and Carter can clear out if he goes for 5??
Maybe Cael already knows that Carter has one more year… Cael has a plan. I’d say I’d trust him more than any recent coach in going about dominating. He finds the right guys and the right fit.

You can say that again 😂😂

Yeah, definitely agree. If he has a chance to be the first and possibly only ever 5-timer, I’d be shocked if he didn’t take it, but we have over a year and two championships in between before that’s even a point of discussion. A lot has to happen first.

Yeah, definitely agree. If he has a chance to be the first and possibly only ever 5-timer, I’d be shocked if he didn’t take it, but we have over a year and two championships in between before that’s even a point of discussion. A lot has to happen first.
As driven as Carter is, I can't imagine being the only one to win 5 isn't a goal. That's a very unique pedestal to be placed on and good chance it doesn't happen again. As you said, that's a long ways from now and a lot can change.

I can definitely see him doing a light schedule for the 5th year to avoid what we saw in Iowa with their old guys.

As driven as Carter is, I can't imagine being the only one to win 5 isn't a goal. That's a very unique pedestal to be placed on and good chance it doesn't happen again. As you said, that's a long ways from now and a lot can change.

I can definitely see him doing a light schedule for the 5th year to avoid what we saw in Iowa with their old guys.
Right!
That is quite the accomplishment to put on a resume.

Heck, I am still happy that I got our team 7 team points in a match to win a dual meet.

Right!
That is quite the accomplishment to put on a resume.

Heck, I am still happy that I got our team 7 team points in a match to win a dual meet.
Folks, this is a great post and all but do not let it distract you from the fact that Al Bundy once scored 4 touchdowns in one game...leading his Polk High Panthers against Andrew Johnson High and his arch nemesis Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon in the 1966 City Championship game.

I wonder if us getting the Mirasola twins might help with Davino. To be honest, I heard the kid wasn't super enamored with us (he took an official visit and was prioritized by Cael) It was Missouri/Wisconsin for a while and he was leaning Wisconsin.

Lilledahl I've mentioned for a while I thought we were in a good spot for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT