ADVERTISEMENT

Really getting tired of a defender being completely unblocked on every single play

rmem

Mar 19, 2017
Are the OL and TE really that bad at this, or is the coaching that bad? WTF was Gesicki doing watching the player go right by him on a running play when he was the only one that even had a chance at making the play?

Reactions: Sharkies
A lot have said, "use the pistol, get Barkley running downhill".

Proof that formation doesn't matter if you don't block people.

I'm beginning to think this is now a coaching and player effort issue. It's one thing to have trouble with Ohio St or Michigan St. Its another issue to have trouble with everyone you play, including Rutgers.

Are the OL and TE really that bad at this, or is the coaching that bad? WTF was Gesicki doing watching the player go right by him on a running play when he was the only one that even had a chance at making the play?
NFL will mean Not For Long for Gesicki if he blocks like that. He has no interest in blocking.

Reactions: Mixolydian
I've seen many games when Joe's teams came out uninspired as well against a lesser team. It's early in the game, and I'm betting that PSU turns it around.

Other observation:

Saw Ellison Jordan playing in the 1st quarter, That's a good sign, as we need to build DT depth with Givens at DT and next year when we lose 3 top DT's to graduation.

I believe we will be better off as an offense next year without Gesicki. His blocking liability impacts the game more negatively than his receiving does in most games. We need a TE that can block!

I've seen many games when Joe's teams came out uninspired as well against a lesser team. It's early in the game, and I'm betting that PSU turns it around.

Other observation:

Saw Ellison Jordan playing in the 1st quarter, That's a good sign, as we need to build DT depth with Givens at DT and next year when we lose 3 top DT's to graduation.

I believe we will be better off as an offense next year without Gesicki. His blocking liability impacts the game more negatively than his receiving does in most games. We need a TE that can block!
It is pretty bad. And with our current OL we could lose to many teams on a given day. It's unimaginably horrible for a power five conference school.

Millen is focusing on Gesicki, which is absolutely fair, but Will Fries is a sieve. The rest of the o line isn't much better. I wonder if Limegrover is embarrassed

Ya losing him is a positive and negative. I rather have a TE who is a ferocious blocker then wr specially with this OL.
Hopefully next TE is much better blocker.

Gesecki is pathetic. He refused to even attempt to block a DB who ran free and tackled SB for a 6 yard loss. Then, on the next series, he completely whiffs on another block. Can't believe he doesn't get his butt chewed out when he comes off the field.

6-6, 252 lbs. and refuses to even attempt to block a 185lb. DB. He just turned his head
around and looked at SB while he was getting dumped!

Reactions: nits74
Millen is focusing on Gesicki, which is absolutely fair, but Will Fries is a sieve. The rest of the o line isn't much better. I wonder if Limegrover is embarrassed
Well, he has to take some of the blame. No improvement at all.

Ya losing him is a positive and negative. I rather have a TE who is a ferocious blocker then wr specially with this OL.
Hopefully next TE is much better blocker.

Hope Bowers gets healthy for 2018......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT