ADVERTISEMENT

Question about NFL Sunday Ticket TV...

Nashville Lion

Sep 25, 2005
For those of you who don't know this...NFL Sunday ticket is now offered to almost everyone via a streaming option. They no longer require the dish. This is great news.

I had a question for those of you who have used this before.

I downloaded the app on my phone and Roku device for tv. I assume once the season starts, you go into the app and you can select from the various games fairly easily. Is that right? Any issues with the streaming for those of you who have used prior?

Any other thoughts, good or bad? Thanks in advance.

For those of you who don't know this...NFL Sunday ticket is now offered to almost everyone via a streaming option. They no longer require the dish. This is great news.

I downloaded the app on my phone and Roku device for tv. I assume once the season starts, you go into the app and you can select from the various games fairly easily. Is that right? Any issues with the streaming for those of you who have used prior?

I had it for two years and had no issues. Easy to use and good quality.

It’s pretty much like you said...you just go in and select the game you’d like and watch it. Local games aren’t available (those on your CBS/Fox), but you should be able to get them on your local TV.

does this include live video of drunken fights in the stands or is that an extra pay option?

sorry, the power of the snark was too much for me to resist.

Serious question: why bother? I get my WFT games on local channels every Sunday plus at least one additional afternoon game plus both Sunday and Monday night games. I’m pretty sure I get all the Ravens games locally as well, can’t swear to that. I also have the NFL Network (which came with the TCM package I got to have), so I get the NFL Red Zone coverage, very nice. That’s already a lot of football.

I ordered it and downloaded it to my Amazon Fire stick so I can watch the games on my tv. The app seems to be working altho they have yet to put up the schedule.

Serious question: why bother? I get my WFT games on local channels every Sunday plus at least one additional afternoon game plus both Sunday and Monday night games. I’m pretty sure I get all the Ravens games locally as well, can’t swear to that. I also have the NFL Network (which came with the TCM package I got to have), so I get the NFL Red Zone coverage, very nice. That’s already a lot of football.
In my case, it would be due to being a San Fran fan in PA. I'm going to look into the streaming option. However, I usually just opt for the $10 per month Red zone package on YouTube TV for 4 months and that gets me through.

In my case, it would be due to being a San Fran fan in PA. I'm going to look into the streaming option. However, I usually just opt for the $10 per month Red zone package on YouTube TV for 4 months and that gets me through.
Yeah, after I posted I gave it a little more thought and figured it was something along the lines of wanting to watch your out-of-town favorite team.

Reactions: Alphabets
That is exactly....being able to watch games like that. I can never get enough football...and I love being able to watch out of market games.

Reactions: LionJim
Yeah, after I posted I gave it a little more thought and figured it was something along the lines of wanting to watch your out-of-town favorite team.
As a Braves fan in NEPA, I tried the MLB package. Because of my location, they black out all of the games at Citi Field (Mets), PNC Field (Phillies) and Nationals Park. All of these are NL East rivals and the reason I bought it to begin with. I dropped it and get them by other means. Why should I pay for something I'm not getting? It's ridiculous.

I see that you figured it out before I could give the snarky response that some of us would be doomed to watch WFT and Raven games if we couldn't work out an alternative. Me? I stream the games I want (yes, illegally).

As a Braves fan in NEPA, I tried the MLB package. Because of my location, they black out all of the games at Citi Field (Mets), PNC Field (Phillies) and Nationals Park. All of these are NL East rivals and the reason I bought it to begin with. I dropped it and get them by other means. Why should I pay for something I'm not getting? It's ridiculous.

You don't get the blackout games on local TV? I'm an NL East guy too, and I get all the games, with the Phillies & Pirates on local channels.

I need some sympathy from you Jim..I’ve been paying to watch WFT games for the past 15 years. At least you’ve gotten to suffer for free.

Seriously though, I’ve got 4 TVs going in my basement where I’ll put a local game on one, a random game of interest on a second, the WFT game with volume on a third, and then use the 4th to create my own Red Zone channel flipping from game to game. For the 4pm games, it’s usually just 3-4 of them so lock them all into a TV. Enjoyable way to spend Sunday’s with friends if I’m free.

The best one of those ever was the scum at NFL changing Harrisburg to a ravens' market. Outrageous. And we had to sit there and see the happy Eagles fans watch their games at home every week.

I just left. F that place.

• Angry
Reactions: PearlSUJam
You don't get the blackout games on local TV? I'm an NL East guy too, and I get all the games, with the Phillies & Pirates on local channels.
Nope. Phillies are Con-cast only here and no Pirates. There's random Mets games on our Fox knockoff channel however it's not in HD. The Nats are too far away yet get blacked out even on ESPN.

We do get the Steelers and Eagles games though.

I need some sympathy from you Jim..I’ve been paying to watch WFT games for the past 15 years. At least you’ve gotten to suffer for free.

Seriously though, I’ve got 4 TVs going in my basement where I’ll put a local game on one, a random game of interest on a second, the WFT game with volume on a third, and then use the 4th to create my own Red Zone channel flipping from game to game. For the 4pm games, it’s usually just 3-4 of them so lock them all into a TV. Enjoyable way to spend Sunday’s with friends if I’m free.
Yeah, the Redskins used to be the greatest show on earth.

Package is for fans of teams that don't live in that area, I as well live in the DC market, but could care less about them. Red zone channel is all you need when your team isn't on..

I am confused. Wen Iwent to checkout te streaming options, my address is classified as inelgible for te Ditect Ticket live stream options . I need to ave a sattalite installation for Direct TV I am on Amazon plus

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT